Classic Album series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by White_Noise, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timw

timw Senior Member

It's on Youtube split up into 5 parts i believe....It's a good documentary.

2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Any new episodes on the horizon?

3. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Are these still on Netflix (U.S. library)? I searched for "classic albums" yesterday and found nothing.

4. Dee Zee

Dee Zee Once Upon a Dream

The one on Plastic Ono Band is good as well as the Band's brown album. Also the Doors first album and the grateful Dead one is cool too.

5. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

It's fantastic.

Why don't they do more of these? Does anyone know?

6. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I believe they're all available on Qello Concerts.

jdw likes this.
  7. Wow, how did I miss responding last year? Anyway: yep, the Bollocks DVD has a lot of extras, including interview clips, live footage, and Steve Jones running through the riffs for every song on the album in his "Play In a Day the Steve Jones Way" segment.

Quadboy likes this.
  8. lugnut2099

lugnut2099 Forum Resident

Can't find 'em either, so yeah, I guess they're gone for now. Looks like several episodes are complete on Youtube, though.

9. They don't sell a lot of copies for some albums. You'd have to be very selective.

10. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I could have sworn, there was one on "Hotel California" but I must have dreamed it up, because I don't see it listed anywhere.

11. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The one covering the debut album by The Doors is very entertaining. Ray explains his inspirations and using the keyboard for the bass parts. And yes, the tracks with Larry Knetchel (sp?).

Encuentro likes this.
  12. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Some kind of documentary on Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" production would sell well. As much as I would love this kind of documentary on an Amy Grant album other than House of Love (the Building The House of Love VHS/LD) and Legacy...Hymns and Faith (the bonus DVD on first pressings of the album), I know that it would not sell very well so I would not request Amy to Eagle Rock Entertainment.

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Hard to believe Beatles / White Album' Chris Thomas was the Producer of said album.

14. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

A great series. I found the Band's s/t-documentary exciting to watch, and it was great to see Mr. Wonder recreate some of his layers/drums of keyboards on "I Wish"!

15. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I wish they would do Deep Purple's Perfect Strangers.

16. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I was super impressed on the love and care put into the Dead episode.

17. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

The "Dark Side Of The Moon" episode is just wonderful, including the bonus material on the DVD. All Floyd members are involved - including Roger, who does a great acoustic performance of "Brain Damage."

18. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I don't remember that one...I know I would have bought it. If no one has brought up Yellow Brick Road yet, that is definitely a very well done episode if you are a fan of the album.

Jamey K likes this.
  19. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

My friend worked with them, and said it was so wrenching they couldn't take it any more and changed producers. Well seems Mutt was executive producer for Adrenalize but not battering them in the studio. I didn't realize he produced High 'n' Dry which I still think in some ways was their best.

20. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Wikipedia says "In the Netherlands special episodes were made about Dutch albums...These were included in the regular broadcast of the English series, but never released on DVD."

What the heck does that mean? They made English-language episodes about Dutch bands? Or Dutch-language episodes? I'd be interested to see some of those, like Moving Waves, but I don't understand Dutch.

21. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

So I guess this series is done? :(

22. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

Seen them all.
    My favorites are Deep Purple Machine Head, Iron Maiden Number Of The Beast and Black Sabbath Paranoid

Edit: Behind The Music is another great series!

23. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I wish they would box these up as a set. I would like to have them all. I love DSOM, and Machine Head, but my absolute favorite was the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation one. It was a great look into the genius that was FZ. Made before the current family feud as well.

24. xcqn

xcqn Audiophile

What happened? They just stopped producing these for some reason.
    My theory is that they had some television deal with VH1 and then VH1 wasn't interested anymore.

It's a pity, they should keep doing them and put them out on Blu-ray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.