Paul Mauriat - Love is Blue & what is an MP4? (NWS?)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GuildX700, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Been trying to get the original radio hit version of this on CD for some time. There are other/later versions but they suck. Evidently it did come out on Blooming Hits but that CD was pulled & now it sells for $100+. I guess there are some issues with rights to the original radio version.

I should probably get a clean original 45 record and burn it to CD, but I'm not sure how my V15xMR would react to a 45? I don't want to damage the stylus.

I did find the tune for free tonight on an MP4, but after burning it, it only plays on my blu ray/DVD player.

It does sound good but I'd really like to put this on a CD compilation of instrumentals. So what is an MP4? Is there no way to convert to CD?

Here it is, (a bit NWS for the LP cover):

2. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

As long as you use VNC you can always save the audio stream.

3. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I have a version on a comp that I made that is excellent. I have always thought it was the version that was released as a single.
    I am thinking I got it from some cheesy 60s hits CDs. "Super Hits of the 60s" or " Hits of 1968" or some such.

GuildX700 likes this.
  4. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

That's a great song, love it. Remember the first time I heard it, in fact, was in high school.

I didn't think that version was that uncommon, I think I got the file somewhere a few years ago and it was the same one.

GuildX700 likes this.
  5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I remember one of my grade school buddies making up incredibly filthy lyrics to accompany this song. God bless him :) Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing to "Music Box Dancer" ten years later.

GuildX700 likes this.
  6. GuildX700

There are several versions that sound "like" the original radio hit, but in fact upon a careful listen all are different, sometimes quite a bit so. Even what posted is still not "it".

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  7. GuildX700

:biglaugh:

8. Burt

Burt Forum Resident

John Morris aka John Christopher plays this on his "The Neon Beat" radio show on a semi regular basis. BTW there are several sets of novelty or parody lyrics to this floating around.

GuildX700 likes this.
  9. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Mono 45 on Phillips or you're s*** out of luck. Nothing else is the hit version, not even the crappy stereo mix.

vonwegen and GuildX700 like this.
  10. I'm surprised there's that many versions of this (I've got the mono and stereo LPs so I'm covered... I think?). What releases are you finding these on, and are they just different edits?

11. GuildX700

I was afraid I'd hear that.

Thanks for the confirmation though.

I guess I'll have to find a clean one and get over to my old buddy's house. I haven't been there in some time. He claims he has a good mono 45 set up I can burn from. This remains to be seen (or heard).

12. GuildX700

There are quite a few..... edit, stereo, re-dos, it's a bit silly, but NONE sound like the original radio release. Even what I posted.

Steve has just confirmed this in his post.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  13. MrS

MrS Active Member

An MP4 is part of the Apple Quicktime format and is probably the sound and vision, you can convert it to sound only or import it into iTunes and put it in a playlist of compilation material then just burn it to CD.
    I do it all the time for music for the car, iTunes makes it simple, you could also convert it to MP3 with free software like "Any Video Converter"-you'll probably lose some quality though.

14. GuildX700

FWIW, I think this is THE one:

vonwegen likes this.
  15. winopener

winopener Forum Resident

Steve, are you sure the mono 45 is not a fold? I have a stereo Blooming Hits transfer and folded down to mono... it sounds the same as the clip above, which is a true mono release (l-r cancels out).

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No. This one. Sorry about the ****ing ad.

Complete with cue burn:

GuildX700 and HominyRhodes like this.
  17. vette442

vette442 Senior Member

Thanks for making me listen to this at least 20 times today so far.... When this song popped up at the end of a Mad Men episode last year, I got goosebumps instantly since I remembered it so well from childhood. (I was born in '68 so it was obviously getting a lot of radio airplay well into the mid '70s).

18. GuildX700

Thanks!!!!

19. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

20. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

A 1989 double CD set "Sessions Presents EVERLASTING LOVE" (Warner Special Products OPCD-4522) had it as track 18 on disc 1.

21. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Get the 45 in near mint condition (they are out there) or get the Bloomin' Hits LP (which is often a $1 LP in my neck of the woods).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.