Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not that I'm being asked, but still want to say that, in my case, the shipping costs difference between Amazon and Elusive Disc is an absolute no-brainer. That's why I stick to Amazon.

2. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

Well, the price-matching at Amazon post is not for me only, but for all of those who wish to order from Amazon.com for many various, and differing reasons; such as price, payment options, tax differences, shipping costs, customer service, etc., etc., etc.

I personally may not even order from Amazon.

I know there are a lot of folk around her who have ordered this box-set from Amazon, and I figured I would try to summarize, and provide links as a small service and to make it easier for those who do wish to order from Amazon for any of the various reasons.

Amazon.com offers the buyer the ability to make them aware of competitive pricing; as I see it, this service works for both the buyer (better prices) and Amazon.com (staying competitive price-wise).

Why not take the 50-90 secs. and submit the better prices to Amazon if someone has laid it all out for you?

Or don't... your choice.

:wave:

Easy-E likes this.
  3. Beatles Fan 4 Life

Beatles Fan 4 Life Forum Resident

I just pre-ordered mine from Soundstage direct for $299.00! Yay for me. :wiggle: I'm so glad I found out about using the SH discount code because it saved me $37.00!

4. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

OKAY, Here's the URL for Soundstagedirect.com at $336.99 (free shipping):

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/beatles-mono-box-set-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Go tell'em at Amazon (using Amazon.com link in the above quote)... Go, Go, GO!

The B-tles likes this.
  5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Amazon gets bashed a lot. It's funny given that places like Elusive Disc sell most everything at full retail. Amazon is still usually cheaper. We are over a month away from seeing this set (and longer if it is delayed like practically every new release). There is time for Amazon to drop their price, and if they don't, you can cancel your order in seconds.

I prefer to order from Amazon because I get free two-day shipping, and returns and exchanges are very easy. Many new releases are competitively priced as well.

googlymoogly and imarcq like this.
  6. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

It's probably best to let amazon know there is a lower price whether your buying from them or not... not just for the purposes of the Beatles box. It let's them know consumers are shopping around. I know lately I've found lower prices (including shipping) from places other than amazon. It helps keeps everyone competitive.

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

This is true.

8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

This is a valid question. I think people like the 'easy' return policy of Amazon and that's why they'd rather buy from them. But, for my situation, Elusive disc is still better because they don't charge Washington Tax, and Amazon does, so tax for this box on Amazon would have cost me $38, which would put the box over $400 which is just ridiculous. I Already give this state and the Treasury $2800.00 a month on payroll taxes.
    the beave

9. stevefish

stevefish Forum Resident

That's a fantastic deal. I did a little digging and found that BullMoose is using USPS Priority for their expedited shipping. Since they're only charging $4.99 for that and SoundStage Direct are charging $60.77, I'm sticking with BullMoose.

10. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

SIXTY DOLLARS??????????????????????
    the beave says, and I quote...... 'WTF'?
    the beave

11. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Has anyone beat the $240 deal from BIOH yet?

12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

What is the SH discount code???

EDIT: Never mind; I found the comment upthread about entering SH in the coupon code box. However, that coupon code didn't work for me. :(

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  13. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not that I've seen.

I was fortunate to luck into that 'deal' Amazon Germany had a few weeks back where there was a small window late at night when the box set was listed at only 212 EUR after VAT removal. With shipping to Canada, it worked out to 221 EUR, or $319 CDN ($298 USD) by today's exchange rate. I'm hoping they honour the price. Shortly after placing my order, the price shot up to over 300 EUR (it's now at 379 EUR).

14. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Unfortunately SH doesn't work on preorders.

15. mrjinks

But several others upthread have said it did for them (?). I just assumed the deal had expired...

16. Beatles Fan 4 Life

Huh,that's weird because it worked for me. I wonder if it's because I used VISA and not PayPal.

17. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

No it never expires. Not sure why it didn't work then. Maybe it was your payment method selected.

18. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

You do have to pay Soundstage Direct in full for that pre-order, I believe. Looks like the "SH" code wasn't working when I just tried it.

19. Beatles Fan 4 Life

Yeah you do and that part I don't like but at $77.00 cheaper then Amazon I couldn't pass it up. If it drops to lower elsewhere I could still cancel it. The charge is listed as pending in my account I'm curious if it will stay that way. I entered the SH code without caps, I don't know if that makes any difference.

20. mrjinks

Well, I'll be damned. Whether I enter it with or without caps, it doesn't work. Tried on a PC and also on my ipad. It shows the price as $336.99 and right below says "Coupon Not Applied SH" (it puts it in caps whether I do or not)...

21. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

For now I'm sticking with my Amazon CA pre-order - caught it when it was CDN$ 356.54 with shipping, which is currently about $341 US, though the exchange rate fluctuates daily.

22. Beatles Fan 4 Life

:cry: I feel bad. It sucks that it won't work for you.

23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

The reason the Soundstage direct SH code isn't working for the Box is because it states:

"This title is not eligible for further discount."

If it did work at one time, it was probably a fluke. Anytime I order items at Soundstage that have that disclaimer the SH or any other coupon code will not apply.

24. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Shipping is not $0.00 on pre-orders - only on IN STOCK items at Elusive Disc. I was going to order, but when I saw that shipping was added, I removed the box from my cart. I am personally waiting until either Amazon drops their price to around that to match others ($336 or so), or I will merely order on release day for those places that have it in stock, like Elusive Disc/Music Direct (who also charge shipping on pre-orders), etc to get the free shipping.

25. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I'm sticking with $336 shipped from bullmoose.com, and they have excellent customer service and returns.

dasacco and stevefish like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.