WILCO NEWS!! Ongoing Thread On All Things Wilco- Which Will Be Updated As Needed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by linclink, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

2. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Tweedy on Fallon tonight.

linclink likes this.
  3. rcb30

rcb30 Fender Rhodesian

So did anyone pick up the two Feb solo benefit shows in Chicago? How are they? I bought the two Largo shows at the end of the year and honestly felt ripped off and disappointed. Sick and not at full voice ... you don't put those up for sale to your fans.

linclink and Carserguev like this.
  4. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

It's only news is linclink posts it, I guess.. but Wilco have announced 2 shows in Ohio:

Wilco returns to Ohio this September. Presale on Wed., 7/30. 10am ET. On sale Fri., 8/1. 10am ET.

Sept 3 @ LC Pavilion - Columbus, OH
    Sept 4 @ Akron Civic Theater - Akron, OH

linclink, Carserguev and hutlock like this.
  5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Thanks for posting. Going to try to make one at least.

Pawnmower likes this.
  6. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

damn

Wednesday and Thursday

maybe they will play Michigan on a Friday or Saturday night, pretty please
    would love to fly up, visit the family and see a show

7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Jeff's Newport Folk Festival show from last weekend is available as a free iTunes download.
    Just search "tweedy npr"

linclink likes this.
  8. linclink

linclink Forum Resident Thread Starter

Can you please provide a link to this (didn't find it on iTunes at all)...or send me a special PM here? ;) Thanks so much!!

9. linclink

I went to the shows & have them both. They are stellar. You will not be disappointed, please trust me on this one. N repeats over the two nights & while night one was amazing, night two was honestly one for the ages!

rcb30 likes this.
  10. linclink

Ha!!! You're doin' just fine...been super busy...but happily headed to visit friends in Akron (& pick up a Martin J-40 I bought there on the way through earlier this year) & then my dad after that & hitting both gigs!
    Very excited to hear rumors about NYC area shows happening between Sept. 7 & Sept 19...we'll keep 'ya posted here!

11. I can't link from my phone, but it's an NPR Podcast, as opposed to a normal music download.

12. linclink

Right On! I actually have a file of it, but wasn't sure if there wasn't something better out there. It's fine & I'm no audiophile (don't have the $), but just checking...thanks for the info! Great show & it added one new track that had been debuted before (in Dallas IIRC), but hadnt' been "out there" to get too easily, "Hazel"- which makes 16 of the 20 songs that appeared as either official per-releases, or have been played live at shows that aren't all that hard to locate...

13. timind

timind phorum rezident

linclink likes this.
  14. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I just did this so I know it works...

Open iTunes
    Click on iTunes store
    Search tweedy npr
    It's the 2nd of 2 matches.

linclink likes this.
  15. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

linclink likes this.
  16. linclink

http://www.musikexpress.de/news/meldungen/article623994/wilco-arbeiten-an-neuen-songs.html
    Translated from the German by Google:- "On September 23 SUKIERAE appears from Tweedy, the new band of Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy and his 18-year-old son Spencer. Even before the plate has been published, Jeff already saying that he wants to work with Wilco on new songs: "We will begin later this week, recording demos," he says in an interview with Music Express "We already have many hours of improvised. recorded material, rather noisiges stuff. "
    In addition, Tweedy has taken songs with Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig for a joint project. The two singers of the New York indie band Lucius can also be heard on SUKIERAE. "I have seen the two live a while ago and found it great. Last year I did it to our festival (Solid Sound Festival The host, the Wilco annually since 2010 -. Note) invited. I can work great with them. "

Wilco's current, eighth album THE WHOLE LOVE released in September 2011 a release date for the new recordings has Tweedy not disclosed."

The full interview with Jeff Tweedy can be found in the October issue of Music Express, on 11 September 2014 at the kiosk and the App Store.

17. linclink

Catching up on the Tweedy solo onslaught that I've not posted here as of late (super busy)...

Solo acoustic "Wait For Love": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or0DcEhWLEY

Studio Version of "Fake Fur Coat": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgKD04FhEI8

Studio Version of "Flowering": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLz2_jmUzRc
    "Flowering" live from the inaugural Mt. Jam performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMt7qrPU0Bc

Live NPR Field Recording of "High As Hello": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox_s09dEsQ0
    Studio Version of "High As Hello": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJkOwvuI5sQ
    Live on Jimmy Fallon"High As Hello": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylmDv1NHWho

Live On Jimmy Fallon "Summer Noon": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKIx6YAeFq0

18. linclink

I'm went to the show in Baltimore & D.C. earlier this year (not knowing how many shows would happen, nor where) & am now going to the Tweedy/Jeff Tweedy shows in both Ithaca & Buffalo, sooooooooo....

I'm selling, at cost, my pair of great tickets to the show at Brooklyn Academy Of Music, on Sept 23rd, the release date of the "Sukirae" double album. Here are the details...

Orchestra 3 Row L Seat 35 Full Price $55.00
    Orchestra 3 Row L Seat 37 Full Price $55.00

19. linclink

THE WILCO REPORT: Eight new TWEEDY tracks streaming now @ wilcoworld.net : “I’ll Sing It”, "Summer Noon," "Wait For Love," "Diamond Light - Part 1," "Fake Fur Coat," "Low Key," "High as Hello" and "Flowering."
    "I'll Sing It" is the 8th & final pre-release track (available this Monday, Aug. 25) when you pre-order the album Sukierae (out 9/23) your purchase will include instant downloads of all eight of these songs!!
    http://wilcoworld.net/#!/eight-new-tweedy-tracks-streaming-now-including-ill-sing-it/

20. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

It's been a while, but we've got some big news for you.
    Wilco's never been a band that needs a particular reason to play shows, but this time, they've got one. They'll play a string of late-2014 dates as part of the band's 20th anniversary celebration (yes, that's right, Wilco's been a band for 20 years. We can't believe it either). The brief fall tour begins at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville on Oct. 21, followed by stops in Knoxville, Raleigh and Port Chester, NY. Can't get to a show? Tune in for Wilco's performance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on October 27. Wonder what song they'll do — how will they choose??
    And the anniversary revelry won't stop there – we'll soon announce news about two forthcoming releases – Wilco's first-ever Best Of collection and a Rarities box we're pretty sure you're gonna love.
    Get ready. Full dates and onsale info here.

- The HQ staff

Oh yeah, don't forget, Tweedy's Sukierae is out Sept. 23.

.ExternalClass .ecxr { font-size:12px; } .ExternalClass .ecxfont-size { font-size:12px; } Wilco North American Tour Dates

Sept 3LC PavilionColumbus, OHTICKETS
    Sept 4Akron Civic TheatreAkron, OHTICKETS
    Sept 6Lockn' FestivalArrington, VATICKETS
    Sept 7Lockn' FestivalArrington, VATICKETS
    Oct 21Ryman AuditoriumNashville, TNON SALE 9/5
    Oct 22Ryman AuditoriumNashville, TNON SALE 9/5
    Oct 23Tennessee TheatreKnoxville, TNON SALE 9/5
    Oct 25North Carolina Museum of ArtRaleigh, NCON SALE 9/5
    Oct 28Capitol TheatrePort Chester, NYON SALE 9/5
    Oct 29Capitol TheatrePort Chester, NYON SALE 9/5

Pawnmower, linclink and Carserguev like this.
  21. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

The best (and most surprising) part of this news is tucked away at the end:

And the anniversary revelry won't stop there – we'll soon announce news about two forthcoming releases – Wilco's first-ever Best Of collection and a Rarities box we're pretty sure you're gonna love.
    Get ready.

A Wilco rarities box? Yes please!

Pawnmower, Yorick, linclink and 2 others like this.
  22. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Best of Wilco tracklist speculation... go!

23. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

can't wait for the rarities box set

vinyl version too please

does it cover side projects like Loose Fur and August Defense
    or bonafide Wilco tunes

can't wait

just saw Tweety at Ryman
    may do the Raleigh show since it's a weekend flight

they must have bought out their back catalog to be putting out a compilation

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    linclink likes this.
  24. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  25. Golden Richards

Golden Richards Forum Rodent

I am looking forward to finally getting the web-release version of 'Cars Can't Escape' that is better than 192 kbps. I am sure either the rarities or best of should include it.

linclink and rcb30 like this.