New Stevie Nicks album, 24 Karat Gold, due October 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mathew, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathew

Mathew Forum Resident Thread Starter

From the BMI ICON Awards:

"We went on to YouTube and we found all the songs that, somehow, were taken from my house or picked up or loaned out or whatever, and we picked up all the songs that like -- there was like 25 songs that the fans really wanted me to record, and we picked 18. And we went to Nashville and we recorded 17 songs. So they're like all starting from like 1969 maybe? I call them my 24-carat gold songs."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...gold-title-release-details?utm_source=twitter

2. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

I'm interested. I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed In Your Dreams. I'm not familiar with any of the tracks she mentions being on YouTube so they'll all be fresh and new to me.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Stevie seems to have a bottomless trunk of old unrecorded songs. She was pulling stuff out of it for Say You Will, Trouble in Shangri-La, In Your Dreams...

But I would have thought her 24 karat gold songs would be the ones that have already made her a fortune!

theMess likes this.
  4. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I really liked 'In Your Dreams'. Some songs could have been pruned a little, though.

theMess and coffeetime like this.
  5. Kit2010

Kit2010 Too far gone

Great news! I hope there are some Buckingham-Nicks era gems amongst the 24 karat selection. I'm pretty certain this is what many fans really want to hear.

coffeetime likes this.
  6. sentinel90125

sentinel90125 Forum Resident

I really enjoyed "In Your Dreams" as well, but let's hope that the new one isn't quite as loud.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  7. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

With a new Fleetwood Mac tour and album (whenever that materializes), I'd be surprised if this really comes out this October.

9. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Interesting she would release this during the Fleetwood Mac tour. It almost guarantees the Fleetwood Mac album will come out next year so there will probably be a second Fleetwood Mac tour for that. No complaints from me about that.

theMess and linclink like this.
  10. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

In Your Dreams in underrated, IMO. It's really a good disc - one of those "go back and listen to it again" type of discs. It didn't jump out as classic Stevie for me on the first couple of listens, but my wife popped it in the player a couple of weeks ago and I found myself humming/singing along which to me meant the songs did register. I found new interest in it. I of course will buy the new disc!

11. pghmusiclover

theMess and Kit2010 like this.
  12. Bobby Morrow

I actually preferred it to Trouble In Shangri-La. The latter never really connected with me at all.

13. Yannick

Yannick Forum Resident

Wow, a "most wanted songs by popular demand" type of record. I would never have guessed Stevie Nicks would do that at this stage in her career. Kudos to her for doing so.

theMess likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so are these re-recorded are actually the original versions of songs sge recorded through the years and never got around to releasing?

15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

It's new recordings.

theMess and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Man, I loved Trouble in Shangri-La. I had a completely different take. I also have In Your Dreams. I think Trouble is one of her top 3 discs for me. Maybe only behind Bella Donna.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  17. Bobby Morrow

Yes, I know it's a popular choice. It bugs me that I don't like it more! Maybe I should spend a bit more time with it...

Todd W. likes this.
  18. pghmusiclover

Yes I really liked "Trouble..." also. I thought "In Your Dreams" was a bit meandering and monotonous, though I really wanted to like it!

JDeanB likes this.
  19. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

My two favorite tracks on Shangri-La were the old ones..."Planets of the Universe" and "Sorcerer"

20. Kit2010

Kit2010 Too far gone

Great heads up, thanks! From the article:

"24 Karat Gold comprises songs that Nicks wrote primarily between 1969 and 1987, plus two that were penned in 1994 and 1995. In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Nicks said she was inspired to reimagine these older tracks after stumbling across a slew of the original bootlegs on YouTube."
    Whooa! Prayers have been answered. "I can't wait"

theMess likes this.
  21. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Too Far From Texas...............:)

22. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I wanted to like In Your Dreams more than I did. Still, new Stevie is always welcome.

23. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Look forward to this as I really enjoyed "In Your Dreams" . Great she utilized Dave Stewart and Waddy once again :righton:.

coffeetime likes this.
  24. Fields&Lanes

Fields&Lanes Forum Resident

Looking forward to this one too. Not only for the performances, but to also see the list of songs that were selected.

25. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I really enjoyed In Your Dreams; it's my second favorite album of hers (the first being Bella Donna). Trouble in Shangri-La is a great album as well and was a real return to form after the lacklustre Street Angel and The Other Side of the Mirror. I'm hoping the winning streak will continue with this new release. It's interesting to see that the vinyl will be out a week before the CD version, especially when In Your Dreams was never issued on vinyl at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.