Kiss 2014 Vinyl Reissues (Pt4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

The 97 remaster and the 2014 are the same mixes and they are the original mixes from 82.

Curveboy likes this.
  2. 4stringking73

4stringking73 Forum Resident

The 2014 mastered for itunes I downloaded sounds absolutley nothing like the 97 remaster? The drums are glaringly different, there is no openess and snap?That is what bummed me out and made me cancel my preorder. I mean the difference is night and day. Is there any chance that itunes switched mixes and I got an different mix about a month ago? To say I am now frustrated is a huge understatement.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  3. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

Mmm.... may it be becuase it's a lousy, lossy compressed format?

4stringking73 likes this.
  4. 4stringking73

Lol! I hear you : ) But seriously, it is not same mix as my 97 remaster. Not even close. I give up, you guys think I am nuts.
    I only bought the download because I want Creatures so bad and it got pushed back. I was hoping it would tide me over until it was released in the States.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  5. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

So did that 2014 vinyl box set sell out? I assume it must have by now, even with the $1750 price tag.

6. 1973_2fk4

1973_2fk4 Active Member

With KISS you never know.
    Perhaps the box will be 5000$ in a few years or you can be lucky to get 1000$
    If I knew before that it WILL be 5000$ I would have ordered, but it is to risky just to "try to make money"

The only thing I want are the missing LPs, mainly Double Platinum. (I would like to know if the insert is in there, too...)
    Perhaps it will be released anyway as a usual 2014 LP.

CU
    1973_2fk4

7. wkcchampion

Oh so do I!!!! Doble Platinum, Killers, Smashes trashes hits.
    BTW, I still see Double Platinum and Smashes listed for pre-order at Acoustic Sounds, but with "arrival date to be announced". Fingers crossed!

8. 1973_2fk4

1973_2fk4 Active Member

It would be really great, I am reading all parts of this thread and started reading it in the 2nd part. As far as I remember reading all posts - only Acoustic Sounds had it listed? I don't want to smash anyone dreams but I don't remember any other company - EU or US - that had these for pre order.

But we will never know. I love this thread. There are a lot of interesting things coming still. All the US pressed versions that are coming, the CREATURES version (82 or 85 mix) Are DP/KILLERS/ST&H coming?

I listen to KISS since I was six years old, now I am 40 and still loving this band... Crazy...

1973_2fk4

bodicus likes this.
  9. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

The 1985 Remix has a different drum sound, different reverb on the vocals, guitars are boosted way up (in the chorus you can clearly hear a part that was buried in the original mix)

The easiest way to tell is to go to the very end of the song...the original rings out; the '85 version does not.

Which ever version you listen to...it's a great song!

4stringking73, tonyzz and LongPlay33 like this.
  10. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Even in the intros it's a big differences. The drums alone stand out as a big difference.

11. markaberrant

markaberrant Forum Resident

Why not just buy an original LP of Creatures? Sounds like the simplest solution. Y'all are over thinking this way too much and making it way too complicated.

12. wkcchampion

Simple. Because the odds of getting it in real NM condition, that is: noise-free and, especially, IGD-free, without paying for it more than the current reissues, are very few.

4stringking73 and Mij Retrac like this.
  13. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

The next one or the new one (SPACE INVADER)? The only cover on the new one is Steve Miller's "The Joker".

14. LongPlay33

LongPlay33 Well-Known Member

Ace in a recent interview said that he is already recording songs for his new album sometime in the future there is gonna be all covers of his favorites songs.

celticbob and tonyzz like this.
  15. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

Yes,i am a big fan of creatures too,there is one thing that is puzzling me for a long time now,once back in the late 80's i heard a version of the song in the radio with a strange echo at the end of the chorus like,we're creatures of the night,night,night.....did you or anybody heard this version ?
    I have looked everywhere but i could not find it in any cd...?

LongPlay33 likes this.
  16. tonyzz

tonyzz Well-Known Member

It's true,but i want to have a us sealed copy,now is impossible to find one or too expensive.

4stringking73 and LongPlay33 like this.
  17. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I think you may be thinking of the song Creatures of the Night by Madmen (or maybe Madman)
    It only stuck in my head because a friend dated someone in the band way back when...

tonyzz likes this.
  18. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

19. Mij Retrac

It could very well be that they used less compression in the new remaster compared to the 97 also. That would make it seem like there is less reverb. Just a thought.

20. Mij Retrac

An original NM copy of Creatures last time I checked was going for at least $70.

4stringking73 likes this.
  21. Mij Retrac

Nope
    http://www.myplaydirect.com/kiss

22. LongPlay33

LongPlay33 Well-Known Member

Radio stations can add echo to the song they're playing, maybe that's what could happened.

4stringking73 and tonyzz like this.
  23. ToddH

ToddH Forum Resident

that kiss boxset would be so much fun to order and then get it in the mail. Just seems like a lot of fun to sit down and go through all that and listen to the records.

just to darn expensive for me!

24. 4stringking73

Yeah, I appreciate you being open to possibilities. Wish I could have you listen to the files and see the data showing it is the 2014 Mastered by iTunes version. You definitely would be like??? It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't already purchase Destroyer and Self titled 2014 vinyl and also bought the 2014 MFIT counterparts, because the vinyl and the itunes sound identical.
    No biggie, I am just going to wait until you all verify the correct mix after you have it in your possession. Creatures is the one reissue I wanted the most out of the whole campaign.

25. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Many of the hardest hitting drummers use triggers. Very common in a live setting. We don't give guitar players a hard time about using effects or amplification, why so with drums?

You still need talent behind those drum hits...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.