Good Record Stores in Atlanta Area?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Ultimix, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parvati

Parvati I'm neither male, nor can I sing

I'll have to check out the place in Roswell. That's my hometown!

2. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

You'll like it. It had just opened shortly before I moved. My first visit was for one of the Record Store Day events, so he had a good selection of both new and used vinyl. LeeS is a regular there as well.

Make sure to hit up Sweet Melissa's in Marietta Square and say hello to my pals Jim and Melissa. They stock a fair selection of new vinyl, some decent vintage stuff, and at last visit were getting in to selling audiophile grade turntables and cartridges.

3. Parvati

Parvati I'm neither male, nor can I sing

Oh cool! It sounds like I would like both places. I admit, since some kind individual gave me my first turntable, I haven't had the opportunity to play many records on it. I should really get more records. :)

4. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

I am here in Atlanta now and have exactly 4 hours tomorrow to shop for records. A lot of places are open so I have three options I think: Wuxtry, Wax N Facts, and Fantasyland. I can do 2 and thats it. I tried Wax n Facts before and walked away empty so I am thinking Wuxtry and Fantasyland, neither of which I have been to (I think anyways - lost track years ago!)....any other better suggestions are MOST welcome.

5. blue.monk

blue.monk Forum Resident

I haven't been to Fantasyland but I found Wuxtry to have a pretty good selection and is well organized.

6. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

I meant are NOT open on Mondays....oops.

7. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

I haven't been in Atlanta in a VERY long time (more than ten years now), but I still remember Wax & Facts very fondly and am glad to see they're still going.
    Very friendly people, very nice stock (rare stuff there as well), and a very welcome sense of community at work. What every record store should strive to be !

mikemoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.