Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

2. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

Does this price include tax (I'm in PA/NJ) or is it the final number?

3. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I'm in Mass and they don't tax me.

4. stevefish

stevefish Forum Resident

They're in Maine and New Hampshire, so I think you'll be tax-free unless you have it shipped to one of those two states.

Bull Moose Locations

5. glide

glide Forum Resident

They only charge tax in ME. NH has no sales tax.

stevefish likes this.
  6. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Mr. H likes this.
  7. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

SH coupon does work on Pre-Orders that have not been discounted already

8. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

we do not charge for shipping on Pre-Orders over $34.99

[email protected]

9. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

If I may share my experience... the item's regular price at SoundStageDirect is $374.99. The SH discount reduces the price by $41.25. I pay no shipping or sales tax, so my total is $333.74. I ordered on July 21. I am happy to support an independent business and a forum member, count on superior packaging, and pay a discounted price.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  10. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

11. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Yes I am well aware, since I order a lot from you. I hesitate to preorder this high priced item because unfortunately your company charges the credit card upon order and not upon shipment.

Jack likes this.
  12. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I don't think coupon applies for this. If so, please let me know. I got mine for the special pricing when it was announced without coupon.

13. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

PH416156, ptijerm, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  14. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

* All specified ship dates are estimates

16. Just curious: Is Amazon the only store that charges on shipping? As far as I understand, most others reduce the amount of available balance on card when the order is placed (which is somehow like charging on order).

17. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

I've never checked my account to see exactly when my card was charged, so I am curious to know why some are so concerned as to ask about this policy when a good deal is posted.

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Amazon.com offers free shipping on orders totaling $35 or more. This is a lower threshold than for many retailers. With Amazon Prime, shipping is free (no threshold). I have Amazon Prime and therefore qualified for free shipping on the Beatles mono vinyl box set.

19. KeithH

It's pretty simple really. Why should I be charged over $300 for an item that is not ready to ship and will not be ready to ship for quite awhile (I pre-ordered this box set three months before the scheduled release date)? Why should I pay for something that is not yet available? If the item were to be canceled (not likely here, but possible in general), would I have to get after the retailer to make sure my charge were refunded? Additionally, some people are on a tight budget. Pre-ordering three months ahead without being charged gives people the time to get the money before they are charged.

I don't order from places that charge right away on pre-orders. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Critter and PH416156 like this.
  20. Thank you for your reply, but I think I should have worded my question better (my mistake) :). I wasn't talking about shipping charges but charging credit card right after the pre-order is placed, or just when the item is shipped. Again, Amazon is the only one (that I'm aware of) that doesn't "secure" the funds on pre-orders, but just charges your credit card when the item is shipped. In other words, you can cancel your Amazon pre-order anytime as long as the item hasn't been shipped, but I don't think it can be done (as easily, at least) with other sellers. Not that I'm planning to cancel my pre-order, but I think it's some good info to know.

21. nesboy43

nesboy43 Forum Resident

For those wondering why Amazon's price is still high, they stopped being the best retailer to be a services business instead years ago.

22. KeithH

Got it. Amazon doesn't charge until they ship, but I can't say how other retailers being discussed here operate. Canceling an order is very easy with Amazon.

23. KeithH

Thanks. All these years of buying from Amazon, and I had no idea they sucked so bad. Strange that I have gotten good deals so many times and have received great customer service. Must be a coincidence.

Easy-E, jeffsab and sparkydog like this.
  24. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I don't think it's a coincidence. They have gotten a huge share of the market with excellent deals and great service, but at the expense of profits. Their investors have been very patient. At some point Amazon has to start making a profit. Perhaps that's what we are seeing now. If it were last year, I would have expected Amazon to price very competively things like the Allman Brothers blu-ray set or the Beatles mono vinyl box, but they haven't. Higher prices on these two products doesn't prove that there has been a company-wide policy decision to eliminate rock bottom prices and hope customers stay because of the great service. But that is what I'm guessing has happened.

By the way, I hear Bullmoose has great prices and great service....

25. nesboy43

nesboy43 Forum Resident

My point is that they used to be the best retailer, always the best prices and offers. When they decided to build tablets, phones, video service, roku boxes, and music service, there was a very noticable change. Now I buy everything I need at Bestbuy, and Amazon's deals don't even come close.

4 years ago, they were amazing though.

canonlon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.