Pick Your 2 favorite INXS albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Norm Apter, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Decadance! That's it, I have the Lp somewhere (8,000+ Lps), do you still run your JVC deck, I could make you a copy on a nice XLII-S, Pm me, Craig

2. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

IME, there are fewer albums that follow one another like, 'Listen like Thieves' and 'Kick'.
    'Listen' places the band into superdom status, while 'Kick' shoots the band into mega-stardom!

3. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Welcome To Wherever You Are and Full Moon, Dirty Hearts are my two favorites. In my opinion, those two albums should have been released together as one double album.

4. 905

905 Senior Member

Same here. The only two Hutchence INXS albums I don't have are the first two.

5. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

:thumbsup:

6. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Though I haven't in a long time, I played Full Moon a ton when it came out. "The Gift" is a great tune, and I really liked the Ray Charles duet.

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

PM coming, friend! Thanks! :righton:

8. Stranjluv101

Stranjluv101 New Member

The Swing and Listen Like Thieves

I got the Swing from a record club when it came out, oh the memories of picking tapes from an ad in TV Guide.

When Listen Like Thieves came out, I must've listened to it a million times. I recall staying home on a few snow days listening to that and War by U2. Good times.

9. Smartin62

Smartin62 Forum Resident

I guess I'm in the minority but I do like "Elegantly Wasted".

Taken on it's own, I didn't like it when it came out. But years later I got the "Shine Like It Does" anthology which had a b-side "Let It Ride" and later I got the UK version of EW that had the bonus track "Shine".

These two songs added to the rest of that cd makes it a really very good listen. All of the songs are more ... mature, darker and along with some really bouncy songs makes this an underrated swan song for Hutchence.

10. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I like the title track. There were a few other good tunes, as I recall. I had the CD back then, but eventually got rid of it. I don't know, I found it hard to listen to the album after Hutchence killed himself. Or died in a weird accident. Whichever.

11. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

I like Elegantly Wasted, too - it's just that it would fall 4th or 5th on my list is all.

12. sami

sami Mono still rules

They never topped "Don't Change" IMO.

Listen Like Thieves was a great record, though.

13. Norm Apter

Norm Apter Well-Known Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

The only result of the poll that is surprsing me thus far is the fact that Welcome to Wherever You Are (18) is relatively close to The Swing (24) in numbers of votes garnered.

I would have imagined The Swing to be far ahead of WtWYA (nothing against the latter, I thought it was OK back in the day, but it didn't stick with me...I guess this gives me a good reason to dig it out again).

Or maybe my surprise springs from the fact that my appreciation for The Swing has grown so immensely over the years...

14. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

At the end of the day, I wound up picking the two favorites, but this was difficult. Love every album from Shabooh Shoobah through Welcome To Wherever You Are except for The Swing.

15. John54

John54 Senior Member

The only one I have is Shabooh Shoobah, after hearing a great cover version by a local band of Don't Change ...

16. spillred

spillred Forum Resident

Shabooh Shoobah & Listen Like Thieves

Seems like two different bands between these two releases, which would make "The Swing" the transition album between the two.

17. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Picked up their debut today for $5.99. :)

Now all I need is their second and I'm all set.

18. Shabooh Shoobah and Listen Like Thieves got my vote.

19. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I've been on an INXS kick (no pun inteded) since i watched their miniseries last week. For me it's hard to top KICK, that álbum it's just perfect, full of great songs. Then X 8they wanted to continue their KICK formula with this one) and then Thieves. I enjoy The swing Shabooh Shoboah and Welcome a lot too.

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

How the hell does "Kick" have 3 x as many votes as "The Swing?" :shake:

21. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Well you know that's their most comercial biggest seller álbum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.