Films you couldn't bear to finish watching

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ghostworld, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

NOAH-we finished it. No re-watch value here.

Jackson likes this.
  2. Michael

I never quit on a movie, but I can say I regret finishing one: A Serbian Film...those disgusting images will never get out of my memory.

3. vernon

vernon Well-Known Member

Les Miserables, the one with Hugh Jackman. My wife forced me to watch it with her, I agreed, thought it was going to be a musical like The West Side Story or The Sound Of Music. From the start my patience was wearing thin but as soon as Russell Crowe opened his mouth, I ran out, screaming helter skelter!

Atmospheric and Rufus McDufus like this.
  4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i don't think i ever turned one off or walked out of a movie in my life, however, i came really really close to tuning off 'under the skin' saturday night.

and i know for sure that if scarlett johannson wasn't in it i definitely would have turned it off.

JohnBeas likes this.
  5. I think I saw about half of it; I've been trying to un-see it ever since.

6. holy-well

holy-well Well-Known Member

I found Stephen King's IT boring and fell asleep. When I first started to watch it I thought it was going to be good and it was a complete let down. I have never fallen asleep when watching a film before and I haven't since - I have watched some bad films, but this really was the worst for me. :hide::blah:

poe_man likes this.
  7. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Speaking of Johannson, I still haven't finished Lost In Translation. I don't hate myself enough to try either.

drivingfrog likes this.
  8. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

For Colored Girls(Depressing movie, not one ounce of happiness in the film), The Village(Disliked the "olde English" dialogue a lot, film goes nowhere), Superbad(Ooh fun, a movie with the F-Bomb every 5 seconds)

9. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Fixed! ;)

11. Michael

you got away easy...I wasn't so lucky!

12. CaptainOzone

CaptainOzone On Air Cowbell

Walked out on "Goonies". My girlfriend wanted to see it. We broke up not long after that.
    And I wish I had walked out on "Looking For Mr. Goodbar".

lbangs likes this.
  13. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

200 Motels ...

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member Thread Starter

I was too wasted to walk out of that one. Though I wished I could have.

norman_frappe and deadcoldfish like this.
  15. Ghostworld

I actually took two 11-year olds to that thinking I'd expose them to a musical. I dragged them out and next door to some kids' movie when Anne Hathaway started getting boinked in the gutter.

PROG U.K. likes this.
  16. Michael

this may have bean a clue:
    Rated PG-13 for suggestive and sexual material, violence and thematic elements

17. Collector Man

Collector Man Well-Known Member

Two 'hilarious ' films I can remember...
    (1).9 Weeks (or 9 and 1/2 Weeks...I was confused by the title!) but t had Mickey Rouke and Kim Bassinger starring. The number of times Kim Bassinger 'acting' is expected to touch her hair...I said to friends also present "I am going outside to wait for you, I will have a smoke. If I see her touch her hair again, I swear she has got lice!"
    (2) Flowers in the Attic with Louise Fletcher -(Gee, in her career - post One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - just how many dogs of movies , did she she truly actually ..finally get to make?)
    "Flowers" is such a silly preposterous film... yet I stayed the distance for one reason ...enjoying watching 95% of the rest of the present patrons get up & leave...while the rest of us (5%) turned it into an audience participation comedy...
    laughing continually at the ridiculous dialogue, and/or blowing up and 'popping' our lolly bags, just when the film wanted to be taken seriously.

The funniest questioning thought to have, while watching variouys clunker movies that were made......"Did people actually get out off bed early- during the period it took -to make these reputation-wrecking embarassments.? "

Last night I watched the Colin Farrell color -drained, badly altered p;ot remake of the now classic Arnie -"Total Recall". It represents itself as a example of the standards, to what 'Hollywood' has descended to. A 6 year old kid could have dreamed up a better video combat game to amuse himself, than this messed up continual 'CGI crash, bang, noise' remake.

18. Collector Man

Collector Man Well-Known Member

I am sure you are alluding to 'Goodbar's now notorious / very violent ending . Although visually shocking, it also contains a cautionary , commendable social warning. In real life - there are too many bizarre instances / examples of people who took a chance on the wrong 'intimate close encounter' and met similar consequences.
    Anyone who has 'ever fully travelled the waterfront, in their time' ....knows, one needs eyes in the back of your head, playing such "casual stranger" encounter games.

CaptainOzone likes this.
  19. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

There have been a few, but one that come to mind is the MGM musical Annie Get Your Gun. I'm a sucker for MGM musicals, but I have never been able to make it past the 15 minute mark both times I tried watching this one. How Betty Hutton had a career in Hollywood baffles me, as the bug-eyed mugging to the camera whenever Howard Keel is onscreen is downright repulsive. Definitely a shame that Judy Garland didn't get to finish this one.

20. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I walked out of Bedazzled (version with Brendan Fraser) because it seemed so repetitive and (I now suspect) reminded me of my own lousy luck with women around that time.

Movies on DVD that I never finished: Magnolia, Wings of Desire.

21. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

"Inland Empire" Honestly can't say it ever finished... and I own it.

ribors likes this.
  22. Ghostworld

I made it to about the ten minute mark.

23. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I had to watch the DVD of Borat in two parts because I was so embarrassed! :D

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

The Tree of Life

25. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Liquid Sky. It is supposed to be a classic but I was bored to tears

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.