"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Understood. I order quite a bit from wbshop.com and have only had one problem and that was a missing disc in a set and they quickly sent me the replacement disc. I went through several Friday the 13th sets from amazon and Best Buy trying to get one that wasn't beat to hell and finally ordered from wbshop.com and it was perfect. I had my amazon account closed but created a new and still have nothing but problems. I think it is because I am in Oklahoma so 99% of my orders are shipped from Coffeville, KS. In the rare instance when the order is shipped from another state I have never have a problem. Must be the warehouse.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

That they are sir, that they are. :)

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You and the others convinced me. I reordered from the WB Shop, and cancelled Amazon. Saved over $40. Thanks !

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Indubitably...

5. GlassOnion

GlassOnion Well-Known Member

does warner bros charge when you pre order or charge you when it ships?
    /

6. Myke

When it ships. They'll just do an authorization of the cost for now. This, and other answers are in their FAQs on site.

7. GlassOnion

GlassOnion Well-Known Member

Is amazon the same way,in that they authorize the cost?

8. Myke

No.

9. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

If you don't already have the "Holy Batmania!" DVD set, get it while you can! THIS will make a nice supplement to the series! "Adam West Naked", sold through Adam's own website, is a homemade video of Adam sharing his recollections of the series. Only two cameras, no footage from the episodes, but it is bound to be come a collector's item. With the actual series being released, I wonder if these two titles will remain available for long, so get them before they're gone!

10. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Besides the Batgirl pilot film, one other thing that ought to have been included is that 1970s PSA with Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig and Dick Gautier as Batman. (I saw this on TV in 1978 and I didn't know it wasn't Adam West until a few years later when a clip was shown on TV's Bloopers And Practical Jokes -- they used to have a segment showcasing old commercials -- and they had the actors' names superimposed.) IIRC, there was a 30 second and a 60 second version.

I have read that the next week's guest villain plugs will be included, as well as the "Batman In Color" intro logo. The only thing that concerns me as far as the shows themselves is the original 20th Century Fox logo. I really would like for it to be there, but what are the odds, especially since Warner is releasing it? I suppose we'll see.

11. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

this would have been a nice touch too :D

GlassOnion likes this.
  12. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

I have read that Holy Batmania is out of print. It does have great extras, including segments with cast members hosting a Batman marathon. I did notice though, that the segments including Yvonne Craig were left out. All that stuff circulates via "other means," including slates for each segment. I also have seen a long tape of Adam West saying "on Fox (name of channel)" to be used in promos -- and he just runs through every channel number on a TV set (at that time) -- "On Fox 2! On Fox 3!..." etc.

The Holy Batmania DVD has some cool stuff, including promos from both the ABC run and syndication. One or two of the syndication promos are ones I actually remember seeing back in the 1970s. They appear to have been "repurposed" from ABC promos but with the ABC references left out. In fact, I think in one or two cases, they included both versions. Also, some later promos produced on video for syndication but with 16mm series footage -- again, one of which I remember seeing in Chicago, with the voice-over announcer saying "Batman and Robin ride again!" Then in a clip Batman says, "Let's just hope we're not too late!"

Definitely worth picking up if you can find it!

A few years ago I also picked up one of those "Dollar DVDs" at Walgreens called "Bat Clips." I don't remember exactly everything that was on there, but I think it did include the Batgirl pilot and/or at least one version of the Equal Pay PSA.

Glad to see the series finally coming out.

Michelle66 likes this.
  13. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Came across mine and watch it from time to time. Glad I picked it up when I did.

14. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

There's a Season 1 standalone set that's bound to be more affordable (well under a third of the price of the deluxe set): http://amzn.to/1uCQm8r

15. modrevolve

So I read that there will also be a bare bones Blu Ray set of the three seasons without the fancy packaging. Its a really nice display the deluxe edition comes in but honestly I don't think I'd have the room for it. Do we know if this bare bones set will be available before the release date or are they waiting till afterwards? I'm keeping my order in just in case.

16. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I think Land of the Giants was as expensive and maybe even more expensive if you adjust the cost for inflation.

17. modrevolve

18. Myke

19. It's probable some kind of cheaper configuration will eventually get issued, but you might have to wait a couple of years in that case.

20. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

21. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Actually, region free according to the Amazon listing...

22. The specifications lists this as "all regions" encoded, meaning it will play on ALL blu-ray players...

23. Myke

Fun Fact : A 19 year-old Rob Reiner played a delivery boy, in Season 2, episode 39, " The Penguin Declines." :laugh:

I was just looking at Rob's IMDB sheet, and...

24. WerewolfLondon

WerewolfLondon Forum Resident

And the set includes a Hot Wheels Batmobile. Cool!

25. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.