Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2014 to include 2nd disc of bonus material (Pt6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I see Robert Plant's set list at the Glastonbury Festival 2014 was eleven songs, six of which were LZ tracks. It seems that he's tried to distance himself from LZ ever since the 2007 reunion gig, but is still happy to play LZ songs in his solo performances. He knows he has to because he knows that what the audience and fans want.

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Agreed and better yet, take it to a different thread.

violetvinyl and guidedbyvoices like this.
  3. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

He consistently distances himself from the baggage of being IN zeppelin today. Why shouldn't he play the songs with a band of guys he picks?

4. It was discussed in this thread a few days ago, when Robert Plant did a solo gig in Cologne, Germany where he made a comment which made it sound as if he was putting a downer of the new LZ reissues, but was happy enough to play LZ songs.

5. It was discussed in this thread a few days ago, when Robert Plant did a solo gig in Cologne, Germany where he made a comment which made it sound as if he was putting a downer of the new LZ reissues, but was happy enough to play LZ songs.

6. It wasn't an excuse, it was because Plant made a comment that seemed to suggest he didn't care much for the new remasters at a solo performance in Germany last week, although he's happy enough to play LZ tracks in his solo performances. I was just reminding people that he has done just the same today (or yesterday) at the Glastonbury Festival 2014.

Check post #321 in this thread, and whilst you're at it, get down off your high horse.

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Lets take it down a notch or two shall we folks?
    Thanks.

8. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Reckless Records here in Chicagoland were giving away prints when you bought them. I was wondering if anyone saw these prints and if so were they something
    more specific than the album art, was it a cheapo poster, or was it more like a concert litho? They did this for the first three so far, but i wasnt able to score one.
    Anyone know anything about this, or seen them at their local stores? The same thing happened when Clutch released Earth Rocker. BTW, Reckless Records rules. Anyone coming to Chicagoland to seek out Vinyl should always consider Reckless Records.

mistercleen likes this.
  9. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

10. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

11. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

October 28

12. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Led Zeppelin IV & Houses Of The Holy out October 28 in the US

13. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

Liking the 'cold' alternative cover for the companion disc of HOTH. Shame RS didn't show us IV too....but I'm sure we will see it very soon.

14. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

15. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

So I guess that means they settled the Stairway suit?

16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

17. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

18. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Pre-ordered. Thanks!

19. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

From where?

20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Amazon.com! :) $20 for each 2-CD set.

They also have the super deluxe editions listed as well.

21. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

22. Phan71

Phan71 Forum Resident

Wow. I'm really disappointed in the companion audio for IV and HOTH. Only alternate mixes/versions and no new tracks whatsoever? :shake:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    J_D__ likes this.
  23. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

Hmm. This is cool, but I'm starting to think there was something to all those years of the LZ guys saying "there really isn't much left in the vaults." Just rough/alternate mixes? No live tracks (like Southampton '73)? I guess the leftovers really did end up on PG and Coda.

mooseman likes this.
  24. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

At least this answers the question, "What's on the second disc?"

qtrules and dee like this.
  25. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

I'm quite happy with the companion audio given that the revelation for me on I, II and III was the Hi-Res audio of the original albums; I've never heard them sound better! I think that the companion audio treats will really come with PG and Presence.........

J_D__ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.