The GASLIGHT ANTHEM: "GET HURT" for August 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rupe33, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member Thread Starter

2. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Great news! This and the Jesse Malin album are my two most anticipated releases of the year.

3. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

Awesome!! Can't wait, after the fiasco of their live DVD which left a sour taste in my mouth...
    These guys are probably my favourite recent band...

Rocketdog likes this.
  4. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Excellent.
    I liked their first couple of LP's. Have yet to get the B-Sides though.

5. Rupe33

6. mep

mep Forum Resident

Great news! But new releases are getting more and more expensive for me. Now I had to order the album from Infinite and also from this universal page too, to get all the stuff i wanted. For a total amount of almost 100€. But who am I do resist against signed copies and fancy col. vinyl pressings... ;)

7. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Great band...

8. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

Agreed, the DVD was a disapointment. Terrible camera work, and the performance, while sounding good, was too short, and lacked any kind of true live vibe. It seemed more like a "staged" event, than an actual live one. Glad I got it as a Christmas gift, as I would have been even more disappointed if I'd bought it.

Very excited for the new album, though. Like you, they are my favorite new band to come out of the last decade (or so).

9. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Not crazy about the artwork, but anticipating the album.

10. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

Like the new single, looking forward to this release. I'm reluctant to order the colored vinyl for fear of surface noise / pressing issues... But it's a must buy for me... I'm a big fan.

11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Always looking forward to new stuff from these guys.

Of course, they're playing Nashville the night I already have tickets to see Erasure. :realmad: (and yes, I'm aware I'm probably the only human alive who has this exact musical conflict)

12. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Here's the Amazon blurb about the new album. The release date is now listed as August 12th.

13. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

Another for the 'Wish List", thanks.

14. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

There is a deluxe CD edition listed, which I assume has the same 3 extra tracks as the 2 LP set.

1. Stay Vicious
    2. 1,000 Years
    3. Get Hurt
    4. Stray Paper
    5. Helter Skeleton
    6. Underneath the Ground
    7. Rollin' and Tumblin'
    8. Red Violins
    9. Selected Poems
    10. Ain't That a Shame
    11. Break Your Heart
    12. Dark Places
    13. Sweet Morphine
    14. Mama's Boys
    15. Halloween

15. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Already ordred, hopefully maintain the run of great albums from them.

Philip

16. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Just got the advance last night. Haven't listened yet but will this week and post back.

17. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

18. Rupe33

And I'll note the deluxe vinyl's release date is not until September 9; while the splatter vinyl is still showing August 12.

19. Rupe33

Spotify has been doing something called The Drop that's previewing content slowly in the run-up to release date:
    http://spotify-thedrop.com/

20. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

`American Slang' was close to being perfect......but the last studio CD I was disappointed
    in. Having said that, looking forward to this one!

21. Rupe33

22. Popmarter

Popmarter Forum Resident

I have just listened to a bit of this album and i am again dissapointed as it comes to soundquality. What is it with this band?.....they have so much potential but stuff on cd is just crap.

Sink or swimm has a nice DR13, but the rest is DR5, DR6, DR7 and this new one has DR9 (Deluxe CD).

I have seen them live once and the sound was crap too... nice show...but.....should I just give up on this band? Or listen through my smartphone only?

23. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

If you're looking to pick up all the bonus tracks, the Best Buy edition has a total of 16 tracks, with one additional track not on the Amazon deluxe addition. It includes "Sweet Morphine," "Mama's Boys" and "Halloween" from the DE, but also has "This Is Where We Part." Are there any other bonus tracks out there?

24. Rupe33

#irritated

Bought the deluxe vinyl... which won't be available for another month (but they did send the download along). The Deluxe vinyl download did not include This Is Where We Part (which is from the fan club 7" that included their cover of Tom Waits' Anywhere I Lay My Head).

The iTunes deluxe version has a bonus track called Have Mercy.

Carserguev likes this.
  25. Carserguev

Carserguev Forum Resident

I hate this stupid exclusive tracks bullsh*t. Way to reward faithful followers. **** them. And I LOVE this band! :cussing:

jconsolmagno likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.