Anyone watch Sharknado ?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Wait. I thought Tara played the ex-wife, not the younger employee with the backstory about the shark bite.

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Profound and insightful comments.

3. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Did anyone go to one of the midnight screenings in theaters last night? I thought it would be great to see it in a theater full of people, but the nearest showing was 50 miles away, so I didn't think it would be that much fun.

Public radio's Marketplace did a piece on it yesterday, including an interview with director Anthony C. Ferrante.

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

The sequel to instant cult and social media hit "Sharknado" will be named "Sharknado 2: The Second One," Syfy confirmed to TheWrap.

Thurenity likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That is such a perfect title. I love it.

6. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

I just watched this on Blu Ray last night. Funny and watchable. Not as great as Showgirls

7. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

The thing about this "instant cult classic" is that I doubt it will be looked at in 10, 20 or even 30 years as a cult classic. Some movies are so bad that they are good. This isn't one of them.

8. SonOfAlerik

No. He just had one on the phone. Then the call was mysteriously lost.

9. I love killer shark movies but have not seen this yet. Eventually I will but to be honest, I'm pretty sick of these purposefully bad shark movies.

Remember when JAWS actually scared people?
    Now we have garbage like SHARK ATTACK 3: MEGALODON, SHARK HUNTER, SHARK ZONE, RAGING SHARKS, SHARKS IN VENICE and of course, SHARKNADO.

I'm waiting for a shark movie with real scares.

I know a lot of people enjoy these movies because the movies are so dumb but watching this stuff makes me feel like the filmmakers are saying I'm dumb for watching.

Shark movie reviews here: http://www.thissideofthetracks.ca/#!Shark Films/c145m

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

11. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

This movie is on TV tonight here in Sydney. Only 2 weeks after a lady was gobbled up by a shark swimming at a NSW beach....looks like commercial networks in Australia smell ratings :(

12. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Having said that, I'll be watching! :eek:

13. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

20 years from now all of these SciFi channel 'B' movies will be celebrated. :agree: Some of them are well acted despite the plot and poor CGI renderings.

14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I tried to watch it this weekend, but just couldn't get into it. I'm a big fan of bad movies, but not intentionally bad movies.

Maybe if I down a six pack before, I might be more receptive.

15. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Maybe they'll c
    I think that it would take LDS to suspend my disbelief! ;)

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I think that would just make it worse. I'm in a legal marijuana state, and even that wouldn't make me watch it again.

I'm sorry, but the charm about bad films is that the filmmakers were trying to do the best they could with the actors, sets, and money that they had. Sharknado was just dumb.

17. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Anyone watching the shark-fest on Syfy last night and today? The movies are pretty bad, but they have their humorous / stupid moments. Tonight they are showing something called the 15 best shark bites.....or something like that.

Evidently they have made a second Sharknado movie that will be shown this coming Wednesday evening. The commercials/previews look pretty funny. "Go shark yourself." :laugh:

18. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I'm looking forward to 'Snarknado 2: The Second One" this Wednesday. Should be good summer viewing.

19. SonOfAlerik

Yes. Filmed, edited and did the CGI for it last weekend.

20. redsmith7887

redsmith7887 Forum Resident

I watched it at a friend's place Saturday night. It was horrible. So bad it was good? Maybe. It's not something I tend to buy into - I don't tend to like wasting time watching crap but this was on another level (I guess). I dug all of the Jaws references. I'll never need to see it again though.

21. SonOfAlerik

When a movie is made to be bad it is rarely good because it's so bad. (Does that make sense?) LOL

I only enjoyed seeing it again when we saw it live with Riff Trax. That was funny. They even mentioned the Jaws references as "Thanks for reminding us of a MUCH better movie!" Hillarious.

22. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

OK - be honest.....who watched Sharnado 2 last night?

I did. It was pretty good for what it was. A goofy movie with lame lines and a lot of scenes with sharks biting the heads off people.

It was also fun to play "spot the celebrity" in their cameo roles.

23. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I watched about 15 minutes. In that 15 minutes, I thought Kari Wuhrer had just been attacked and her face mutilated by a shark attack. Once I realized it was just the plastic surgery she's had over the years, I became TRULY terrified, and had to turn it off.

jon9091, John Moschella and rburly like this.
  24. I watched a bit of it. I kept wondering if the actors all burst out laughing every time the director said "cut". I don't know how they could keep a straight face while surrounded by such nonsense. A few of the shark killings were creative, too bad the CGI is so crappy. I guess that's intentional, too.

25. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.