McCartney Album "NEW" (2013), part21

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Really this is nothing for those old enough to have lived through the stressful event of the man releasing an album only in Russia :)

2. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I only bought that one twice.

3. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And even THAT one had an 11-track version and then a 13-track version!

EDIT: And then, of course, when issued in the West, a 14-track version!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    theMess and She is anyway like this.
  4. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I cheated -- I bought a counterfeit (a very nice one) at Beatlefest!

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I should check my copy of that Russian one to see if it's genuine, but I've liked thinking it is for the past 25 years and don't want to bust my own bubble at this point.

6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Driver, it's the MPL police. Pull over and exit the car slowly. Walk backwards to the sound of my voice. It's a violation in the McCartney municipality in which you live to sell, purchase, listen to , or admit owning illicitly produced McCartney goods. You have the right to have an attorney present,etc.etc.....:D

The last people I pulled over for this violation were sentenced to a lifetime of only being able to listen to "Freedom" and "The Man" from the entire McCartney catalog. Tough justice.

7. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Mine was about ten bucks and in a pile of bootlegs but I can pretend it was legit.

theMess likes this.
  8. Glenn Christense

Ya know, it's been so long I can't remember if my copy is legit or not. I'll have to check when I get home.
    I believe the first song on my copy is that old standard, "Ode To a Koala Bear" , so it's probably legit, right ? :angel:

9. Sean Murdock

Fortunately, I have a secret inexplicable fondness for "The Man" ... those "Freedom" days are going to be tough, though... :shake:

10. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

And don't forget the 12-track version (most likely pressed in error but definitely exists).

theMess likes this.
  11. Glenn Christense

Well yes, I know how you love to moonwalk to "The Man" so I made sure it would be part of your plea bargain. What I DIDN'T mention is... the version of "Freedom" you are allowed to listen to is the extended 45 minute "Brainwashed" mix that our friend Ron made at home, where he mixed in his own yodeling vocal parts... the yodeling Ron insists really " take a sad song, and make it better.":rolleyes: :D

theMess likes this.
  12. Sean Murdock

Wow. The mind boggles...

theMess likes this.
  13. Glenn Christense

:laugh: :wave:

theMess likes this.
  14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Of course one can get p-d of when recordcompanies sells the same thing over and over again. But noone actually force sus to buy the stuff so we are not victims really

15. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I remember seeing copies at fairs for upwards of £60. I just couldn't afford that. I recall being utterly stunned one day when, having finally joined the Wings Fun Club several years later, I was looking through the back issues list and seeing one of the copies listed as "special edition including a copy of the Russian Album" or somesuch. I couldn't believe my eyes. The price was only something like £5 or £10 so, of course, I ordered a copy post haste and, lo and behold, there it was.

theMess likes this.
  16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And now we have a listing at Best Buy. Like the other, later, listings, this does NOT say it's a 3disc set, but does say cd/dvd/book.

When I saw one of those worthless emails from pm.com in my inbox this morning, I was sure it would have mention of what this set was, but ... nope. The mystery continues...

She is anyway likes this.
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

So all of the links cannot decide on exactly is included in this NEW set: It might be 3 discs, or it might not; it might be 2 CDs/1 DVD, or it might be 1 CD/2 DVDs; it might have a book (as opposed to a booklet), or it might not; it might be the Special Japanese tour edition, or it might not; it might have extra exclusive content, or it might not. Etc. Etc.

Whatever it is, it is quite mysterious for such a relatively undistinguished release.

Arnie

theMess likes this.
  18. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

I think this is a rather poor marketing strategy-

I'd be fine if he wanted to offer us NEW in a 1 CD, 2CD or 3CD super-deluxe package originally - I'd totally be into that-
    but I can't justify buying it again for 1-2 extra tracks I could download individually

Frank likes this.
  19. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

As much as it pains me, I ordered this on Amazon this morning. Addictions are a terrible thing. All in the hopes that we get at least one new song. I assume we will have more details before August 25th (and that may be a super bad assumption!), but I can always return it.

BeatleStair likes this.
  20. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I have so many copies of this album, including the "Japan Tour Edition, I think I'll wait for more details. And probably end up buying another copy.:help:

BeatleStair likes this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Except a lot of people really are willing to buy it again, even for miniscule additions. And the record companies prey on that. But I'm with you here. I'll download any new songs (via iTunes, Amazon, or wherever).

22. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

23. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

And just underneath the "sign up" announcement there's a date of December 31, 2020. Obviously a tie-in to the second Lewisohn tomb.;)

somebodywhocares and theMess like this.
  24. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

25. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Tord, theMess and heatherly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.