Iron Maiden upcoming vinyl reissues.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimhb, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Are you working on shipping to Canada?

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Agreed the S/T picture disk is excellent, I was hoping for more of the same with Killers and # but it turned into the opposite and killed my interest in the rest of the series.

3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it is truly bizarre that they did picture discs in normal vinyl sleeves. are maiden fans really not interested in quality vinyl or something? i get that a huge part of the experience is their artwork, but c'mon.

4. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

No, they really aren't. Most metal fans are object/artifact fetishists; they neither know or care one flip about what's in the grooves (you know, the actual function of said artifact..)

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. Daddydave

Daddydave New Member

I still see new unopened picture discs in stores. I want quality vinyl to play. Only a few albums I am missing, that I want. I might pick up the picture discs if they droped to something like $10, but that's not gonna happen so PASS!.

6. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any news on these?

7. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Well-Known Member

Nothing yet, sorry.

8. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I have clean black vinyl copies of the first 8 albums so this doeant interest me. The 7" yeah maybe.

9. vlds8

vlds8 Forum Resident

I am a Maiden fan, and I couldn't care less about the object/artifact. I do care about the sound, so I seek out original pressings.

The picture disc reissues were not worth it IMO. I bought two and sold them due to sub-par sound quality.

Brudy and Szeppelin75 like this.
  10. marcelbr

marcelbr Forum Resident

If only they sounded like the UK Fame pressings... oh, boy.

11. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

Hello all.
    Part of the family too...
    I've found a sealed copy of Brave new world (2xPDs, 2000) and just ordered Iron Maiden from Amazon Italy. I initially thought to get 7th son, but I changed my mind, as I love the debut album. Too bad that Sanctuary isn't there (I know, it shouldn't be).

Unfortunately, I'm leaving for vacation in 2 days and I won't be able to play them till September.

12. Szeppelin75

I just hate that they did all recent albums and the reissues into Picture Discs. I have the three LP compilation 1990-2010 and while it doesn't sound "bad", it lacks in range and it's mastered so low you really have to crank it. Could have been done better. So let's hope this new reissues are done properly.

13. wkcchampion

I'll tell you next month.
    What's wrong with pics discs? I have Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster and sounds perfect, no noise and great dynamics. I have it ripped digitally on Dropxbox, if you like.

14. Szeppelin75

The few ones i've Heard are not earth shattering, i mean the Maiden one (1990-2010) sounds good, no noise, but it is very low, and it lacks some punch for me.

15. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

Really? Because of how they are manufactured, they are riddled with noise, often off-center, etc. I have had the Maiden Dance of Death (one of the worst offenders ever - an utter ****ing piece of ****) and Final Frontier - better, decent mastering, still lots of noise.
    The grooves are not stamped on actual vinyl. There is a video in this thread I think about picture disc manufacturing. Picture discs are a cash grab, an appeal to the object fetishists only.

16. wkcchampion

We'll see! I'm optimistic. I only got one, so, in case of bad experience, I won't get the rest...

17. marcelbr

marcelbr Forum Resident

18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.