Anyone watch Sharknado ?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Almost every actress in S2 was a walking billboard advertising bad plastic surgery.

2. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Goofy summer fun delivered with a wink that lasted about a half-hour too long.

3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I have it on my TiVo and will probably watch it (mostly in fast forward, if it's like the first one) this coming weekend.

4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

They are reshowing it a couple of times this weekend.

5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I can't help but think Ian Zeiring is secretly bitter that he will better remembered for this than anything else he's done., including 90210.

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I meant I already have it recorded and waiting for viewing on my TiVo dvr.

7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

OMG. I just started watching this after work tonight and had to shut it off after 12 minutes (just when the opening credits started). Not because it's so bad but because it's so bad it's great (well, so far anyway). I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in years. This far exceeds the original Sharknado which, even at its best, was only mildly amusing. As soon as the first shark hit the plane in this sequel, it was nonstop ridiculous writing, acting, special effects -- everything is so ridiculous that I was laughing so hard I cried. I honestly couldn't take any more right now.

draftingmonkey likes this.
  8. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey Deranged Mutant

I loved the spoofing of other films/shows that was happening. Made popcorn and spent the evening laughing my bottom off. Really have been enjoying Shark Week on SyFy and am looking forward to Sharktopus vs Pteracuda on Saturday. I personally get a kick out of the hairball sci-fi movies when they are on. Always cheer for the monster/alien/mother nature to win but am always disappointed LOL.

9. rockclassics

I may actually watch it again. This is one of those movies that if you don't listen and watch closely, you will miss some of the references, jokes, etc.

This movie actually has the potential of becoming a cult favorite - if it hasn't already.

singergirl29 likes this.
  10. rjp

rjp Senior Member

"2" was just good as "1".

11. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

This was put together much better than the first one. While watching the lengthy opening,
    I knew where this was headed when Robert Hays was the pilot of the airliner and he said
    "Check engine #2.....it's running a little hot". This was first class satire, and it was a hoot.
    What's REALLY funny is that he did a commercial recently (with Kareem Jabbar)
    here in Wisconsin promoting the state's tourism and he and Kareem did the same
    cockpit routine ("And don't call me Shirley") as in "Airplane" (they even had the inflatable
    co-pilot), although I realize Leslie Nielson said it originally in the film.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  12. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I think I'll try to catch it on Sat.

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

just picked this up on DVD used for a buck...looking forward to watching it.`

14. rockclassics

Yesterday I watched Sharknado and Sharknado 2. I actually think the second movie is better than the first one. It seems they were trying to make a semi-serious movie for the first one (if there is a way to make a serious movie given the premise). Then for the second one they said "screw it" and did a parody type movie by mixing in various cameo actors and borrowing from other movies - Airplane, Twilight Zone, etc.

They also ran an ad saying Sharknado 3 will be out in 2015. It looks like they are going to milk this for all they can.

15. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I finished watching Sharknado 2 yesterday. I still watched some of the slower moving parts in fast forward, so I may have missed some good stuff. The first 12 minutes was genius, though, as were the last 10-15 minutes. I haven't laughed that hard in years.

rockclassics likes this.
  16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Sharknado we watched this last night...fun!

17. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

Missed it first time around but got 1 and 2 on the DVR last night, I think we may watch the first this evening after dinner.

18. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I think he's secretly laughing all the way to the bank! It's not like Sharknado (1 and 2) are any more cheesy than Beverly Hills 90210 was.

tkl7 likes this.
  19. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Oh come on, It's not like we would remember him for his portrayal of MacBeth, if not for his role in Sharknado.

20. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Sharnado was his big comeback. Outside of "made for SyFy movies" I doubt he has much of a career left.

21. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Quite frankly, I did not know that he did anything between 90210 and Sharknado.

22. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I thought it was stupid, but also very smart, like the Twilight Zone reference
    early on. Plus Jared, munching a sub. Andy Dick. How can you go wrong? As somebody posted, great summertime fare.

23. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

So bad it was awesome! Freaking hilarious!

Getting chased by a ferris wheel in Sharnado, and then again by the Statue of Liberty head in Sharknado 2, were two favorite moments among many!

24. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Sharknado 2 was released this week on DVD/blu. Curious if the commentary is entertaining in it's own right, intentionally or not.

Specs have yet to be revealed, but supplements will include: The Making of Sharknado 2; Deleted Scenes (Shark Chum: From the Cutting Room Floor); Gag Reel; Cameos Spotlight; Directors Commentary with Ian Ziering & Tara Reid; and two Blu-ray exclusives -- VFX Special Feature - The evolution of the SharknadoVFX; and Filmmakers' Commentary.

25. singergirl29

singergirl29 New Member

I saw the first Sharknado and I personally loved it. I was laughing so hard I about peed myself. Especially when a shark landed on a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.