Meddle Experience & Immersion Editions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

2. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Stop teasing me please. :thumbsup:

3. ZoSo794

ZoSo794 Forum Resident

The real question is why haven't they released all the albums in 24/96 download on the pf web site. They could easily make 25$ a pop.

4. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

One of my favorite Floyd albums, I love cranking those first two songs!

5. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Agreed! I'm a huge fan and have all of the King Crimson and Porcupine Tree releases. :righton:

7. hutchy

hutchy Forum Resident

+1

8. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I want some meat and if the sheep tastes even a little like the steak, I'm going to go with the sheep.

9. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I have the "Echoes" 1974 Earls Court version as mentioned before in absolutely pristine (preFM)quality on vinyl.

So I believe that one will be used on a forthcoming Meddle Immersion box as it is officially unreleased.

I also read here (or somewhere else) that three(or even four) new immersion boxes are currently prepared:

a)Meddle
    b)Animals
    c)The Early Years

There is also talk of a comprehensive DVD Anthology("History of Pink Floyd") plus of a "Live" Box!

Exciting and expensive times for Floyd fans!

10. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Why is it that the times always seem more exciting before the product is actually announced and more expensive afterwards? :realmad:

11. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

Didn't buy any of the other sets but if this happens I'm in.

12. Puonti

Puonti New Member

13. supernaut

supernaut Forum Resident

Well, as Ian Gillan said: "It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase"
    It would be great to hear an immersion or experience edition of Meddle though - PF's best album

14. van1

van1 Forum Resident

The interviews with Andy Jackson on the quadraphonic forum also included this...

Hello once more, Andy. I've got another question, back to the times of the Immersion sets: what happened with Wembley 74 Echoes? Did you also restored its audio? It's a pity it wasn't included in any of the boxsets. Thanks!

Indeed, echoes was the encore in that show. There was going to be a Meddle box set, or something similar, but the record company didn't want to go with it. Might happen at a later date. I haven't heard it. Well strictly I have, I was at that show as a paying member of the audience oddly enough!

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/for...Jackson-about-the-Mastering-and-the-Mix/page3

So it looks like there was some discussion of a 'Meddle' immersion set. In addition to 4.0 or 5.1 mixes, i would have liked to see 'Obscured by clouds' included as i don't think t would get its own immersion set. Meddle and OBC both set up DSOTM so i think something would be missing if the album before DSOTM wasn't acknowledged. I still think its a great album (although PF may disagree), which just goes to show what the band could do in a few weeks without the pressure of doing a 'proper' album.

15. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

At this point, I've pretty much given up hope on getting any additional archival releases from Pink Floyd's late 60's/early 70's period. The focus of their energies now appears to be exclusively on the Dave Floyd years.

16. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

A quad mix exists for both Meddle and Obscured since in early '73 the Harvest label remixed their catalog in quad. So that should include Ummagumma as well since Floyd were the biggest artists on the label. For more info, check the booklet about the quad mix in the first ELO album.

17. Rockinrob

Rockinrob Forum Resident

My heart rate went up at the sight of this thread title. I excitedly opened it thinking, "crap, I'm buying beatles mono, the zep boxes, the neil young reissues and running out of dough, but I will make this happen for my two favorite Floyd albums."

And then I see the date of the op. And then I think "maybe the idea is alive again"

Now I am sad...

Rooster_Ties and Big Pasi like this.
  18. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Yep, the whole catalogue in 5.1 should be freaking priority #1 after the new album

rd1 and pscreed like this.
  19. watsy1958

watsy1958 Forum Resident

I'm glade to hear that Pink Floyd had a quake mix of Meddle because I picked up a copy of Meddle and I played it on 5.1 system and I swear I heard some mixing going on but I was afraid to admit it thinking people would just think I was making it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.