Blowitoutahere.com

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by spanky1, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

In the interest of fairness, I must post about my most recent experience with Blowitoutahere.com. A few months ago, I posted about the speedy delivery of the Ray Charles ABC singles box set. I pre-ordered it, and got it the day it arrived. The packaging was non-existent, but there was no damage. I live one state away from the Kentucky distribution center, so it wasn't in the mail system for too long.

I recently pre-ordered a cd from them, and eventually got a shipping notice. It's been well over a week now, and still no cd. Also, there are no replies to my inquiries.

In spite of all this, my biggest gripe is dealing with these type of places where you can't find a phone number to contact them.

I guess I should just shop with Amazon, because they have never failed to deliver and they have a phone number. Sometimes saving a dollar or 2 just isn't worth it.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  2. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I ordered a few boxsets from Blowitoutahere and they all arrived well packaged within about a week after they were shipped.

3. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

I must have been lucky in so much as I haven't had any problems with them.

4. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Packaging has always been really bad from them. Lots of cracked cases and all. I prefer to order from them through amazon in case I have a problem.

5. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wow, I just noticed a stupid mistake on my original post. I should have said that I got it on the day it was RELEASED...not on the day it arrived. Although I did get it the day it arrived.

6. avalanche

avalanche Forum Resident

I've had good luck with small orders (1-3 discs) and packaging. Recently I placed and received an order with 18 discs, and they all showed up in a large, dented box with no padding whatsoever inside. Four of the case hubs were completely broken. However, they've been quick to replace or refund, which is nice.

7. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

I ordered the Moody Blues "Every Good Boy Deserves a Favour" Hybrid SACD from them about a month ago. The first one wouldn't play on either layer, in any player I tried. I contacted them, they got back to me about a week later with return instructions and sent me a new disc. Same issue with the second disc. I then read a bunch of reviews on Amazon where people were having issues with this disc. I asked for a refund. It's been weeks now and I'm still getting the run around. I don't think I'll ever order anything from them again. Bush league players with sub-par customer service. AVOID!

8. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you want customer service, you bought from the wrong retailer. They are great for price. They are not great for customer service. That's the tradeoff.

9. That disc has a well-known problem with many copies. It's not the retailer's fault that much of the first pressing was defective.

10. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

One thing I've noticed about this seller are slower shipping times.

In the past, living in WV, I've gotten CDs from their Kentucky headquarters in 1-2 business days. Now that number is generally to 3-5 days, which takes away a lot of the appeal for me. I also don't like how many of their items are available on Amazon but not eBay.

11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

My Super Duper Alice Cooper box just arrived, packed very well, and sturdy !!! Since I chose them for having the lowest price, this was icing on the cake.
    Now my numbered, limited edition can remain in pristine condition.

12. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I grabbed one today with the 15 percent off Fathers Day code for $43.42 as well.
    What a deal!!

Myke likes this.
  13. Myke

What's the code ?

14. Myke

Got the code, and 3 Blu rays with 15% off. Very happy.

15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Just in case someone else may want to use the code it is FATHERSDAY2014.

From their Facebook page:

For our fans - Father's celebrate these BIG savings for Father's Day!! Save 15% on orders $25 or more with code FATHERSDAY2014 (Valid on http://www.blowitoutahere.com/ 6/11/14- 6/17/14). Share with family and friends.

PROMO CODE FATHERSDAY2014 - Ends 6/17/14 @11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

Campbell Saddler likes this.
  16. Myke

Bumping for 15% off. With their already low prices, this is extra icing !

17. eelkiller

What is their procedure for back orders? Do they cancel orders if stock is not replenished after one month like Import CDs?

18. Myke

I get the impression they'll keep trying.
    I'm basing this on the many e mails I have gotten from them, wherein they confuse my pre orders with backorders.
    The intent of the e mails are to reassure me my toys are coming...just hang in there with us. :laugh:
    Of course the e mails stop, once they ship.

19. eelkiller

I should have looked at their web site more closely. Out of stock items - refund issued if item not filled within 10 business days (2 weeks I assume).
    I will try them out using this coupon via Paypal.

20. Myke

Then their software does know the difference between a pre order, and a backorder. Guess they just got the terminology wrong when they set it up.

Of no consequence, since their prices are low, the shipping is fast, and my toys are packed properly when they arrive.

21. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

They are fine until there's a problem. They sent one of my orders to the wrong address and instead of fixing their mistake, they told me they would have to wait until it was returned to them until anything could be done about it. Of course, the items never made it back to them. I ended up having to make a claim through paypal.

22. Myke

After all my positive dealings with them, today's arrival gives me pause.
    My pre ordered copy of The Big Chill, Criterion Collection, arrived in that damn gray bag ?!?
    The very bag that drove me away from MovieMars forever, and separated me from Deep Discount for years, (until I read their packing had improved) ?
    No, there was no damage, but that's no thanks to them of course, that's thanks to the USPS.
    I haven't removed them from my list of retailers yet, but now I'm considering it.

Come to think of it, I have removed them. I've never really been comfortable with the site lacking the ability to look up orders, etc. Too much competition out there to stick with a retailer I'm no longer comfortable with.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  23. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I ordered The Beatles 'In Mono' vinyl box from them, and got a really good price ($240) as discussed in the 'Price Tracker' thread. However, I have to admit I'm really nervous about it. Although I'm fairly confident that I'll receive the box set from them, the condition of the item once it arrives (and the process of getting an exchange/refund if necessary) is a major concern. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Myke likes this.
  24. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

I use Kmart as Blowitoutahere's store front. That way I can use Kmart/Sear points and payment methods.

25. danner

danner Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm nervous about my order too. Seems like the kind of item that could easily get beat up in the mail. I still have my original order with Bullmoose active. My order with Blowitoutahere is about $120 cheaper, so I guess it's worth the gamble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.