Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mark, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

£ 38 for that box is still a nice deal!

It's $ 80 on Amazon.com, €63 on Amazon Spain and €72 on Amazon France. Less than €40 on Amazon.it

imarcq likes this.
  2. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Price dropped by 10 Pounds…If you've been wanting this box set I'd say the price is now certainly right!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

3. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

I'm listening to it now (Beethoven). Sound quality is outstanding in this remaster.

PH416156 and imarcq like this.
  4. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

That's good to hear. This is now £53 so a great bargain spotted by Marcel. Mine worked out at £19 as I don't pay the VAT. Did yours just arrive today, or did you already have this set? If so lucky you. Mine says it won't ship for 6-10 days. That's OK though. I'm just impatient ;)

PH416156 likes this.
  5. Manelus

Manelus Forum Resident

I purchased at Amazon.it on July 26th. It arrived today (despite the 4-6 weeks warning).

6. imarcq

Cool. So that was last Sunday. I didn't order until Weds. I did contact Amazon to ask when it would ship and they were very helpful. They have upgraded my shipping so it arrives quicker. Result!

7. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Miles Davis' Mono Recordings: £ 32 ( a legit Sony reissue )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ESEYE60

It's $ 83 on Amazon.com but you can find it under $50 on the marketplace, so I guess this is a "good" deal mainly for Euro customers.

It's a 9 CD box.

8. Arjan

Arjan Senior Member

PH416156 likes this.
  9. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I wavered for the past hour, wondering why I really want this given that I have a few of their albums on cd, a few SACDs, and the box set. In the end, the price of around US$2.10 per disc after shipping from the UK website made me pull the trigger. I haven't even actually heard all of these albums before, so at least this purchase doesn't fall into the category of "how many versions of this same title am I willing to buy?" with respect to all of the albums in the box.

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Wow. $33.82 delivered to the U.S. from amazon.co.uk. It is $97.39 on amazon.com.

11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

What did your shipping originally say imarcq? Mine says "dispatching now" but said the same thing for the past few days and I ordered on Tues of last week.

12. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

That is an amazing deal, the lack of the bonus material is the only negative I can see and considering the price it is very minor.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

And some padding, in that it includes both the original best of as well as another compilation...But again, at the price, if you are a EWF fan, it's a deal.

14. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

imarcq likes this.
  15. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

imarcq and PhantomStranger like this.
  16. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

17. There are no bonus tracks but I can easily recommend it. Very consistent masterings and decent quality sleeve reproductions.

18. imarcq

Yes me too. It's a very nice sounding set.

Campbell Saddler likes this.
  19. imarcq

That's a good price for Joni. Some of them are the HDCD. I can't remember which ones though! Plus you need a magnifying glass to read the print. But I have them all on vinyl so need no optical assistance in that respect! ;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  20. imarcq

Mine still says "Not yet dispatched" The price is now £55 BUT it now says 6-11 days to ship from order. I have an estimated delivery date of 9-15 August. They bumped deliverey up as I'm going to London (It's Kate-Mass!) and was worried it would arrive after I left. I'm still hopeful it will make it! Mark ;)

21. imarcq

I grabbed this too. Thanks for posting! :) Worked out at £20 after VAT inclusive ship to Oz!

22. imarcq

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE STOP POSTING CHEAP BOX SETS AS I HAVE NO MORE MONEY LEFT NOW!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

THANKS!

Campbell Saddler and aoxomoxoa like this.
  23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Welcome to my world!!

Campbell Saddler and imarcq like this.
  24. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Is it a pressing issue? :laugh:

imarcq likes this.
  25. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

You could always jump into the Great Barrier Reef and let nature take its course................or just watch Sharknado and imagine you're Ian Ziering ;)

imarcq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.