Sony Legacy Pop Market (Pt 5)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

How's that price? Couldn't you find them for around $30 each on the open market or am I mistaken?

2. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

"Museum-like worth of the record's existence"

:biglaugh:

imarcq and hvbias like this.
  3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

They must be dinosaurs lol ;)

4. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Talking about records like they're artifacts is just wrong. In addition, those records, while ok, don't deserve the helping of pretense that the writer of that passage was trying to heap on them. While Alan Bates was a well-respected guy in jazz circles, that label and those recordings are so uniquely "low budget" when compared to labels that were actually churning out masterpieces in the 50s and 60s, it's not even funny. They're obviously trying to sell a bill of goods to vinyl fetishists.

5. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

On top of Popmarket's funny description it's a really bizarre collection of music. Every album is at 33 rpm and 45 rpm, what's the point? I am not too surprised these aren't selling, I've seen them go on sale at various retailers.

Put another way amongst 18 sides of music there are only a total of 13 unique songs, you can hear "Don't Explain It To Me Baby" 8 times in the same set :wtf:

6. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I don't think that's Pop Market's description. It's just more phony advertising penned by the manufacturer to sucker people into buying. If you think about it, it's pretty dang insulting. As I stated earlier, the Black Lion stuff has always been kind of dodgy, with all the assignments of albums to the non-leaders who are more popular than the obscure leaders and such. From that perspective, this is a really strange choice of music for ORG to decide to tackle and turn into "an audiophile's dream". After all, well-mastered and pressed crap is STILL crap. Not that these are crap performance-wise, but I can get about 40 better sounding recordings of Dexter Gordon at the Monmartre in Copenhagen, produced by Nils Winther of Steeplechase.

7. tyler928

tyler928 Forum Resident

Every time I see that bundle pop up, I wonder why I would need each album on 33 and 2x45.
    I would be on it if it were just the 33 set.

8. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I was researching Black Sabbath vinyl, and most of the Rhino versions get decent reviews (I can't afford tracking down Vertigos). It finally occurred to me to check popmarket, and I found the 1st 6 LPs in a bundle for $65 shipped in the US: http://www.popmarket.com/black-sabbath-vinyl-bundle/details/27761409

The product page states 'Backordered', but upon adding to my cart, it states it is in stock. I placed my order last night, and it has already shipped.

9. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

10. imarcq

11. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Neil Young and Crazy Horse, "Psychedelic Pill" $49.00. Just about the cheapest I've seen in awhile.

12. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I bought Mark Knopfler's Privateering today for $25.99. That's a great price for it. It's been $45 or so ever since it came out, although I see Soundstage Direct has it marked down to $29.99.

13. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Radiohead deal up now.

seaisletim likes this.
  14. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

what happened to Pop Market? it went from free shipping to Australia to totally overpriced for shipping ? time for me to say goodbye to them!

imarcq likes this.
  15. imarcq

Welcome to the lets boycott Popmarket club. We can't discuss the outrageous shipping to Oz in this thread anymore so we'll just take that as a comment.......

fitzysbuna likes this.
  16. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I guess that explains why this thread took a dive and hasn't been heard from since the 20th. It is a shame that shipping is exorbitant for folks outside the U.S.

In case anyone cares, popmarket.com is having a 24-hour sale on studio album box sets. To my surprise, they have the Joe Satriani Chrome Dome USB for $179.99. Take 15% off with coupon code POPMARKET15 and get it for $152.99 shipped in the U.S.

As of this post, the above sale runs for another 21 hours.

imarcq likes this.
  17. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

The Bob Dylan Complete Columbia Albums Collection is at a pretty good price, too.

18. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

$60 shipping to Switzerland for either The Smiths or Dropkick Murphys box set........................thanks but no thanks!!

(oh and it was $120 if you wanted both!!)

19. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

REM Unplugged deal up now. Really good deal with the POPMARKET15 code. The RSD pressing was almost double this amount.

The vinyl was cut by Bellman from original tapes and it was pressed at Gotta Groove Records in Cleveland-- so you know it is good!

black sheriff likes this.
  20. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

How on earth did you score that deal Jimhb?

The site took FOREVER TO load for me by 12:15 when I finally got into the site the damn deal was sold out!!!

21. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

and gone within the first 15 minutes. :shake:

22. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

It looks like it is up for sale again...

23. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for posting. I was able to get one a few minutes ago.

24. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident

gone again. that sure sold out fast

25. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I just ordered it. Looks like they have more copies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.