Insound's Insane 50% Off Sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by RichC, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichC

RichC Forum Resident Thread Starter

I looked to see if anyone had posted this yet and didn't spot anything. So... Insound.com is having a sale on 7000+ vinyl items. (Plus CDs, though I didn't check.)

Most are 50% off. I'm afraid of a cluster as several items moved to "backordered" while in my cart... And many others now say backordered. (Though they were in stock when I checked out.)

Still though... Some really great items, including quite a bit from The Doors, Yes, Beatles, Miles, and others. I snatched (among others) the RP of Van Morrison's Band & The Street Choir for $12.50, Richard & Linda's Brights Lights Tonight for $14.50, and the Giant Steps 45 RPM box set for $29. Now if they only ship....

TLMusic likes this.
  2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

3. RichC

10% chance? It might be worth the $5 to order it.
    The "Giants Steps" box had the completely wrong artwork on the site, but the dates and listing matched. If it winds up being the wrong item I can always return it. But yes, they definitely need better descriptions on their site. [looks gift horse in mouth]

4. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Ten LPs in my wishlist weren't backordered, and are on their way to me. Thanks for the heads up!

5. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

thanks so much for the heads up.

btw. for craig- about a 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance.

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I saw lots of good stuff in the sale, but couldn't pull the trigger. It would be too much money for me to spend! Those Rush Sector 2 & 3 CD box sets are quite tempting, for example. I think I also saw the Beatles stereo box ... the Pixies Minotaur SACD box ... I will just have to live vicariously from the rest of y'all who are hopefully going to score some good deals.

7. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I ordered Bob Dylan The Witmark Demos 1962-1964: The Bootleg Series Vol. 9 on vinyl

I figure you should grab box-sets on half off sales!

Was tempted to get the Miles Davis box but didn't want to spend more money.

8. tzatziki

tzatziki Active Member

Took forever to sort through their sale LPs.
    I went with the Neil Young self-titled reissue, and a few Luaka Bop Brazilian compilations.

9. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector

Save 10% more by entering "welovevinylmore" during checkout.

Great sale, I snagged a few things...

10. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

10 percent more? Now I should order more.

11. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

I was tempted by much but am so trying not to spend $$ on vinyl.

Wound up getting Arling & Cameron's "Music for Imaginary Films", Danielson Famile's "Choppin' Block", Dungen's "Tio Bitar" and something else I can't recall. Oh, Destroyer's "Trouble in Dreams".

LOTS of pages to scroll through but I had to cut myself off at just a few.

12. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

$22.00 to ship five lp's?

13. 13DoW

13DoW A concoction of conjecture and whimsy

Thank you. Took me more than 90 minutes to go through all the sale LPs and I came up with a nice haul including some MoFi ! Most in stock, a few back ordered.
    The deluxe Nick Drave Five Leaves is now only a little bit more than the standard issue so I sprang on that.
    Shipping was about $22 for nine LPs

13th Duke of Wymbourne

14. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

$22 for 10 here:
    3108 3108 (Colored Vinyl) Vinyl LP
    Linda Perhacs Parallelograms Vinyl 2xLP
    The Go Find Brand New Love Vinyl LP
    TEEN The Way and Color Vinyl LP
    Imbogodom The Metallic Year Vinyl LP
    Pink Mountaintops Get Back Vinyl LP
    Ramona Lisa Arcadia Vinyl LP
    Nostalgia 77 A Journey Too Far Vinyl LP
    Pontiak Innocence Vinyl LP

SPRINGSUMMER14 also works as a 10% off coupon: before shipping, my total was $80 and change. So much for the "all new LPs cost $40 apiece!" argument.

15. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Great stuff! Some of the Stones Clearly Classic stuff is in stock!

16. 762rob

762rob Forum Resident

Got the Aretha 3 Lp set "The Electrifying Aretha Franklin" - strange - on the Aretha vinyl page it was $75.00 but on the Aretha artist page it was 50% off for the same title....

17. bluelips

bluelips Forum Resident

I had like 15 items in my cart but only 3 are in stock. It says the sale is on in stock items only so I wonder if any of the backordered records it let me buy will actually ship

18. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Thanks RichC, and tlmusic for the coupon code....
    My Order :
    1 Yaz Upstairs at Eric's MFSL Silver Vinyl LP
    1 The Pretenders Learning To Crawl MFSL Vinyl LP
    1 Paul Simon Still Crazy After All These Years Vinyl LP
    1 The B-52's Wild Planet MFSL Silver Vinyl LP
    1 Foreigner Foreigner MFSL Vinyl LP
    1 Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac (180 gram / 45 RPM) Vinyl 2xLP
    1 Paul and Linda McCartney RAM (Limited Edition Mono LP) Vinyl LP

I had several others in my cart that were backordered, so removed them.

TLMusic likes this.
  19. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I never even heard of these guys !! :) Can someone comment in regards to their customer service/reliability? I see some items I want for sure - thanks to the OP for the heads up and to the others who provided codes.

JQ

20. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

They are typically very good - I've used them for years. Always a great experience. Never experienced a sale of this magnitude with them, though, so I'm curious to see how they handle it... I'm worried because I ordered within an hour of the sale going live (15 records), but now all of the items in my order status say "Backordered" when only 1 was at the time of my hitting "Submit"

21. RichC

I think I've ordered a couple things from them, mainly RSD items. They're solid. Not to the level of Soundstage or AS, but you're also paying about half their prices with this sale.

That said, I have no idea how they're gonna handle the backorders. I heard that they WILL ship those if they come back in stock within 4 weeks... Otherwise they're cancelled. I went ahead and placed a separate order for 3 more titles that were all BO'ed... Hopefully they show but it won't be the end of the world if they don't.

22. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

I got the AP reissue of a Miles Davis' Seven Steps to Heaven for $37 shipped. Great sale.

23. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

From the Coupons, Discounts & Sales thread:

"They say any items that we are unable to stock within 4 weeks will be canceled from the order.....This does not look good for you."

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I cannot imagine they will ship any back-orders. Why would they? At half off, they're losing money on every purchase. Why would they restock?

25. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Yeah, these backorders will never ship. They're just clearing inventory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.