Blackfoot-Strikes

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by driverdrummer, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any fans of this album? I've enjoyed the standard Atco cd for close to 22 years now!

MYQ1, deredordica, junk and 2 others like this.
  2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I enjoyed listening to it in my cousins' record collection back in the early 80s, while shooting pool in their basement on Sunday afternoons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikes_(album)

I remember that "Train, Train" was my favorite song on the album.

Craig.

3. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I loved the stretch from Strikes through Marauder, and including the Highway Song Live album. All good stuff!

MYQ1, Lonecat, HotHere and 1 other person like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

1979, I had this album turned up loud, suddenly the power went out. A minute later, there's a knock at my door, it's the apartment manager. " You gonna turn it down now ? " :realmad:

:laugh:

5. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

I like all their albums upto & including Siogo, patchy afterwards. Strikes is probably my faviourite.

GodShifter likes this.
  6. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

If you liked those go back to No Reservations and Flyin High. I have these both on vinyl. They are tough to find on CD and fairly expensive. In my opinion, Flyin High was Blackfoot's best. Followed closely by Strikes and No Reservations. If you like them, you have to hear the first two. Siogo has one of my favorite tunes in White Man's Land. Sail Away wasn't bad either.I don't think it's as good as the three mentioned here, but still not bad.

7. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I tried to like Siogo back when it came out but struggled with it. Haven't heard it in ages. I'll have to check out the earlier albums, thanks.

I saw Blackfoot in 1981 in Darmstadt Germany, they put on a great show!

8. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

"No Reservations" is really 1st rate. I thought "Flyin' High" was a step down. "Strikes", "Tomcattin'" and "Marauder" were all kick ass albums. It went down hill from there. "Siogo" was when the keyboards showed up with the addition of Ken Hensley. "Teenage Idol" was a great song but the rest didn't ever grab me too much. The less said about "Vertcal Smiles" the better. I was lucky enough to catch them on a co-headling tour with Molly Hatchet on both bands last go round of the Big Time. It was at the Toledo Sports Arena. Blackfoot had just put out "Vertical Smiles" and Hatchet had just put out "The Deed Is Done" (both synth laden attempts to stay current). great show!

deredordica likes this.
  9. drowningdeep

drowningdeep Dude

'Strikes' is one damn good sounding recording. Especially cranked up..

10. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

The only Blackfoot album I like.
    One of the best produced rock albums ever.

Galley likes this.
  11. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

This is a classic album, and the standard CD which can be found for $5 at Wal-Mart a lot, is a sonic delight.

12. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

I'm a fan of Marauder myself. The band absolutely slayed live! Highway Song Live is testimony to that.

easyge likes this.
  13. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I like Strikes, Marauder and Tomcattin'. Haven't heard the rest.

14. Raynie

Raynie Hyperactive!

I bought Strikes, Tomcattin' and Marauder at a yard sale last year, having never heard them before. I have to say I have had a very hard time warming up to them.

15. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

I picked up Vertical Miles when it came out and it turned me off the band for 25 years. Fortunately, I gave them another chance a few years ago and I'm glad I did. The catalog pre-Vertical Smiles is solid.

clhboa likes this.
  16. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

The albums where Rick Medlocke chased trends in the mid-80's (Vertical Smiles and RIck Medlocke & Blackfoot) are not so good, but then in the early 90's Medlocke put out a Medicine Man and After the Reign as Blackfoot, both of which are good.

MYQ1, clhboa and Galley like this.
  17. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I love it. A classic!

19. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Pulled this LP out over the summer... forgot how good it was.

20. kwf

kwf Forum Resident

Love these albums and recommend After the Reign also...

21. junk

junk Hellion

22. weaselone

weaselone Well-Known Member

Strikes is one of the best Southern Rock albums ever!!!

Galley and Naughty Chord like this.
  23. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

24. John

John Senior Member

Funny I happen across this thread. I was just thinking about pulling this out and taking it for a spin. I really like this album. Bought the LP when it first came out, bought it again when the CD first came out!

25. This...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.