Huge Insound 50% vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Amnesiac, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Did anyone order Coltrane's Ole? They have two versions, one by Original Recordings Group and the other by ORG Music. As far as I know only ORG Music released it at 45 rpm. Both of the descriptions say they are 45 rpm.

If anyone ordered either version would you mind sharing which one you get?

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Ya kinda wonder, if it doesn't sell with a 50% discount, will it ever sell?

3. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Yes, I think they will, but as the site is currently, it's really difficult to know what items are on sale. I had time to kill last night so it wasn't a big deal, but it took me 75 to scroll through the same list. I think I'd they made searching for sale titles easier, they'd sell a ton more.

4. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Bummer. Last night the MOFI Elvis Costello King of America was not on sale. Now it is and it's backordered. Cool sale.

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

The 45 version splits the title track over two sides.

6. Tjazz

way too much to choose from... :shh::laugh:

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

after looking through all 7700 items, i found about 51 that i'd like. i ended up with 17 that were actually in stock, and purchased 14. after coupon and (ridiculous) shipping, it's about $10/LP. not a bad deal at all.

8. Tjazz

But then there are CDs at 50% off too. :uhhuh: (about 1500 cds)

9. Tjazz

10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

wow !!! crazy stuff , thanks for the Info ........................ Goodbye wallet !!!

11. JHC3

JHC3 Senior Member

God luck to all - I expect a lot of unhappy posts/effigy burning incidents in the next month or so about all of the backorders/unfilled orders. After I was finished looking at all of this, there were only five items left out of 40. Not enough to pull the trigger for me to make it worth it. I have too much music anyway.

12. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

"SPRINGSUMMER14" code gives 10% off. Works on CD's (didn't try on vinyl).

13. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

Got lucky and grabbed two MoV David Bowie albums on vinyl. The truth is the price was about $7.00 less then Import CD. Not bad but no revelation.

14. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

13 of 14 of the items in my cart just slowly slipped into the Backorder Zone...kind of frustrating. Ironically, since I was going to pay $20 UPS shipping I'd thought I'd "save" by looking around and buying more items....
    So I just saved $260.42 !!!
    Since almost everything's on Backorder and I'm doubtful any of it will be fulfilled at such steep discounts, I'll just scratch my order.

15. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Yes - I used it successfully for my vinyl purchases.:righton:

16. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

Well after saying I wouldn't order I did. 3 in stock items and 2 non in stock items. Dumping most of the non in stock from my list as I doubt I will see these in my shipment.

1 Marc Bolan The Electric Boogie Vol. 1 Vinyl LP
    1 T. Rex Singles: A's and B's 1972-77 Vinyl 3xLP
    1 The Leathercoated Minds A Trip Down the Sunset Strip Vinyl LP

BACKORDERED ITEMS

1 Can Delay 1968 Vinyl LP
    1 Nick Drake Family Tree Vinyl 2xLP

17. Thesmellofvinyl

That happened to me. Items that showed up as being in stock when I ordered them now show as being backordered. The customer support is excellent. I asked via e-mail for one title to be removed and another one added and it was done. I also asked that the promo code I had been unaware of at checkout be applied. It was.

18. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

I would guess once you ordered the in stock item and it has sold if that is the only copy they had then it goes to back order for the next purchaser.

19. Thesmellofvinyl

I hope so. The items appear on the "my orders" page as being backordered, presumably an indication that I might not receive it.

20. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Thanks for posting this sale... I took a bit of time yesterday running through it, and ended up with a decent order. I had so many more titles in my order, but showed some considerable restraint. Great sale... this order came to $75 shipped.

Various Artists - Enjoy the Experience: Homemade Records 1958-1992 - 2xLP + book, Now Again Records
    Strong Arm Steady - In Search of Stoney Jackson Vinyl - 2xLP, Stones Throw Records
    David Borden, James Ferraro, Samuel Godin, Laurel Halo and Daniel Lopatin - FRKWYS Vol. 7, RVNG
    Mark Lanegan - Has God Seen My Shadow? An Anthology 1989-2011 - 3xLP, Light In The Attic Records
    Koushik - Out My Window - 2xLP, Stones Throw Records

black sheriff likes this.
  21. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Nice pickup on the Mark Lanegan. I had debated that one.

22. Tjazz

All 4 of my backordered are double LPs. I'm hoping for the best. :rolleyes:

23. Thesmellofvinyl

I've been notified one of my orders (which showed up on my "My Orders" page as being backordered) shipped.

lightbulb and Tjazz like this.
  24. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

I got the one that was $5 less. Both are listed as ORG and 45rpm. It was listed as a backorder. We'll see.

25. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

clear vinyl Stones for $11 is mighty fine, latest Beach Boys reissues for 9.99, some nice prices there even with the shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.