How to find selling price history on eBay?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by mwheelerk, Aug 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music... Thread Starter

Although I have done a few hundred transactions on eBay in trying to research pricing, what the specific item has sold for in the past, I cannot figure how to do it or where to find it. Can someone give me direction on how to find this information?

Thanks

I'm sure it's sitting right in front of me but for the life of me I can't see it.

2. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

Use the advanced feature next to search and choose sold listings.

3. mwheelerk

Thank you. I knew it would be right in front of my face.

4. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I think over the time eBay erase some info, by example I cant find anymore the old brought items that I won...

5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

EBay drops them from "Completed" on their site two weeks or more after the sale ends, their choice as to when. They never erase anything, they sell access to older prices realized records through their subsidiary Terapeak.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

7. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You could also try popsike.com and collectorsfrenzy.com

I think both sites keep details of sold auctions for longer.

I think they also cover lps only.

8. kdbrink

kdbrink Forum Resident

I use terapeak.com
    It's a pay site, but has searchable completed eBay listings for the past year.

9. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

eBay sell the info to Worthpoint who charge a subscription for the pleasure. I think this is one of eBay's more dubious practices. It was the seller who provided the pictures and info to their auction, yet after 2 weeks eBay sells the sellers auction details to someone else. Hmmmm. Stinks a bit IMO.

eddiel likes this.
  10. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I'm sure somewhere buried in the whole user agreement novel that no one has ever read you give them the right to do that as a condition of them accepting your advertising. However, I never agreed to anything with Popsike, and it's a bitch getting your listings removed from them. They just ignore removal requests when they come in. Plus, they were hotlinking to one of my pictures stored on my own website. My first thought was disgusting animal pron, but in the end I replaced it with an image saying "Popsike.com are thieves who ignore removal requests" and they noticed after a few months and dropped the image link, although they still have my stolen description posted.

nightflight75 likes this.
  11. mwheelerk

I absolutely misunderstood you or simply read your response wrong. I remember the post and remember thinking it was referring to the posted current sales. It wasn't a change of mind but a change in understanding. But obviously your reply was direct and to the point. My bad.

David Martin and Myke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.