AMAZON US getting chaotic.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by John B Good, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It's a way to sell twice as much. :shrug: Other retailers have this as well.

2. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Well, the reward points are specifically for Amazon, so it makes perfect sense to me to spend them at Amazon. All I know is I can afford a lot more music than I would be able to without them, and they are now restricting the way I can use them.

3. Myke

Been saving mine for months now...building a nice little nestegg.

4. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Another case, sitting as 'Preparing for shipment' for 4 days :(

5. I think some shipments get stuck or lost in their queue, for whatever reason. Prime members can usually get a delayed order bumped up with a phone call.

6. John B Good

Well, it's getting common for this Canadian customer.

7. John B Good

Finally found out how to email them. Got a reply within a few hours, no explanation though, but got a 'shipped' notice a few hours later.

8. hogger_reborn

hogger_reborn Active Member

It's happened to me too. They do it to try to get you to buy Amazon Prime for $100/year. I don't use streaming so Prime is of little use to me. I order standard shipping and usually get it in less than a week, but they wait at least 3 days to tell me it's shipping. I don't see what's so hard about finding the product, sticking it in a box, printing up a shipping label, and sticking it in the mail. It's not like it's one person doing it all.

John B Good likes this.
  9. Myke

Not anymore. Got a 32" Samsung 1080p TV. :whistle:

10. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

While Amazon may be deliberately delaying free super saver shipping to try to get people to pay $100 per year for Prime (and I say may because I have no idea whether that's true), they obviously do have to prioritize the shipment of orders made by customers with Prime since they've already charged them money in exchange for expedited shipping. Maybe sometimes all of their warehouse employees are simply too busy processing Prime orders so other orders have to take a back seat for a few days?

John B Good likes this.
  11. Myke

Let's see...Americans who pay more for a service, getting better treatment ? Hmmm... :laugh:

John B Good likes this.
  12. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Funny you should ask, CNBC is doing a special on it... http://www.today.com/video/today/55529971#55529971

What's hard is how many times a day a person has to do those "easy" tasks.

John B Good likes this.
  13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Exactly my experience of late. Very annoying. Amazon purchases have consequently slowed tremendously.

14. John B Good

15. John B Good

I hadn't considered this factor (Prime) until hogger-reborn mentioned it, but as a Canadian I pay $4 a disk for shipping so find this long wait a bit too much.

16. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Just one observation, that doesn't detract from what may be legitimate criticisms. Even if you are a prime member, if fulfillment is not by Amazon, but a third party vendor, the 2 day shipping thing doesn't really work. So, one thing I always do when buying stuff- and I buy a ton of stuff from Amazon and only occasionally have problems with bad packaging causing damage to things like home appliances- is to make sure the item is being fulfilled by Amazon itself.
    My experience is largely limited to buying from the U.S., though.

17. hogger_reborn

i've been waiting on a cd for almost 2 weeks now. it's the audio fidelity blade runner soundtrack. still hasn't shipped. i find it a little ridiculous it would take 2-4 weeks to ship. it didn't say that when i ordered it. i bet amazon will wait right up until august 8 to ship it to me too. i already told them that if this keeps up i'll stop ordering through them. i'm sure they don't care though if they lose my business. i should have just ordered it directly from AF. they refuse to bump me up to faster shipping unless i pay extra for it.

18. hogger_reborn

so a little update, i wrote amazon an email asking if the product would be shipping, since music direct had stock back on 7/24/2014. amazon replied and said it was back ordered. they waited three weeks to tell me. so i pretty much told em i wasn't doing business with them anymore. i feel like they don't care, since they waited three weeks to tell me this. their customer service reps were very polite, but i feel like i just got a cut and paste response.

it always seems like they'll sit on an order until the last possible second and i'm tired of it. i just ordered it directly from audio fidelity's website instead. i would have ordered from music direct, but the cheapest shipping option was something like $14.

i never seem to have good luck with this stuff. that's like itunes. i cannot stand it because every release is buggier than hell. if i call in to apple and explain the issue, they essentially tell me i can't be helped because i'm on windows. it's their product they should stand behind it.

is there anywhere i can go and get my stuff on time and get good service?

19. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I thought there was another thread about this specific issue, but I cannot find it. Amazon has been offering Prime members a $1 credit per order to be used on Amazon Instant Video if they change the shipping option from 2-day (Prime) to free standard shipping. I ordered a few things that I didn't feel I needed in a hurry -- one on 8/15 and the others on 8/18 -- and so far none of them has shipped. I guess I'm used to getting stuff so soon after I order it that waiting 6 days (and counting) for something to ship seems really slow, so I definitely sympathize with those of you who have been complaining about Amazon's slow shipping for non-Prime customers. At this point, I don't think it's worth a $1 credit to have orders hanging unfulfilled for several days.

20. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

So, which states are they charging sales taxes to? I was not aware of that until I read this thread.

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Romerovm likes this.
  22. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I have seen a huge difference in how long it takes to ship. In the past I always thought why bother with Prime as it was pretty fast. Now it is slow as heck. That makes perfect sense.

23. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

24. Myke

Of course there are other options, but if they have the lowest price on an item, inc. sales tax, it'd be foolish to go elsewhere.

25. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

Well sure. However, one of the reasons buying online is attractive (to me at least) is that I don't have to pay sales taxes. I am sure on some items you can still get a better deals even paying taxes. It just used to be a better deal before uncle Sam screwed us one more time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.