Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidbix

davidbix Forum Resident

About the same price as BlowItOutAHere now when they had a coupon.

2. stevefish

stevefish Forum Resident

I actually ordered the Stereo box through them in November with shipment to Texas. Got here pretty quickly and arrived in perfect condition even though there were a few moderate abrasions on the exterior packing box. They did not remove the factory packaging. Definitely a positive experience.

Update: Forgot to mention that I paid $32.99 for "Standard International" shipping.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    beatleswho likes this.
  3. beatleswho

beatleswho Forum Resident

And they charge you taxes?

4. stevefish

stevefish Forum Resident

No tax.

5. stevefish

stevefish Forum Resident

Not sure if this matters, but this order was back from 11/2013. Not sure if the tax status of new orders to the U.S. will be the same.

6. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I contacted BlowItOutAHere asking this question regarding pre-orders, their reply was Yes they charge your card right now,
    and I was told if they can't deliver the goods, they will refund your money. :sigh: Deep Discount also dings your card immediately.

7. Anyone in Australia figured out who has the best deal inc shipping down under? I have a pre-order in with Amazon.ca which seems to be pretty fair - about $365AUD.

8. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Use this site. I preordered the Amazon Japan price (the pink line on the graph) which was the lowest so far, about A$325 delivered, but now it's much more expensive. I think Amazon.ca (the yellow line on the graph) are still your best bet, and if they do reduce the price just before release you would get that because of the preorder guarantee.

https://pricenoia.com/the-beatles-in-mono-vinyl-box-set-limited-edition?country=AU&currency=AUD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  9. Brilliant. I'll actually be in the States in Oct/Nov, but I doubt I'd be able to purchase it and send it home myself for cheaper than that.....and I don't really like the idea of bringing it home with me!

10. imarcq

You'd use up your baggage allowance anyway! I'm going to be in UK when it's released, but I'm having it sent from Japan to Australia, to a friends house in Sydney. The yellow Canadian line on the graph took a big dive last week when they accidentally listed it for about $40. But they cancelled all the orders! If when you look at that graph on the website using an iPad, or click with a mouse on the line it tells you what the prices were for given dates. It's quite useful.

11. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    imarcq likes this.
  12. imarcq

Thank god for Amazon Japan eh? I think we've got the best deal anywhere so far. Maybe they'll send us an OBI set by mistake ;) but then the book would be in Japanese!

Ben Sinise likes this.
  13. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

Yeah, worth locking into early, even with the initial kerfuffle over the different Japanese sets.

Thanks for the tip! :edthumbs:

imarcq likes this.
  14. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Ok, 15 Days and counting.
    Only movement I saw last week was Amazon.Ca UPPING the price to $399!
    What a difference a few years and a few Beatles Boxes make.
    the beave

15. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I'm waiting to buy an opened but barely played one from one of you guys for $250!!!

16. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

You may be waiting awhile.:winkgrin:

Peter Pyle likes this.
  17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm sure you'll have plenty of warped or off-center copies to choose from.

;)

Ed Hughes likes this.
  18. KeithH

Amazon.com is serious about $374.98 for this set.

19. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

We are used to waiting. :D

Ed Hughes likes this.
  20. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

They are indeed. Perhaps the days of them undercutting their online rivals is done and dusted.

21. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Ummm,ya think? :winkgrin:

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

God, I hope not. That's my biggest fear. Getting another Rainbo-like dud. ​

23. KeithH

Amazon definitely doesn't compete with sellers like importcds.com and deepdiscount.com much anymore, but they still offer some good deals on pre-orders. I am surprised by the lack of movement with the Beatles box.

24. KeithH

You know vinyl better than I, but it is my understanding that a good pressing plant is being used for the mono box. From what I've read, this box should be done right. I was just being sarcastic in the earlier post.

25. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

You and me both. Very Strange seeing how this one is playing out on Amazon. But the recent Zep Deluxe Boxes never came down that low
    (around the $100 mark) if memory serves me right. But I specifically remember the Stereo Vinyl box being under $300 on Amazon.Ca and a few months after it came out it went down to the $200, which is where I scored my box, which happened to be the Optimal European pressed box. Got Very Lucky on that one, especially for $191, which was the final USD amount.
    the beave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.