New Rich Robinson LP coming june 3rd

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by shinedaddy, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Forum Resident

Okay, I think I had better order from The End just to be certain that I get the EP tracks on CD. I'm guessing the CD included with all other releases lacks the EP tracks.

2. Cd with double vinyl is 12 tracks. Vinyl is 16 tracks.

3. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I wonder if the bonus CD EP is still available? Someone reported on another board I frequent and claimed they asked The End if they had any EP's left and The End reportedly told them they didn't and had sent them back to Rich Robinson. You may want to contact them to make sure they have it... before you order because the bonus CD EP is no longer mentioned on The End's site.

4. DownInAHole

I just sent the company an e-mail but it looks like you are right. The EP tracks on CD appear to be a very limited release.

5. DownInAHole

I was told that they are sold out of the version that includes the CD EP but that it may still be available at venues where Rich is performing.

Next time I shall have to act faster!

6. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Well.. yeah sure. Here's another thing.... Rich's last album 'Crooked Sun' had a bonus CD EP that was released with it. Of course you can't get that now - but if you buy the Japan issued version of Crooked Sun you get all the tracks from the EP tacked onto 1 disc in the form of bonus tracks!
    So maybe - Ceaseless will get the same treatment in the not so distant future and problem solved - perhaps.

7. KeninDC

KeninDC Hazy Cosmic Jive

Purchased it at the show.

8. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

finally got this and boy am i kicking myself for waiting so long. rich really one upped chris this year. if this were released as a black crowes release with a few minor tweaks this would have been the best black crowes album since the 90's and that says a lot because i really liked warpaint and before the frost.....

Carserguev and rob68 like this.
  9. Nick Drake fan

Nick Drake fan Forum Resident

Totally agree with the above. I finally got around to checking this album out and.......

Wow.

THIS is the album I'd been waiting for The Crowes to make since around 1998. Best Crowes-related release since Three Snakes And One Charm in 1996. Some truly great songs on this album - particularly "Down The Road" and "I Remember". But the entire album is real quality.

Listening to this album and its obvious Rich is the person most responsible for the music of the classic Black Crowes period (1990-97). Since approximately 2001, brother Chris has been seriously enamored with The Grateful Dead and the freak-folk scene far more than The Rolling Stones/Faces/Allman's/Led Zep rock and roll. I always got the feeling Rich was never interested in taking The Crowes in that Grateful Dead or freak folk direction and that there was a tug-and-pull between RR and C-Rob for the last dozen or so years regarding the sound of the band. As I listen to The Ceaseless Sight, it makes me ponder 'what could've been' for The Crowes if Chris had not gone off in a direction far from Rich (and everyone else in the band for that matter). I think The Crowes would've had a couple of more classic rock n roll albums in them in the 2000's to add to the 3-4 they already had in the bag. Oh well. Regardless, I'll be jamming to The Ceaseless Light quite a bit from here on out.

Carserguev, Matthew Tate and Rhett like this.
  10. fpas

fpas Just...take it easy, man.

I really liked Chris' first 2 soloalbums with the New Earth Mud, especially This Magnificent Distance. It seems that from then on, he went in a different direction (of which I'm not too keen), whereas Rich keeps on going steadily, exploring the musical avenues we love so much, as Crowes fans. As long as Rich keeps making music like this, I'm perfectly happy concerning Crowes-related output. I have his cd in my car and put it on regularly, it's such a great album. Gonna see his acoustic show this october, when he's in the Netherlands.

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.