Which Live King Crimson - Night Watch or Collectible, Vol.1?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by budlyte, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcj

tcj Senior Member

And don't forget that The Great Deceiver is now available as two separate two-disc sets from DGM, in case anyone is out looking for a boxset. I've seen these locally - they're just regular slim double-CD cases. They are unfortunately covered with Fripp's obsession for the past 6-8 years - boring PJ Crook artwork. Yawn. Seek out the box if care about packaging, if you can, as I think it is MUCH classier looking, but the music, mastering, liner notes, etc., is exactly the same in the new sets.

2. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Nightwatch gives you great recording quality (and a ground-breaking band aware they're making a recording.)

Live in Asbury Park gives you a road-hardened band on fire.

I cannot choose; both essential.

3. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

OMG - get both and start saving for The Great Deceiver box set (which is more elegant than the 2x2CD sets)

4. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

... or simply wait for the "Starless: Live in Europe" box, which is supposed to contain expanded Amsterdam (Night Watch), Mainz (Collectable #1), complete Zurich and Glasgow sets (Great Deceiver) and much much more. :)

bhazen and old school like this.
  5. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

The decision was probably made 6 years ago when this thread was last active

6. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

Or decide again! I've been listening a lot to live in Zurich 1973 kcc 41 which i presume is one of the blue tapes, sounds fantastic and a great show. KC has released a lot of stuff in the past year or so. A lot to wade through, the blu ray hi rez stuff is very good. I am very excited to see them soon, and can only hope some nice recordings result.

7. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Is The Night Watch edited?

8. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

I suspect we'll find out for sure once the Starless box is released in a couple of months.

9. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Amazing shows on both.
    Great Deceiver and Night Watch.... TWO of a perfect pair!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.