Huge Insound 50% vinyl sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Amnesiac, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Thanks... I almost bought it the other day at my local shop for $37 too. I almost grabbed the other two titles by him at Insound, but figured I could stick with the box set to start with.

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I had the same results a few items went on backorder as i was looking through everything & i stayed away from most already listed as being backordered .... these has been packed up to ship:

1 Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man (2xLP)
    1 Jeff Beck - Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop (LP)
    1 Marshall Crenshaw - Red Wine (10")
    1 Mastodon - Live at the Aragon (LP+DVD)
    1 Meshell Ndegeocello - Pour Une Ame Souveraine: A Dedication to Nina Simone (LP+CD)
    1 Motorhead - Aftershock (LP)
    1 Nick Lowe - Dig My Mood (Reissue) (LP)
    1 Nick Lowe - The Convincer (Reissue) (LP)
    1 Only You - Applying Myself/Love is Making Me Tired (7")
    1 Rainbow - Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (LP)
    1 Redd Kross - Researching the Blues (LP)
    1 Nina Persson - Animal Heart (LP)
    1 Various Artists - Beyond the Valley of the Dolls OST (LP)

then these were Backorders

1 Bjork - bastards (2xLP)
    1 Rainbow - Rising (LP)
    1 Sting - The Last Ship (LP)
    1 Various Artists - Beyond the Valley of the Dolls Soundtrack (Collector's Edition) (LP)

If they all go through it was about $200 with $40 shipping included ........... so a lot of great music to be had , thanks so much to "Amnesiac" again for posting this sale :pineapple:

3. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

That is one terrible website. Half the links don't work and the pages take ages to load.

johnny q likes this.
  4. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

It was working fine earlier in the day yesterday. I see now that it is not now. I am not sure what is up with that?

5. John76

John76 Forum Resident

There's some good items listed if you have the patience to look through 7,700 album titles. Many I already have, but some notable ones worth searching:

The Doors Box Set
    Quite a few Miles Davis
    Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue
    Fleetwood Mac - 45rpm
    Rolling Stones
    Tom Waits

6. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

FYI my package that shipped yesterday via UPS 2 day air arrived today!!!

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Same here , mine just showed up :righton:

8. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Beholden - Congratulations on getting your order so quickly! Did they give any indication on your back orders and possible prorating on the shipping??? Of course, it's probably too soon to tell...

9. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

All will be answered I'm sure, but I can't understand why they put up 7,000 records and most everything shows as out of stock on the first day. Why go to all that trouble if you only have a small number to sell?

10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

My guess is that website was already running & they just dropped the sale prices ....

11. slayerhatesusall

slayerhatesusall Well-Known Member

Already posted this in the other thread but:

I got an email saying 9 of the 17 records I bought shipped, they said the others are on backorder, even though they said they were in stock when I bought them :rolleyes:. They charged me $22 for shipping for the 9 even though it was like $35 for 17 records before. They didn't even bother sending me a tracking number. Also they still have the Miles- Faint hearted one for sale on Amazon but apparently can't send me it because its backordered?!?

This is what they sent me:

Hello,

The following items from your Insound order have been processed:

1 Colin Stetson - New History Warfare (Full-Length) (LP)
    1 Jim O'Rourke - Bad Timing (LP)
    1 Melt Banana - Cell-Scape (LP)
    1 Secret Pyramid - Movements of Night (LP)
    1 Sight Below - Glider (2xLP)
    1 Silent Servant - Negative Fascination (LP)
    1 The Humble Bee - Henrietta (LP)
    1 Yob - The Great Cessation (2xLP)
    1 Various Artists - Vinyl Grab Bag (5xLP)

Your have been charged $109.59 for this shipment.

The following items are in your order but have not been shipped yet:

1 Carissa's Wierd - Ugly But Honest (Reissue) (2xLP)
    1 Donato Dozzy and Nuel - The Aquaplano Sessions (2xLP)
    1 Harald Grosskopf - Synthesist | Re-Synthesist (LP+CD)
    1 Miles - Faint Hearted (2xLP)
    1 Shed - The Traveller (2xLP)
    1 Supersilent - 10 (LP)
    1 Supersilent - 11 (LP)
    1 Circle - Taantumus (2xLP)

These other items are either on backorder or are pre-orders that haven't arrived yet. They will be shipped to you when they arrive in stock. You are only being charged for items that have shipped. You will be charged for the backordered items when they ship, too.

If you find items that you have ordered missing from this invoice, they may have been removed from your order. These items are out of print or temporarily unavailable, and you will not be charged for these removed items. The packing slip contained in your shipment will reflect these changes to your order.

12. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I got a tracking number email about a day after I got my shipping confirmation email. So your tracking number should be coming.

13. BRush

BRush Senior Member

Here is what I was able to successfully buy:

1 The Raspberries - The Raspberries' Best MFSL PRE-ORDER (LP)
    1 The Band - Music From the Big Pink MFSL (CD)
    1 R.E.M. - Collapse Into Now (LP)
    1 The Doors - L.A. Woman (40th Anniversary Edition) (2xCD)
    1 Fleetwood Mac - Pious Bird of Good Omen Speakers Corner (LP)

My order was shipped yesterday. My original order had 20 items, but most were backordered.

14. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Believe it or not I received everything. I assume I may have ordered the last of some items thereby they listed as backordered after I placed my order. That's my guess.

lightbulb likes this.
  15. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Man, I ordered that Big Pink CD when it was showing as in stock, but now it's back ordered and it hasn't shipped. Hopefully they had multiple copies. Let me know if it's actually the MFSL disc, will you? The picture was wrong and I think the release date may have been, too.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  16. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Wow, so you successfully avoided Backorder limbo! Hopefully that's a good sign for everyone else...

17. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I ordered 14 and it looks like 13 shipped. I'll know on Tuesday!

lightbulb likes this.
  18. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

I just found another great vinyl album for 10.00.

Check out Boozoo Bajou 4 for an excellent mellow listen.

For $10.00! I've seen it priced at 30.00! So I'm up to 3 albums 2 Bowies and the Boozoo.

Amazing prices.

19. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

I ordered on Thursday and have not heard anything yet....

20. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I have dealt with Insound for years and they are a slow ship. They try very hard to assemble your order so that they can ship it all at once. If they are waiting for a piece from a distributor, that alone can delay an order a week.

I am still waiting for them to fill a back-order from June. From a big order I placed with them, three units were put on back-order. Two have arrived at Insound and are being held for me but they are still waiting for the third. To their credit, when I emailed them about it last week, they responded right away that their distributor said would be two more weeks if I wanted to continue to wait. Otherwise, they'd cancel the last piece and just ship the other two. I elected to wait a bit longer.

Insound often has good prices on alternative music you can find nowhere else. I do buy from them a couple of times a year. A trick with them, probably not available with this big sale, is to order two records from the same artist. That automatically gives you their "make your own bundle" discount, which is 10% off your entire order.

21. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Did you receive it? I bought the one that was $30 and it was the ORG Music 45 rpm pressing, I was afraid they were going to send me the MOV. I'm going to compare it to my original blue/green label stereo this weekend.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  22. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Not yet, no. It's on a backorder list and they have yet to tell me which are actually available. I was able to order the Weather Report s/t ORG.
    Watch out for potential pressing issues. I find that the ORGs sound excellent, but are prone to defects.

23. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

Hummmmm...no shipping date. No withdrawal on the credit card.

I have a bad feeling.

24. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

No pressing issues, it plays quiet throughout. The mix is mono, I emailed ORG Music and they said they used the original mono master tape. And earliest pressings said stereo on the jacket. Going from memory the stereo mix is really weird with only the bassists (maybe piano) in the center, everything else hard panned.

25. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Same thing here. Only ordered a few CDs but this is the one on back order. Would like to know if it's actually MFSL as well b/c I noticed the same things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.