Amy Grant - "In Motion: The Remixes" Check out this new remix of "Baby Baby"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by BradOlson, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

I must've missed that post, Brad. :)

PS...I'm enjoying In Motion way more than I thought I would. Taking in the project as a whole, it's not the desperate attempt to remain relevant or court a younger demographic I once thought it was. All of the remixes bring something valid to the table and truly do rejuvenate these familiar songs, casting them in a new light that also serves to enhance the original LP versions. I think it's all about the mix of familiar and yet-to-be-discovered that makes In Motion infinitely exciting. "You're Not Alone" now has an increased sense of urgency and "danger" thanks to the darker production. "Find A Way" shines with it's moody production, and "Stay For Awhile" is simply sublime the way the male background vocal moans are woven amidst the thumping beats. Even "Baby Baby"'s revved up vocals make sense surrounded by the other remixes on the album.

2. Dean Murphy

Dean Murphy Well-Known Member

This project has exceeded my already high expectations. I am dying to hear all the extended versions of the remixes!

3. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I really want to hear the extended version of "You're Not Alone". It sounds like it will be an epic mix!

4. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Hope to pick this up today!

5. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

The extended mixes have leaked.

6. BIT ERROR

BIT ERROR New Member

Has anyone seem the digital album on any of the lossless download sites? I bought the CD, but it's missing the 7th Heaven track - I only see the album on the low quality stores like iTunes, Amazon...

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

No I haven't seen it on the lossless download sites. The thing to do is to go on Facebook and post at https://www.facebook.com/groups/officialAmyGrant/ and the management will see your post.

8. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Sound Stage Direct has the vinyl available now. I am glad Amy's management finally figured out there is a new vinyl market after failing to make her last album available on vinyl for the general public without having to spend $250 to get it as part of a fan pack. Happy to see a any new release from her. Just not enough strong material for me on this, though I should get it just for Stay for Awhile. Agree with the poster that remixing Baby Baby is a fools game...it is perfect the way it is, but I am so burned out by that song, as good as it is.

9. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I hope it does well, but I just don't see it. My kids just don't like her pop stuff from her golden age, no one in their twenties down will know who she even is (sad). The track selection is very, very odd. And the vinyl edition is only one disc so they had to cut the track list down. In fact, I just changed my mind and will pick it up with some other vinyl I was in the middle of ordering on line. Free shipping if I hit a minimum so I will give it a go, but it really is a very strange release. Wow...just went to order it and one good thing is that it is only $19.99 on vinyl...that is on the very low end for vinyl prices these days.

10. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Maybe, but I just got it from Sound Stage Direct for $19.99 before the discount good through the weekend. They are slow to ship stuff though...I prefer Elusive Disc but they don't seem to have it, lending creedence that maybe it will be a limited release on vinyl.

11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

And may I add the wonderful documentary with Vince Gill House of Love, also on laserdisc.

12. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Yikes....I waited years to find a copy on vinyl but recently, I finally did and it sounds great. By the way, sorry for all the posts but somehow I missed this whole thread and only found out about the thread and new album when buying some vinyl on line tonight and seeing it on the new release list. What a great surprise....with the internet it is hard to be surprised by a new release, unlike the old days when you went into a music store and saw a new release you didn't know about. Fun time for music back then!

13. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

You are correct, it wasn't. You had to go to one of her concerts and hope they had some left over from selling them in the fan packs. I emailed her management and they simply felt there would not be enough interest...Amy had to front the money and take the risk herself for the 1000 units they did make. I am glad they have seen the light, so to speak, and are offering the remix album on vinyl. I would not buy it otherwise.

14. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I don't know Brad....I have a lot of different people who work for me in their twenties, including Christians, who have no idea who she is. Hard to believe if you were around during her glory days. My kids heard her from time to time living with a dad who played her music all the time and they have no interest in her and never did...she just doesn't resonate with that generation which I found disappointing. Maybe something on this release will create some interest in her by younger people. I think younger people have such a short attention span they simply don't really get into the lyrics like we used to, and as you have pointed out over and over, Amy was a lyrical artist. Kind of like my kids not wanting to watch any movie over 90 minutes....they just don't have much of an attention span. Amy is best enjoyed listening to her albums from track one to the end...she has great stories to tell as you know better than anyone. I wish younger people could appreciate that. Now if there is a story to tell, ie, a Taylor Swift type (who I do like) it is usually a very shallow message. Amy had some pretty deep stuff to sing about back in the day, and it was fun to listen to.

15. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Wow...they usually really get behind her. I bet the last album they stocked just didn't sell well. I didn't really care for it myself, but I know a lot of people here enjoyed it.

16. BradOlson

Amy's stories are still very deep and she is still a lyrical artist and I agree that she is best heard by listening to the albums front to back. Even Heart In Motion has some very deep messages within the very light melodies of most of the songs and yes, I was around during her glory days.

17. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

She really did a lot for Christian music during her reign as the leading selling pop Christian artist. It is stunning to me that young people don't generally know who she is. It is really exciting to see an attempt to expose her to a new audience. My copy should be here next week...anxious to hear it. How did you end up getting her last album on vinyl? Did you buy her fan club package? Wasn't sure if you were going to do that following the last posts we had put up talking about her managements decision to not press more copies for general release.

18. BradOlson

I don't have the vinyl of How Mercy Looks From Here although I do want it.

19. BradOlson

She is still the biggest selling CCM artist of all time, Jrr.

20. BradOlson

BTW, I do play Amy's music a lot on my Christian/Gospel show on a country station as the station targets 35-64 and we even have listeners in their 70s-80s.

21. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Not surprised. I honestly don't think anyone is going to ever top her. Was a different era, but that doesn't take away from her great and diverse music, nor what she contributed to christian music back in the day. And she always seemed so nice to everyone too. I saw her a few times in concert and remember one time she stood at the gate and was talking to a lot of people before the crowd started getting too big. You sure don't see that! I still listen to just about all her of her output up to Simple Things. Didn't really like her new album too much though. I thought you posted that you had her last studio album on vinyl....sorry to hear you didn't get a copy. Have there been any on ebay? I ordered the remix album and I'm sure the cover will look great in the enlarged size.

22. BradOlson

23. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Wow. That's a lot of music. Too bad I don't do the MP3 (or any download) thing. I thought the album itself was fine. I would have enjoyed it more had longer versions of all the songs been on it, instead of "edits". I see now what they were doing - saving all the longer versions for the download crowd. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be able to hear them all on youtube in a matter of days.

24. BradOlson

It goes to show that Amy, her management and Universal know what they are doing for the business.

25. BradOlson

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUULKbUzmSHJfTAfEUiZZPA

Mark B. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.