Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It seems with amazon.com these days that the price typically comes down early in the pre-order period, and that's it. You had to get in pretty early to get a good deal on the CSNY and Allman Brothers Blu-Ray sets, for example. For those sets, prices shot up and stayed up for a few weeks leading up to their release.

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I bet they lost thier asses on the stereo box returns so they are pricing themselves high this time to protect them from the same type of problem. Just a hunch.

3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Maybe Amazon will finally lower their price once cancellations start rollin' in.

4. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I did get my Zeppelin super deluxe for about $89 a pop (I-III) I believe and I wasn't a total hound on penny pinching I had to cancel one order I think and I prefer to pay with paypal generally so it can limit my choices......I am for sure getting this Beatles mono box...do you guys think $348 is a decent price to your door>? I saw it for about $316 last night but with tax and shipping it popped up to around that number.

I almost bought a Stereo box set today for around $230

5. SpinningInfinity

Beave is there a way to tell from the exterior of the box that it is an Optimal pressing?

thanks in advance for any help (talking the stereo box)

6. Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere

7. SpinningInfinity

it has and it's awesome!!

8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Both first two boxes were re-boxed in a gigantic Amazon Box. But inside they were still in the factory boxes with the heavy duty Styrofoam inside. The third one also came in an Amazon box but it had the big O red sticker on one side stating that it was the Beatles Stereo vinyl box set. There are pics of it all over SH site. But on that outside sticker, which is about 8x10 or maybe a bit bigger, it states that it is pressed by Optimal.
    Hope that helps.
    the beave

9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

For those who wish to gamble with deepdiscount, I saw a coupon (FB4U15) that's apparently valid today - August 27 - only that will knock 15% off dd's already discounted price. If you opt for the cheapest shipping (3-10 days), this makes the price:

$282.62 + $12.99 (shipping) = $295.62 (total) [note: yes, that's 1 penny off - their error, not mine!]

My understanding is that these guys charge your card when you order.

Critter likes this.
  10. SpinningInfinity

thank you. I might pull the trigger on one from Popmarket...but I am having trouble seeing where they ship from.

does anyone know?

11. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

So, how is their return policy?

12. mrjinks

Don't know. I've ordered from them in the past, but never a "big ticket" item like this. However, considering they're $80+ cheaper than amazon, I decided to take a chance. Hopefully the item will arrive safely and I can use the $$ saved to get myself a "free" Harrison box...

I believe the deal has expired, but I'd keep watching all the major sites over the holiday wknd. Got to be some more deals pop up.

13. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

12 days left.......
    can't stand it already......
    the beave

Peter Pyle likes this.
  14. mrjinks

I must say I'm stunned that importcds stayed so high on their price. They've been virtually unbeatable on price for major releases for the last few years, tho availability has sometimes been an issue. They're only knocking 9% off the retail when they typically have had 30% or better offers out there. Even though they haven't made the new McCartney sets available to order yet, it looks like they've priced them at 32% off ($54.76 + minor shipping/handling)...

15. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

all things must pass.........

george

16. rl1856

rl1856 Forum Resident

Who has cheapest price delivered to the US ? I have found both Musicdirect and Soundstagedirect at $336.99 US + free delivery. Anyone cheaper ? I am ready to buy. Thanks !

17. Peter Pyle

Peter Pyle Forum Resident

Just wait until the end of next week... I'm guessing I'll start having trouble sleeping.

18. SpinningInfinity

Just did soundstage....hope I don't regret it.

$336, free shipping and no freaking California sales tax.! (and they take paypal which I prefer Bullmoose I am looking at you....you've lost a grand so far where I would have ordered from you...but you don't take paypal) Amazon too...

;)

debating having them remove them from the sleeves to avoid tears...anyone else going for this?

19. SpinningInfinity

not in the Beatles mono...but this will get your juices....juicing?

;)

20. Combination

Maybe you ought to express that to Bullmoose in a PM, since they are also a member here...not exactly good taste.

21. SpinningInfinity

oh come on./

I am smart enough to know why they don't take paypal...the fees.

grow up.

22. Combination

One might say it's a little immature on your part to take the passive aggressive route...depending on who you ask.

And if you're already smart enough to know the answer, then why say anything at all? Just move on, for heaven's sake.

23. SpinningInfinity

I'll keep it friendly...there was a wink in my post.

the reality is Bullmoose has not gotten a few sales from me because they don't take paypal....the reality on that is....me buying 3 or 4 box sets from them garners very little profit sadly these days....but I 100% would use them if they did take paypal. I can say that/

Me not buying from them isn't the end of the world....when a box set at cost is $315 or whatever...and they can make $15 to $21 and then deal with all the ******** of people going "there's a 16th of an inch flaw...I want to return this set"..seriously...I am not sure how any record store stays in business anymore..it's honestly quite sad/

I don't overly hustle for the lowest deals online, but for me paypal really is how I spend my online dollars....

for cash deals....I aggressively support a local shop and honestly overpay all the time there ($40 for a $20 record...sometimes I kick myself going...you know...you aren't made of money either)...but I love there's an independent record store close by...sadly I am not enough to support his store even though I generally drop between $400-700 a month there (his shop will be closing soon and I am very sad to see it go)....it all goes in waves....I am sure I'll be broke soon...so I do try and pinch a few penny's online and for whatever reason paypal works for me online very well./

If Bullmoose does eventually take paypal...I can pretty much guarantee I'd be buying there. I dropped I think $300 last night at popmarket...and today $336 on the Beatles mono elsewhere...I am a buyer for real

:)

24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

You know you can get a Paypal debit card and use it anywhere that takes MasterCard or visa.

25. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Sub $300 is a good price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.