New Sun Kil Moon in February - Benji

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bryce, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

I just got a shipping notice on my Benji 2xLP (blue) from Caldo Verde :)

2. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

hmmmn, should be getting mine soon then.

3. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

And the good thing about SKM/Koz output is the coloured is usually just a fine sounding as the black.

4. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Same here

5. dianos

dianos Forum Resident

6. UncleHalsey

UncleHalsey Forum Resident

Just finished listening to my blue vinyl. Very nice. :)

7. PostalBlowfish75

PostalBlowfish75 Senior Member

Just picked this up from my local today, they had at least 1 more in stock. I didn't think I would be able to find this for retail price, my lucky day.

8. duse

duse Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the retail price? Their site lends no information, and it is not available on Amazon. I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked about a second pressing, etc. This would be after the blue sold out, not the yellow or the black, and I heard nothing. Not even a "we don't know, just keep checking back" or anything. Obviously, there is a yellow/black pressing. This is a small label, correct? How busy could they be?

9. PostalBlowfish75

PostalBlowfish75 Senior Member

10. duse

duse Senior Member

You did well!

11. Don't counterprogram a ska/party band anywhere within earshot of the stage.

thebunk likes this.
  12. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

Received my blue from CV while I was away traveling. Thing is, I also have the Yellow and Black but they are sitting with my sister on the other side of the world and i'm not sure when I'll get them in my hands... maybe next year at some point. Finding it really hard to keep the Blue sealed as I really wanted to keep the Yellow and Black for listening, but I'm contemplating just ripping it open and spinning it. Have you guys opened up all your variations or keeping any sealed?

13. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

I am in a similar, though different conundrum.

I was able to get all 3 variants which was more by chance of hedging my risk vs. trying to collect all of the colors. Anyway plan was that since I have all 3, I would use the black as my play copy and the Blue and Yellow sealed. The Black and Yellow showed up in pristine condition (thanks BullMoose!) while the blue has a bing ding in the corner of the jacket. Now I am thinking of using the Blue as my play copy. But on the other hand, I have heard some of the blues are noisy. Arrg.

14. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

Ahhh first world problems. As someone who is still on the hunt for one copy, I won't tell you what I'm thinking. ;)

15. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Oh I agree, first world problems in the highest degree. ;)

That said, I spent a lot of time hunting these things down, checking some sites daily, etc. And I did try to help out on here where I could as soon as I saw copies come up (same in the Perils thread).

I won't even tell you how many copies of Perils I ended up buying (and canceling)!

inaptitude likes this.
  16. inaptitude

I appreciate the links posted when you've come across them for sale. I ordered through amazon.uk but that's been put on hold (my hopes are not up).

If anyone deserves to have 3 copies of this I'm glad it's a fellow maritimer! (I'm originally from Halifax). You should come up to see him at the Ottawa Folk Fest in September. He is performing on two different days.

17. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

I will be honest, I have the chance to see him in Portland, Maine which is my go to for concerts - 5 hours away, great people (very much like maritimers) and quickly becoming one of the biggest beer and food destinations in the US. The number of great acts they have been attracting is unreal. Saw Ryan Adams, Drive By Truckers, Jason Isbell there so far and have passed up on a bunch of other great artists thus far.

18. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Also check your PM ;)

19. bobfrombob

bobfrombob Forum Resident

Ottawa Folk Festival should be interesting. They have a pretty bad soundbleed from some stages to others.

Day 2 he's up against the War on Drugs which disappointed me but looking forward to the Saturday show.

20. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Not to derail the thread but The War on Drugs "Lost in the Dream" is my favorite album of 2014 thus far. That said, every live clip I watch of them is extremely underwhelming. I think all of the layers of sounds on the album is must be very hard to pull off live.

21. inaptitude

I agree about War on Drugs. They overlap Sun Kil Moon's second set so I won't feel too bad about skipping out early. Great lineup this year.

22. UncleHalsey

UncleHalsey Forum Resident

My blue is dead silent. Critical for this album, obviously.

23. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

yeah, my blue is dead silent too.

The blue Perils, however, was reportedly noisy on 'sad reminders' forum.

24. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member

Good to know, thanks folks.

25. Kristeva

Kristeva Forum Resident

I just had a complete run through of my 'black' Perils for the first time and its actually quite noisy - a constant low-level surface noise. It seems the problems they had with the blue may have affected the black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.