Used Record/CD stores in Ashville, NC area

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by PTgraphics, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member Thread Starter

I am going up to Hendersonville & Ashville area of NC this weekend (spending some time at the Biltmore Estate also). Any good used shops in the area? Ashville should have some good used vinyl shops but I have not come across any the multiple times I have been up there. Thanks!

Pat

2. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident

Sorry to be so late in responding.. there is Voltage Records in Asheville, and two other stores on the same block.

3. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Unfortunately, the best, Almost Blue, closed several years ago. However, Voltage did buy the majority of their stock. Karmosonics never has more than a dozen of boxes of used vinyl. They've alway been more of a boutique type store. Readers Corner on Montford Avenue usually has a couple of gems in their not overly large selection, definitely worth a stop in.

There were some in West Asheville, but one is now gone, if not both.

Nothing in Hendersonville since the (already pricey) Record Hole moved to Waynesville. There is a small store in Brevard, but I haven't been in there since they changed owners last year.

4. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Let's revive and old, old thread and ask... are there any CD or vinyl stores in the Hendersonville area these days? Taking a day trip up there tomorrow, and need something to do while my wife forages in antique shops.

5. thx911

thx911 New Member

6. whomhead

whomhead Forum Resident

So if I had time for one shop to hit in Asheville would it be Harvest or Voltage? Looking for used vinyl...

7. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

voltage is the ONLY store anywhere in this area worth going to. trust me on this one.....dont even waste your time with any of the others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.