The "NEW" Bedroom\Electronic\Remix\Whatever Producer Thread (2010 and newer)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thebunk, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantis4tons

mantis4tons Forum Resident

How about some Andrew Ashong? The vocals get a bit repetitive in this song (it is deep house, after all!) but the beats are killer. Ashong also put out a top-notch EP this year that's well worth your time.

2. mantis4tons

Moodymann is one of the best of the currently active Detroit techno/house producers. He weaves a tangible Motown/soul influence into his productions - and definitely into his DJ sets. This track is the highlight from the eponymous LP he released this year:

3. mantis4tons

Lindstrom, Prins Thomas, and Todd Terje releases are always worth a listen IMO. The space disco scene in Norway has produced some excellent stuff. We can safely call Terje's "Inspector Norse" an unequivocal classic now, right?

nbakid2000 and rwil like this.
  4. thebunk

thebunk Senior Member Thread Starter

Terje is another guy been meaning to check out but have yet to. Have heard nothing but great things.

5. thebunk

Also I have to say I am shocked we got to Page 2 in a little over 24hours (even though half of the posts are mine :D ). Still thanks for everyone contributing thus far.

6. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

The newest album from Todd is the best IMO.

7. thebunk

On it, cheers!

nbakid2000 likes this.
  8. nbakid2000

Did not know they did an album together (which I am listening to now):

[​IMG]

9. rwil

rwil Well-Known Member

I heard this in a Maya Jane Coles set and got hooked. Old School-style acid.

10. thebunk

Tei Shi - Nevermind the End (Saint Pepsi Remix)

A great smooth jam for a Friday afternoon. This is a great pop gem from the female artist known as Tei Shi. Here her great track "Nevermind the End" is remixed beautifully by Saint Pepsi. Yet another example of an electronic artist putting their touch an already great song and making it even greater (and without the bombastic bass that people stereotype electronic artists with).

Enjoy!

11. Buddhahat

Buddhahat Forum Resident

I love the Todd Terje album. Was listening to it this morning. Ennio Morriconne on MDMA!!

My vote goes to Jai Paul, in particular these tracks:

A load of tracks were leaked a few years ago as a fake 'album' and it makes for an incredible set. Unfortunately he's yet to release his debut although it's apparently in the works. I hope so as the leaked tracks were pretty bad quality, very bass heavy, where the bass kind of makes everything drop out which is quite unpleasant to listen to. it's a wonder that the quality of the songwriting is still able to shine through!

I really think this guy is an extremely gifted writer/producer and if he could only get it together to put out an album we'd have something really special to listen to. His stuff reminds me of Sly & The Family Stone, Daft Punk, Prince with traditional indian music thrown in.

12. Buddhahat

Buddhahat Forum Resident

13. thebunk

Great, great call on Jai Paul!

For me my favorite track of his is Track 15 of the leaked demos from last year (also known as "All Night"). Unfortunately I cannot find a Youtube video of it anywhere.

14. nbakid2000

I guess this guy would count in some capacity since he seems to produce his own work [aside from producing from others].

Robin Coudert (born 1978), also known by his stage name Rob, is a French pop/rock musician, singer-songwriter, producer and film score composer.[1]
    In 1998, he released a very first EP, for a Source Records compilation Musique pour un Enfant Jouet. Three years later, the highly instrumental album Don’t Kill came out on Source Records (Daft Punk, Air, Phoenix, etc.), and a second album Satyred Love in 2002.

At the same time, Rob worked with Sebastien Tellier and Phoenix[2] on different projects. In 2005, he composed the original music of a short film, Pink Cowboy Boots, and produces several artists such as Melissa Mars (2005), Zaza Fournier (2008), Alizée, Adanowski (2010) or Leon Larregui (2011) - n°1 in Mexico. He also get on a new and complex work of art[3] with the label Institubes : le Dodécalogue

15. nbakid2000

Sam Mehran [pronounced 'merr-anne' ] (born August 18, 1986) also known as Sam Meringue, is an American Australian musician best known for being a member of short lived band Test Icicles, as well as having been in a large number of other side projects. In 2010 however, it became apparent that Mehran has been active in the music industry at an underground level under the alias of Sam Meringue. A few of his 'projects' are - Matrix Metals,[1] Yoga, Explorers, Blues Runner, Wingdings, Foxy Baby, Outer Limits Recordings,[2] The Sweethearts[3] and most recently Outer Limitz.[4]

16. thebunk

Sophie - Bipp

Saturday night and I home chillin, drinking to wine and listening to tunes (Chad Valley - Young Hunger) and I figured I should bump this thread and post something with a bit more energy to it given that it is Saturday evening. With that I give you Sophie's 2013 breakout Internet Blog hit, "Bipp". According to Hype Machine, Sophie is the most blogged producer on the Internet today. Not sure if this is true or if it even holds merit but regardless, give this tune a listen. It is definitely more different then anything else posted in this thread:

nbakid2000 likes this.
  17. thebunk

QT - Hey QT (Sophie & AG Cook).

Next up, and I am sure many (most?) who listen to this may dislike it or cut it up based on the "chipmunk" like vocals which can be quite common to the more upbeat, electronic tracks released today. This is quite prevalent with the whole PC Music crew which both Sophie and AG Cook (who is the leader if there is one) are a part of. More on PC Music later as this collective has released a ton of great tracks and remixes this year.

Anyway, if you happen to be heading to a club tonight or just happen to be home drinking by yourself but in the mood to NOT listen to something mellow, throw this baby on. Not for everyone and while I am a fan of a lot of what the PC Music group puts out, the jury is still out for me on this one...

SteveCooks and nbakid2000 like this.
  18. thebunk

Danny L Harle - Aquarius (Luna Remix)

My favorite PC Music track of the year (and to date really) is Aquarius. This was taken from AG Cook`s PC Music mixtape and man, I wish this was the type of pop that was in the top 40. No, it does not carry a message, there are no guitars but man, it is catchy as hell. Anyway I am implore that you PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS TRACK.

AveryKG likes this.
  19. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

20. nbakid2000

This could qualify, I believe. 1984 is back!

21. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

I just stumbled on Jai Paul yesterday. What a freakin' genius this guy is! I bought his 2 official tracks (BTSTU & Jasmine) and the "edit" version of BTSTU in 16bit .wav format. Well worth it. Both mind-blowing. I also grabbed the "Jai Paul" compilation. The song "Flip Out" in particular blows my mind with the bird samples. So freaky and so cool. I sure hope this guy releases his debut soon. It's an automatic buy for me no matter what format he releases it in. Man I love finding cool new music! I've had all his tracks on repeat for 2 days now with no end in sight.

Buddhahat and nbakid2000 like this.
  22. Naughty Chord

Naughty Chord Hole in my Socrates

Buddhahat and nbakid2000 like this.
  23. nbakid2000

@thebunk were you aware that Saint Pepsi changed his name to Skylar Spence?

HeavensAbove likes this.
  24. nbakid2000

Shook - 'Spectrum' --- for all electro-funk/jazz fans. Dutch producer. Had a song in Better Call Saul too.

25. nbakid2000

Haha, yeah, I must have missed this earlier post about him. I was listening to Jai Paul on Spotify (not sure how I found out about him, maybe linking around Spotify?) and my friend IM'd me. She was shocked I knew who he was.

Naughty Chord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.