Beatles Mono VINYL Box Set - 8th September 2014 Release Date (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

The US Box filled with the EU pressings doesn't fit either. Obviously and unfortunately.

2. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

It's not the sleeves that are tight, it's the trousers.

Jayseph, chacha and Mlle. Aurora like this.
  3. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Yes it does. Just about.

4. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

well, master tapes for singles compilations, which Past Masters and to an extend Magical Mystery Tour are, can't really be cut from 1st generation master tapes. The 1st gen master tapes are the individual single masters. If you want to cut an LP from those you have to compile a new master tape (2n gen) anway. There is noooo way that they are splicing the old masters together now in 2014.

5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Can anybody help me out here? It may seem like an obvious answer if Italy is cheaper (even if it'll take longer to arrive) but I just want to be sure that I won't get a box in Italian/customs or the like.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Are folks buying this box even if it sounds sheet?

7. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Ironic that the demand for all analogue vinyl makes the use of some 1st generation masters impossible.

funkydude likes this.
  8. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Beatles-box sets and the noble art of placing and canceling pre-orders. Cant wait till there's more news about the actual product itself! :)

Mazzy likes this.
  9. 28IF

28IF Forum Resident

I would be very confident in assuming the Mono box dimensions will be identical to the Stereo Box regardless of the minor differences in contents specs. My pre-order states"shipping 5th Sept"! That's a week from today. Time is really starting to slow down.

10. David Ellis

David Ellis Forum Resident

I did that with the Led Zep Classic issues. I only got I & II. I wish I'd bought the box.

11. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

How's the mono mix of Help? It's one of the Beatles I haven't burned out on yet. I might buy a copy to hear these pressings, but only if Help might be a good mono example.

12. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I'm cancelling then. That box will absolutely not fit into tight trousers, let alone into an Ikea Expedit. What was I thinking. No way. The Beatles would not have intended non-uniform box sizes.

13. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the vinyl stereo vinyl box from Amazon Italy in 2012, and it arrived one day before the official release date (and nothing was in Italian:) No any customs because it's EU.

PH416156 likes this.
  14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

My 82 mono Help sounds lousy to me. Hoping this new one is a huge improvement.

15. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Its difficult isn't it, I cancelled my order from Amazon.ca and Amazon.uk and went for Amazon Italy, it may take a little longer to come but it is cheaper, I assume because we are in Europe that we will not have to pay customs etc, but who knows ? :(

16. Linto

Linto Mayor of Simpleton

I have more Beatles than I'll ever need, too many original LPs,
    and all the CDs incl Mono Box, and really I prefer stereo anyway.
    If hi res comes out I'll buy
    it, but my Beatles LP shelf is full (see avatar)

17. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Lovely news, much appreciated. :righton:

18. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Ooops, you're right. I was confusing Reverb with compression....
    The Reverb was mixed in at the stereo mixing stage.... So it's in all of them.
    Nice with this one is no compression...
    I'm still looking forward to getting the mono box set though :)

crispi likes this.
  19. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

It was never a hoid mono mix to begin with. Actually it's the worst of all the Beatles mono albums.

Ghostworld likes this.
  20. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

All this back and forth with pre-orders, canceling, re-ordering, canceling, re-ordering.

If you are really unsure if you want this why not just wait till the set comes out and read some reviews? This should clear up all the concerns you guys have and help with your decision. What is the rush anyway if you are on the fence? I am sure these will be around for the short term.

For me I don't have original UK monos and doubt I ever will. I am 99% sure that these will be the best there will be at matching or possibly bettering the originals. I am not going to get hung up on whether a few of the albums come from first or 2nd generation masters. If this is a deal killer for you then buy the originals or go without.

21. fab4

fab4 Forum Resident

No customs for Europe !
    Is the box that cheap compared to UK ? Because here in France, the box is 340 euros and in Italiy it is 300 euros ... for "only" 40 euros more, I would prefer place my order at Amazon France (or buy it at the retail store for the same price)... if there is a problem, I would be able to return it back faster and for free than sending it back to Italy (and maybe paying for shipping if there is difference between Amazon Italy costumer policy and Amazon France policy).

22. multichamp201

multichamp201 Forum Resident

Where did you preorder from that its saying it will ship September 5?

23. culabula

culabula Unread author.

There's nothing to fear! UK is (still) in the EU, so no duties are imposable. The box is being pressed in Germany for the world and will be the same everywhere.

24. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I would it expect it to be available in Ireland on the 05/09. Our release dates are always the Friday before say, a UK release date.

25. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

I'm not 28IF, but here in Finland it will be realeased on September 5 and the shop I ordered it (Levykauppa Äx, www.levykauppaax.fi) will be shipping it so that I'll have it delivered on that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.