INXS LP Boxed Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by celticbob, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I'm eventually gonna pick up the Mofi Listen Like Thieves and that'll be it for me unless Mofi does the Swing later on...

GabeL likes this.
  2. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Lol. The funny thing is, I had no idea there was any such book before that day! ;)

3. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Just watched the first episode of the mini series, all i can say is that it's really good.

theshape likes this.
  4. Szeppelin75

Just watched the second episode, even though some of the actors don't resemble their real life counterparts (The guy playing Hutchence looked more like Tim farris but got his essence right), the story is well played and if you're a fan of the band you'll enjoy it. The Miniseries is very álbum orientated, each álbum gets its own highlight. Very well done.

5. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Not a fan of compilations but I really like "The Greatest Hits" on vinyl. 18 tracks on two albums in a great looking gatefold, I'm really glad I picked it up because my first impulse was to leave it there and go for selected individual albums. But this is a terrific listen all the way!

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'm a big fan, but even I'll concede INXS was a better singles band. One of the few artists I love who I might legitimately recommend a compilation as the best way to enjoy them. Pretty much every single they put out is worth listening to, IMO.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  7. Szeppelin75

I didn't know The Greatest Hits was also available on vinyl.

8. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident Thread Starter

Me neither

9. Szeppelin75

Must cost an arm and a leg.

I just bought on ebay a VG++ pressing of Shabboh Shobbah, can't wait for it to arrive. Will get the reissues of Welcome, Dirty Moon and Elegantly Wasted in november when they come out. The first two albums i'm not interested for now.

10. Neonbeam

I paid six Euros for it. INXS is the kind of band certain dealers still don't see any value in. I also got my MFSL "Kick" out of a bargain bin. Strange:(

11. Szeppelin75

Strange a lucky.

12. FLF

FLF The insurgency began and you missed it.

I own the Columbian pressing of Full Moon as well because I couldn't find one anywhere for a long time and took my chances on it. It's been awhile since I've listened, but I don't recall it sounding all that great.

A couple years ago I went on a mission to find sealed originals of the INXS catalog and succeeded with the exception of a UK issue of Welcome To Wherever You Are which I could only find unsealed. I got a deal on it anyway (I think maybe $30 US for it at the time?). Anyway, I got on EIL's mailing list and happened upon a *sealed* UK copy of Full Moon...for about $23 US! At EIL? I was floored. Needless to say, I bought it on the spot.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  13. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Interesting - I recall this was one of those albums with different track lists in different territories. What is on the 18 track version you have?

In the US we got a relatively lame 16 track version which included 2 new songs (one that I really liked called "The Strangest Party" which had an electronic vibe to it) but it had some head scratching omissions (e.g "Don't Change" - WTF???????). I had this on cassette back in the day and don't recall any other specifics.

14. Szeppelin75

I had it on CD, it was the US versión or the latinamerican versión, i lost it somewhere down the line.

On another note my DVD of "Only Looking INXS" DVD has both discs scratched. Gonna have to get a new one.

15. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

I see Amazon uk have put the box setup to 200 pounds !!

More than happy I have got mine at half that price

16. Neonbeam

Tracklist
    A1 Mystify
    A2 Scuicide Blonde
    A3 Taste It
    A4 The Strangest Party (These Are The Times)
    A5 Need You Tonight
    B1 Original Sin
    B2 Heaven Sent
    B3 Disappear
    B4 Never Tear Us Apart
    C1 The Gift
    C2 Devil Inside
    C3 Beautiful Girl
    C4 Deliver Me
    C5 New Sensation
    D1 What You Need
    D2 Listen Like Thieves
    D3 Bitter Tears
    D4 Baby Don't Cry

JeffMo likes this.
  17. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I read in a couple places it was removed at the specific request of Michael.

18. contium

contium Forum Resident

This thread motivated me to pick up all their records up to X. Got original pressings for dirt cheap. Get them while you can.

FLF, Szeppelin75 and JeffMo like this.
  19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Artists!

20. SoundAdvice

21. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I paid $7 for a Brazilian pressing of Full Moon, Dirty Hearts at Shake-It Records in Ohio. Obviously not the band's high-water mark, but for $7? How could I say no?? :agree:

Rocketdog and Szeppelin75 like this.
  22. Szeppelin75

23. SoundAdvice

it opens for me. Super Deluxe Edition website just posted the story today and only post 2-3 new things per day.

24. Szeppelin75

Yeah, that's why i asked you, could you please post the pic?

25. SoundAdvice

12-15 photos embedded on a slide show

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.