Beatles Mono VINYL Box Set - 8th September 2014 Release Date (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Mine are coming media. I'm trying to time arrival so I can take the day off and focus on whats important...to me anyway. :)

2. I posted this image and story on another thread a couple of months ago.

One blue box is the edition that was numbered. Another is the regular uk blue box. Then I got an empty blue box somewhere and I put my full uk mono collection in as I never got the red box. The fourth blue box was a gift from my oldest friend who passed away.

Then there is one each from Japan France MFSL and the 2014. I got every single box right as they were released so paid normal retail or actually discounted because I was in the record biz.

They are on my media cabinet for the photo only. They live elsewhere

3. Yeah, Mazzy what is up with this?

Mazzy likes this.
  4. Read my reply above :tiphat:

They came to me organically.

morinix likes this.
  5. When the Beatles Hoarders tv show starts, you should be on the first season.

6. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I've been reading these threads for the last month or so.....(literally every post)

but I pulled the trigger just now. VERY excited.

I only have I think 2 records on LP and they are probably the crappy late 80's or early 90's pressings....I do have a few more on CD probably from around the same time frame...but this is pretty exciting.

I am a perfect candidate for this type of set...so I felt like it really couldn't get better than this for someone who really prefers LPs over other forms of collecting and listening to music and had so little Beatles on vinyl.

now comes the waiting.....

[​IMG]

kipper15 and jamiesjamies like this.
  7. SpinningInfinity

man they did have lovely hair

;)

[​IMG]

Vinyl_Blues and kipper15 like this.
  8. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Yeah, a huge reason I'm buying the box is because I only have beat up copies of Sgt. Pepper and Revolver on Capitol mono vinyl...

I've also never heard a few of their albums entirely in mono, so that should be fun!

9. But it is not hoarding if it is all kept nice and neat.

[​IMG]

Ash76, kipper15, Shaker Steve and 7 others like this.
  10. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

I remember this pic from a while back.. I'm still jealous..

Mazzy likes this.
  11. SpinningInfinity

exactly. I always heard the Beatles on the radio as a kid..got heavily into music around the age of 8...but for whatever reason...just never went headlong into the Beatles....so this is super exciting and I think going to blow my head off when I get it!!!!!!!!!

Amnesiac likes this.
  12. SpinningInfinity

that's called "proper hoarding" good sir.

;)

Mazzy likes this.
  13. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

I took September 8th-10th off of work, which may or may not be directly related to the arrival of this box set (and some vacation hours conveniently piling up).

Clonesteak and dirtymac like this.
  14. And that's called recycling Something I learned back in California.

jordanlolss likes this.
  15. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Oh, well, about The Beatles.Com website itself?

http://www.thebeatles.com/news/beatles-get-back-mono

"In an audiophile-minded undertaking, The Beatles’ acclaimed mono albums have been newly mastered for vinyl from quarter-inch master tapes at Abbey Road Studios by GRAMMY®-winning engineer Sean Magee and GRAMMY®-winning mastering supervisor Steve Berkowitz."

I've been reading for weeks, months at least a dozen or two articles that assert tht the very reason they eliminated digitial from the process is to address the complaints stemming from purist/audiophile complaints about the 2009 reissue campaign. Add to that the constrant refrain, "mono the way The Beatles intended" and you have the complete picture of catering to audiophiles and purists.

A quick Google sample:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/lif...ic/fab-four-return-mono-vinyl-format-20140620
    "Targeted at audiophiles and Beatles purists, the set will feature..."

Ad blurb from MusicDirect:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-234156...n-mono-limited-edition-180g-14lp-box-set.aspx

They saved the best for last. Cut from the original 1/4-inch analog master tapes and pressed at Optimal in Germany on dead-quiet 180g LPs, The Beatles In Mono 14LP box set is made by and for audiophiles... all-analog cutting process and audiophile-focused manufacturing. Purists rejoice: NO DIGITAL is involved in any part of the chain. This box presents The Beatles as they were meant to be heard, in spectacular mono sound.

Sure, they will hope to sell to any and all.

But there are probably hundreds of pages on this forum and others discussing, in spectacular detail winding down to discrete minutiae, every nuance of the process that will result in the release of the box next week from an audiophile/purist perspective.

My question: how could someone have missed that?

PS: I feel like I've been trolled.

kipper15 and Paully like this.
  16. Can I be in your will?:winkgrin:

Peter Pyle and Keith V like this.
  17. I have a 23 year old son. Sorry

morinix likes this.
  18. Missed what? :confused:

19. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Being an impurist, this reissue can only help me, I think.

20. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

"belushipower said:
    Where does it say that these are being reissued with audiophiles and purists in mind?"

21. Can't extrapolate?

22. belushipower

belushipower Forum Resident

Thanks for this info! I have never been to beatles.com so I hadn't seen this.

Still, there are millions of Beatles fans out there. Not all of them audiophiles/purists who are now able to buy the albums as released how the Beatles wanted the songs to be heard.

23. Yeah true in theory but most don't care. I have so many music loving friends and even a lot from my music biz days from the 1970s and only one other friend I know of is buying the mono box. A couple others may buy a couple single LPs. They are tired of buying this music yet again even thought they love it.

kipper15 likes this.
  24. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

What's the box with the word Beatles in yellow?

25. Bill Lettang

Bill Lettang Forum Resident

to put some perspective on the difficulty of new Beatles Masterings, I recommend going to BEATLES STEREO L.P. BOX SET-HI-FI WORLD. Here, Sean Magee explains how difficult it would have been to use original master tapes with an all analog mastering for the 2012 Stereo set. I sure much of this also holds true for the new mono box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.