The Beatles Stereo Vinyl Box Set $159.18

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Axis_67, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

Finally. A refund has been "granted". Thank you Jebus!!

Thurenity and trumpetplayer like this.
  2. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

Has anyone received the replacements ordered for defective LPs yet?

:wave:

3. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

Nope and I'm starting to get annoyed. I've emailed Universal several times and, although I get a response back that they are looking into it, I never get an update.

I'm a patient guy and I had no issues waiting a month for replacement LP's, but it's about two months and so far nothing. :(

4. Thurenity

Follow-up: Got one of the two LP replacements in the mail today -- was the worse of the two which is good, and it came directly from Rainbo (so Universal must be sending requests over there and then they process it and ship them out). I should hopefully get the 2nd LP by next week but I will wait and see.

Plus I have to playgrade this new LP, of course. :)

5. Thurenity

And late last week I got the 2nd replacement. Play-graded them both and satisfied with them - a bit of surface noise here and there but definitely better than what I had. :thumbsup:

They didn't ask for the originals back btw - so zero cost for me to get these -- just a few emails and a lot of patience, of course.

6. Matt Nes.

Matt Nes. Well-Known Member

I had to register just so I could post this. I recently purchased the Beatles Stereo Box Set (Vinyl) on Amazon for $283.00. It was fulfilled from ImportCds. Like many others I got the set and looked over the box, book and album covers and thought, WOW. This is excellent. The book especially was sharp and the newer graphics and designs with some of the older photos was awesome. Then I started to open the albums themselves. Thats why I actually bought the set...
    The 1st album, Please Please Me had a large knick on the lead in groove that would have wrecked my needle on my 1000 dollar Rega RP3. That was an omen. After looking over the entire set it was filled with cracked labels, off center labels, warped vinyl, white haze discoloration on the vinyl, and also many non-fill string of pearls.
    Also as I was reading thru the book I started to notice misspelled words hear and there. So I contacted Amazon and they said they would be happy to refund the price of the set. All I had to do was ship the set back WITH Tracking Number, Insurance, AND Signature Conformation. And to top it off they wanted me to PAY the return shipping myself. I said HECK NO. I did NOT order a defective set. That the set was defective from the factory and I would NOT pay to return it. I kid you not but it took over 20 email back and forth to Amazon to get them to pay return shipping. I even provided them with the screen shot from USPS showing that it would cost me $19.89 to ship the box back with all of these things added on. It was the last email I sent where I said if they did not provide me with a proper prepaid label I would just keep the set and call my credit card to tell them I had not received what I payed for. I told them that I would also provide each and every email between me and Amazon where they continually played stupid and pretended to not know what a pre paid shipping label was so they could see how Amazon was trying to stiff arm me into keeping a defective product.
    Well, the next email I got said they had issued a refund to my CC in the amount of $19.99.
    Looking back, Im pretty sure I had a counterfeit set. The misspellings in the book are what lead me to believe that. I just wanted to share how I was treated and what type of product I got from ImportCDs. I will NEVER buy from Amazon again...

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

dude get real. how is any of this amazon's fault? probably not even importcds' either.

8. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

You don't say.

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I would think this would come down to importcds return policy.

Are there known counterfeits of this set?

10. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

I here that sum people thru there books away, they were sew upset about the misspellings.

AdamChanSiuLung likes this.
  11. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Shouldn't it be:
    Yew dunt sae?
    the baeve

12. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

yea u rite!

13. Matt Nes.

Im glad that some very smart people caught my little joke. Gold star for you guyz...
    And I never said it was Amazons fault. Just that even they werent very helpful. I wanted to show people that even buying with Amazon and their A-Z guarantee you can still get screwed over when its not your fault they sent you a counterfeit set. How should the customer have to pay almost 20 dollars to return a product that is 100% defective from the factory and most likely a counterfeit fair? I didnt order a set of "Audiophile 180 gram Vinyl" to just look at the pretty pictures. It all boils down to EMI/Apple, The Beatles, and Rainbo Records trying to cash in. There is NO reason The Beatles had to use some rinky dink record pressing plant with so many 1 star reviews. They should only have used The Pallas group in Germany. Kind of like the Foo Fighters did for their up coming Album. Im sure when I get that there will be NO problems.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

While paying for returns sucks, it's the cost of dealing with low price providers on the Web.

If you don't like it, you can pay $100 more and buy locally.

Basically, you need to consider the risks and rewards and choose carefully.

I am not aware of any counterfeits, and ImportCDs is the retail arm of SuperD, who are one of the largest (legit) media distributors in the world, and THE largest import distributor in the US. They are one of the few sources who I would trust to send a legit (not counterfeit) item when counterfeits are an issue.

15. Matt Nes.

Whats the best place to order the set to get a European version? I dont really want to order it from thebeatlesonline.co.uk they want 95.99 pounds or 154.24 for shipping. And Amazon.uk wont ship it to my address...

16. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Matt, what country do you live in? That might get people to give you more local information on buying a EU set. I live in the US and there's no problem with amazon UK sending me a box if I order it. Just make sure you buy from Amazon UK directly and none of that fulfilled by stuff.

17. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

If this was ever on sale again for $159.18, I'd take a gamble on a US pressing.

18. Matt Nes.

I am in Wisconsin USA. I tried going on Amazon UK and if I type in "Beatles Stereo" for the search I see the stereo box set. The one that comes up for me is Amore DVD Fulfilled by Amazon. But if I try and buy it it says they cant deliver to the USA. I also tried emailing Amore DVD thru Amazon asking if they could make an exception and that I did NOT expect free shipping to the USA like they have it advertised for shipping to the UK. But they said they couldnt...

19. Matt Nes.

How about thebeatlesonline.co.uk ? if I bite the bullet would I most likely get a german/EU copy? I could not find that info on their site.

20. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Ok,

Click when you go to the webpage, under the "Want it Tomorrow" blurb, it will say something like "21 new from 272.70" click on the "21 new" link and it will list all the vendors selling it. Choose Amazon UK. When you get to check out, because you are in the US the price will reduce because VAT will be deducted.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Correct...Amazon.co.uk will ship to the US. But they aren't the low priced seller. You have to select Amazon.co.uk to get someone who will sell to you in the US...

22. Matt Nes.

Whats the best way to identify that my set is a EU or German pressing?

23. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

If it came in the original shipping carton, the box will have a sticker on it. If the manufacturer part number is Sony, it's U.S., if it's Optimal it's EU. Once the box is open, the EU copies have made in the EU somewhere on the label.

24. Matt Nes.

Thank you, I will check when I get my new set...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.