Upcoming Rolling Stones book by TASCHEN to be signed by Mick, Keith, Charlie & Ronnie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Hard to believe they got Mick and Keith to agree to sign all these copies...They don't need the cash, so these must be selling for so much $$$ that it's a prestige deal...

3. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I'm willing to bet the signatures are all autopen. Keith offered signed copies of his book on his website a few years ago and they were all found to be autopenned signatures. It's possible they would actually sign this book--if there's a manageable amount of copies being offered--but if not I'd bet they'd send them to be autopenned.

4. Nothing says "rock 'n' roll" like having the foreward of your $1000 photo book penned by an American president. :righton:

Jerry Horne and MRamble like this.
  5. Jerry Horne

I have confirmed with the publisher that these are all hand signed. I'm sure the price will reflect that.

Mainspark likes this.
  6. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Hope they are! For the record, the books autopenned by Keith I mentioned earlier were explicitly advertised as "hand signed" as well. People emailed the vendor confirming if they were in fact truly signed and they were adamant that they were. I knew one guy who had his copy inspected by an autograph expert and confirmed it was autopenned. He emailed the vendor again and they had no response for him.

Gumboo likes this.
  7. Jerry Horne

TASCHEN is also a big and very respected book publisher. What remains to be seen is if the autographs are bookplated or flatsigned.

8. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Add Wyman's signature and I'm in...

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Every other book on that webpage is a grand.

10. Jerry Horne

It should be noted that many of their "Deluxe" editions eventually get re-released as regular non-signed versions at around $70-.

jsayers likes this.
  11. Dougingb

Dougingb New Member

12. Jerry Horne

I wrote and asked for a few more details and this is what I got:

I just received more information about the title. The book will most probably only hit the market in Spring 2014.

To your question, the signatures will be proper "autographs" – so indeed personally signed by the band members. It is neither bookplated, nor flatsigned but signed on spot by the artists on special signing paper – which will then be bound with all other pages into the book. This is very similar to flatsigned.

I hope this helps.

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

With best regards from Cologne,

Catherine

Dougingb likes this.
  13. Jerry Horne

It certainly won't be under a $1000-

14. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Indeed, another "look at my sh!+" conspicuous consumable for 1%ers to put on the coffee tables of their $7 million Park Avenue lofts.

Dudley Morris and Ghostworld like this.
  15. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident

at least double that I would say..

16. Dougingb

Dougingb New Member

Thanks for the follow-up!!

17. Dougingb

Dougingb New Member

18. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

I'm still enjoying my Rolling Stones "50" book I picked up at Barnes And Noble for under $10(the original list was $60). That has the four "faux" signatures on the back sleeve in silver.

19. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

I'll have you know my loft was only 5.8 million. The market has recovered a bit since then. More money for coffee table books and 40 dollar salads.

20. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

That's kind of what makes me feel that the Stones are a sad pathetic bunch of old men that they can't let that go. Bill was a major force in the band and they just airbrush him out. I'm surprised Charlie hasn't put his foot down about it.

Sorry, that kind of petty behaviour just puts me off.

alexpop likes this.
  21. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

You can add me onto the list wondering why Bill Wyman's and Mick Taylor's signatures can't be added...

22. Jerry Horne

23. Dougingb

Dougingb New Member

24. Jerry Horne

$5000.00 for the regular and $10,000 for the Art editions. Not sure I can justify this.

25. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I can't - this make Genesis Publications look positively inexpensive by comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.