Completely blowing it during a TV performance

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by overdrivethree, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Coconut

Captain Coconut Active Member

That clip is from the New York ARMS concert, not as bad as the London show that I referred to.

2. Bill

Bill Senior Member

The great, great Georgie Fame on keyboard and vocal!

3. I'm not a Smashing Pumpkins fan, I don't know one song from another. But that one was sure bad.

4. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

Here's the London one, and his Stairway starts around 1:28:00 in. The previous comment of mine still applies. Aside from some apparent equipment difficulties, I don't see what's so bad. (This, coming from a guy whose entire LZ collection consists of 1 LP bought in the mid 70s)

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Here's "Disarm" from 1994:

6. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

I seem to recall that when they came out for the second song they had all switched their clothes with one another. That just added to the crazy vibe. Am I remembering that correctly? Anyway, great performances!

7. POP ruled I used to go there all the time

8. dylankicks

dylankicks Forum Resident

Bob Dylan-1991 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award-

mtruslow, hi_watt and Dark Horse 77 like this.
  9. bet the blonde at 1:24 broke some hearts

10. You do remember correctly - and that performance of "Kiss Me On The Bus" is also available on DailyMotion, right here (and complete with the closing sign-off, with the band milling around behind Harry Dean and the cast): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6yi55_that-s-where-we-re-riding_music

11. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

12. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

Yeah, I too was disappointed with Mick's voice. Too bad since he sounded much better during the rehearsals earlier in the week. (Which you can find in all the usual places.:winkgrin:) I guess all the oft-cited partying during the week with Belushi and the rest of them finally caught up with him.

jsayers likes this.
  13. RDriftwood

RDriftwood Vintage Member

Might not be TV but it doesn’t get much worse than this...

I hate it when the synth is in the wrong key because it's set to the wrong sample rate and the band doesn't even stop to fix it. DUH!

RexKramer and junk like this.
  14. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

Yeah - remember this and laughing about it at school the next day. Everybody watched TOTP's in those days.

15. Stone Pony

Stone Pony Well-Known Member

I know that I must have been blown away by the performance, because I went out and bought their debut LP about a week later!

16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

:righton: That's the one I was going to post.

17. veloso2

veloso2 Forum Resident

mc cartney at the olympic games!! awful

18. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Agreed. I believe there's footage of Paul's daughter in Paul's backstage "greenroom" saying how great the Who were before Paul hit's the stage.
    Paul was off his game. Even when he's not in great voice, he's a better performer than that.

19. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Bernie's guitar playing is atrocious, but everything else (including his vocals) is ace. It's always incredible to watch Stephen Morris play drums - how does he do that???!!! Amazing.

Summerisle and hutlock like this.
  20. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

YIKES!!

21. woodface

woodface Forum Resident

Yep, that was a bad night for Bob. But if we're talking awards ceremonies, you can't top Mike Love.

krock2009 and notesofachord like this.
  22. Regandron

Regandron Forum Resident

Yikes maybe, but Dylan's acceptance speech was fantastic.. baffling, funny, wise.. seemingly revealing a deep truth but what exactly ? He's a riot.

23. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

jfeldt likes this.
  24. oh1

oh1 Forum Resident

Certainly worth catching the entire performance as Bernie quite quickly implodes. I totally agree with you though in spite/ because of the technical issues it has always been my favorite footage of the band.
    Saying the F word twice on a Saturday afternoon while been transmitted live on the BBC was rare indeed. Almost a year to the day Bob Geldof repeated the "offense" at Live Aid and the rest as they say is history .

25. It's almost the same drum line as "Transmission", I note!

Anyway, Bernie's vocals are "ace"? You're taking the piss, right? With that guitar playing, wrong keyboard notes, and the vocal flubs and general pitchiness (granted though, pitchiness is a Sumner hallmark) I bet Hooky gave him a big wedgie afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.