Price Tracker: Beatles Mono Vinyl box set

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I did start the process on that...it takes a few days....but it's in the works...I have no beef with bullmoose...like I said I went there and was ready to order all 3 of the Zeppelin Super Deluxe Box sets...but they didn't take paypal...so that was the first sale I had to back out of.

anyway...I think Bullmoose is great...lets steer this back to the Beatles (and the fact is Bullmoose does have a great price on the Beatles Mono)

I am soooooooooooooooooooo pumped now. This is really neat and I've been chomping at the bit to pull the trigger for like 6 weeks on this box set...so I am very excited.

I will say this. If I see an awesome deal...I will still come back here and let people know...I think anyone who scores this for less than $300 did amazing...and anything around $336-348 seems like the main lowest prices people have found....so that is kind of where you want to aim your low ball meter.

I never came here to slander Bullmoose they are a solid company with a great rep...sometimes a publicly placed gentle nudge will get more notice than a private "hey do you guys do this?...oh...no you don't...ok"

public feedback done politely...can bring more light to a subject and then maybe the idea of taking it to a realization. I work for Warner Brothers as an artist and have for 18 years...I know the biz/

2. rl1856

rl1856 Forum Resident

Bullmoose price is 336.97 / instore only.....

Next

3. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

4. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Why are so pro paypal? Don't they take your money right now, and you still wait for weeks or months for the item to ship. And forget about the hassle of cancelling a pre-order.

5. SpinningInfinity

I generally have cash in my paypal account...so I don't mind paying directly...they can still refund through paypal...it just works better for me.

6. SpinningInfinity

7. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

Just be aware that you may receive an out of stock notice a couple of days after release. This has happened to me a few times, even though I had ordered a month or so in advance of the release date. I don't do that anymore. It all depends on how much stock they receive. so you may get Lucky.

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  8. SpinningInfinity

I grabbed the Beatles mono and the two new Super Deluxe Zeppelin box sets on pre-order...I ended up saving about $50. Without CA sales tax it would have been around $90. I'll happily take the $50 off though.....and now just crossing my fingers they are in stock when it's time to ship.
    Thank you for the sale info.

9. rl1856

rl1856 Forum Resident

10. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Hmmmm - has me re-thinking amazon. I have always liked the dependability, promptness (Prime), easy return policy (altho it seems that now I may need to re- consider actually using it) and - until recently - great pricing.

My biggest concerns w DD would be placing the order and waiting weeks without a definitive arrival date - being in limbo - and then receiving it poorly packaged. Even amazon sent the Stereo vinyl set loose in a larger box, which I returned unopened due to the packaging and Rainbo issues. Amazon.uk shipped in the original manufacturer's custom carton, w styrofoam end blocks, and set arrived in perfect condition. (I can't fathom why a retailer wouldn't retain the custom carton for shipping - which is even marked for such use - rather than unboxing it and letting it slide around in a generic cardboard box, ill-suited for a premium item of this weight and value.)

So I'm willing to pay a bit of a premium for amazon's reliability in meeting the ship date, and rapidly making it right if there is any issue w the set, but this DD pricing difference really has me thinking. Any other comments re deep discount?

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

If this were something I wasn't familiar with, like a box of unreleased Harrison trax, I'd probably opt for reliability with amazon. But the SHForum sometimes generates a bit of a "frenzy mentality" and I need to do stop and do a reality check. Have I heard these albums? Yes, hundreds of times. Have I heard these rarer mono versions? Yes, and I can listen to them anytime I want, thanks to the (cd) mono box. Do I need these right away, on September 9? HELL, NO! Not if I can save $85 and wait a few days. If there's any problem, I have no doubt my credit card company will fight fiercely on my side vs deepdiscount.

Others may need these faster, and that's cool, if that's where their priorities are, but I'm fine taking a chance this time.

dirtymac likes this.
  12. danner

danner Forum Resident

I went ahead and pulled the plug on my Bullmoose order, so I really hope these Blowitouttahere folks make good on my order.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  13. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

I agree - I'm not gonna die if i'm not the first on my block for these familiar tracks that are half a century old. It's not so much that i need them right away, mr jinks, but more the uncertainty of the shipping process and if they will give me a certain arrival date - for something of this expense, i really like to know when it will arrive - and the potential need to be able to return if shipping or pressing issues.

Plus, i still need to figure out when / if to cancel from amazon and amazon.ca.

14. mrjinks

People are already reporting shipping notices from amazon.ca. If you have an order with them, you'd better make up your mind soon!

15. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I neglected to say, in my two cases with Deep Discount, a couple of days after I received the Out of Stock email, I received an Order Cancelled email. So the cheaper price from Deep Discount was completely negated. I did buy one of the items for lower than the pre-order price about two months later (from Deep Discount). I just wont pre-order from them anymore.

16. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Well I'm starting to get nervous about my Blowitoutahere order. I checked the link they sent and I get this :

Order xxxxxxxxxx was not found.
    Please re-enter your order number or contact customer service for more information.

17. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Really? Amazon.ca still shows a release date of September 9th. Even if the guaranteed that delivery date on a pre-order, I wouldn't expect them to ship them now. Doesn't Amazon only guarantee the delivery date for domestic orders?

18. mrjinks

I swear I saw some posts about this in the mono thread. I'll see if I can find one...

Edit: sorry, looks like I may have misinterpreted. Starting with this post (and several more on the same page)
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...lease-date-part-7.378213/page-3#post-10992875
    there were a few talking about receiving notices from amazon.ca about when they would receive them.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  19. danner

danner Forum Resident

I can't even see anywhere to sign in and check my order status. Am I missing a really obvious link somewhere?

20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

No I was checking it from the email invoice they sent me. There is a link in that email.
    I tried going to the website and checking my order and I could not find a way to do that.
    I emailed customer service. Hopefully they will respond.

21. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I purchased a the CSNY 1974 that had a defective bluray disc. Returned it on Aug. 2 and
    Yep. Blowitouttahere has an "Order Status" link but it takes you right back to their main page.

22. KeithH

O.K. Thanks. That makes sense.

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I stopped dealing with Blowitoutahere a couple of months ago. The negatives outweighed the only positive : the price.
    There has never been a place to check your order status, hell, not even your account !?!?! Every time I made a purchase it was like charging an amount into a Black Hole.
    If it's a pre order, I'd get a weekly e mail apologizing for my backordered item ? WTF ?
    But this last time, receiving a Criterion Collection Blu ray in a flimsy gray plastic bag !?!? No padding whatsoever ? No, that was the straw. Done. Screw them, they could offer me CDs and Blu rays for free, and it wouldn't have me blink.
    Bull Moose, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, I don't need no Blowitoutahere.
    Hope y'all get your orders, and they arrive undamaged, really.

GroovinGarrett likes this.
  24. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Haven't you been receiving weekly emails from them reminding you that it's still not September 9th? If you have, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

25. KeithH

That's cute. It seems strange that he can't pull up a record of his order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.