Anyone heard Pure Prarie League Anthology from Camden label?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hutch, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PPL Runner

PPL Runner Forum Resident

Ronson did more on Bustin Out. He provided background vocals and may have played bass. Not to steal this thread, but unreleased material was mentioned above so here are some titles that were performed in concerts and may have been recorded: 1975: Sugar Babe, She Made me Lose My Blues, Nashville Again, On The Road Again. From 1977: California Hello, Fast Company, Kidnapped, and Choo Choo Charlie.

2. Deryl Johnson

Deryl Johnson Well-Known Member

Have You heard the newest album that they put out? "All In Good Time" came out I believe in 2007, and Craig Fuller sings lead vocals on all but one bonus track, and he shares vocal duties on that one with Larry Goshorn. George Ed Powell plays lead guitar and John David Call adds some of his awesome peddle steel. The CD goes for $50 on Amazon, and even at the inflated price it's worth every penny to a Craig Fuller fan. it is one awesome record.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  3. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I recall Choo Charlie being played in 1978...it's on a 1978 FM broadcast which I have.

4. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Well said, but I can't disregard 'Two Lane Highway' and 'Live! Takin' The Stage'.

Mick Ronson's string arrangements on 'Bustin' Out' are sublime. Also, listen to the very end of "Call Me, Tell Me" on 'Bustin' Out' and then do the same for "Rock And Roll Suicide" on 'Ziggy Stardust'...almost identical...that's courtesy of Mick Ronson :)

It's time for Iconoclassic to tackle PPL's catalog. :)

5. Hutch

Hutch Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well given their choice of doing She Darked the Sun as a B-side and covering Kansas City Southern on the live album I get the feeling they were having a few spins of the Dillard & Clark discs.

6. Hutch

If anyone cares I can report that the PPL Anthology Camden release indeed has a heavier bottom end than what I've heard thus far. Will probably be my go to for the first two albums.

...atrocious album cover though. Yeech. :disgust:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  7. Hutch

Just landed a copy for $25 incl shipping. :cool:

8. Hutch

I suppose it's about picking poison. Rarely can I find modern releases that either aren't too loud or too bright. So when it's just one or the other I feel lucky. In this case I like the Anthology, because even though it's loud, it has some bottom end missing from any previous release that I know of. The mastering on Woman is kinda weird though.

9. Hutch

Have you heard these? Bottom end?

10. Hutch

For anyone interested I see two different listings for All In Good Time on amazon UK. One is for really cheap, around 7 bucks US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.