Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mark, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Run and grab this quickly...Amazon.co.uk is selling the new Allman Brothers' Fillmore East Blu-ray set for around £34 pounds shipped to North Americans. That's $56 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JZO33HY

John D. and PH416156 like this.
  2. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Sorry, I cannot post a proper link - but, if you are a Mike Oldfield fan, please convince me if this is an absolute must-have....??? How can it NOT be worthy of approximately £3.00 per disc ???
    ================================
    The Studio Albums: 1992-2003 Box set, Import

(Mike Oldfield -Artist) Format: Audio CD
    Price: £22.55 & FREE Delivery in the UK.
    Pre-order Price Guarantee.

This title will be released on October 20, 2014.
    Pre-order now.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Gift-wrap available
    Product details
    • Audio CD (20 Oct 2014)
    • Number of Discs: 8
    • Format: Box set, Import
    • Label: UNASSIGNED
    • ASIN: B00MA0OLW6

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

PH416156 and lightbulb like this.
  4. lightbulb

Kinks Deluxe

The 2 CD Sanctuary release from 2011 of the Kinks debut is now listed on Amazon UK as Temporarily out of stock, but for 13.58 GBP.
    (This sure beats the $64.00 price tag asked by an Amazon US 3rd party seller.)

5. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I ordered it yesterday, despite the out of stock status. Let's hope they get some at that price. I think all the others are available at reasonable prices.

6. lightbulb

Yes, most of the other Kinks deluxe prices have already dropped to affordable prices this past month. I was waiting for this one the longest.

It's hilarious to see the 52.00 GBP price gap between the Amazon price and the next seller. I guess the pricing logarithms have not kicked in yet.

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the tip. I placed an order yesterday. Here's hoping they are able to get it back in stock.

8. lightbulb

You're welcome! I'm optimistic that we'll get our orders since it seems the other Deluxe Edition Kinks have been selling for good prices recently. Maybe all of them have been rereleased? with a slight font change on the "DE" on the front.
    Fingers crossed.

9. KeithH

I did not buy these sets in 2011, and I thought prices of all of them had risen to ridiculous proportions in the Amazon Marketplace. Then with all the recent talk of them being reissued by Sony, I went looking for the originals again and was surprised to see most of them available cheap. I've bought several of them in the past couple of weeks as a result. Given the catalog switch to Sony, it would seem strange for Universal to have suddenly pressed a bunch of copies. Maybe Universal is dumping old stock (although the font change is odd).

Even though these sets are supposed to be reissued by Sony, I say get the Universal sets now. Most of them are cheap enough, and the Sony sets aren't here yet. Releases get canceled for one reason or another. Assuming Sony does issue Deluxe Editions, are we certain they will be identical in content to the Universal sets?

10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Now £ 9.24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004E9OLZ8

Those of you who ordered, cancel and place a new order saving £ 4.34 :)

turnersmemo and lightbulb like this.
  11. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. Doesn't Amazon.uk have the guaranteed low price deal that amazon us has? I'm wondering if I need to cancel and reorder.

12. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

IIRC, the "low price guarantee" is valid for preorders only.

Mr. H likes this.
  13. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I think you may be right so I canceled and reordered. Thanks.

Mr. H likes this.
  14. lightbulb

Thanks a lot! I cancelled and just got in an order for £ 7.70 plus £ 3.08 shipping = £10.78 total!
    (Oddly enough - the price on the initial product info page is £ 9.24, BUT the amount is £ 7.70 on the checkout page. So, perhaps the lowest price guarantee IS in effect on this re-release? No complaints here.)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  15. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

I think you're just seeing the removal of the VAT, since you're in the US.
    By the way, thanks to person who posted this. I'm in for one too.

rtalwani likes this.
  16. KeithH

I believe you are correct. As a result, I canceled my previous order at the higher price and placed a new order. Thanks for the tip!

17. lightbulb

Hey Jeff,
    Here an excerpt from my Payment Info page:
    Item(s) Subtotal: £7.70
    Postage & Packing: £3.08
    -----
    Total Before VAT: £10.78
    VAT: £0.00
    -----
    Total: £10.78
    -----
    Grand Total: £10.78

I wish this would happen more often! I'll take it! :goodie:

18. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

That's what mine looks like too. I think the original price you see on the product page includes the VAT. If you're from the US, the VAT comes off the price so you see a lower price.

If I order from Amazon UK, the price in my cart is always less than what's on the product page.

lightbulb likes this.
  19. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

Price you see in the cart is (Listed Price)/1.2 to be exact.

lightbulb and Jeff Edwards like this.
  20. lightbulb

Thanks Jeff & JETman - I never saw this before - if this means a reduction on all Listed GBP prices less the VAT, of course, I'll gladly take it! (Now, I wonder why the VAT was never removed before...?)

21. JETman

JETman Forum Resident

No problem. The same thing happens whenever a US resident (or any resident outside the EU) buys from any of the Amazons in the EU or UK. The VAT rates are different in each country. Of course, there are overseas retailers (Burning Shed, for example) who refuse to back out the VAT from purchases made from outside the EU.

lightbulb likes this.
  22. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

This has ALWAYS been the case for music items ordered directly from amazon.co.uk. But the 20% VAT is NOT removed by third-party "marketplace" sellers (even those located in the UK).

23. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

You're very welcome, guys :targettiphat:

Btw, if Sony starts manufacturing this title too, we will likely see it available for less than £5 from marketplace sellers, just like "Something else"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004WDPX9Y

for those who didn't know it, Sony now owns Sanctuary and the latest Kinks Deluxe reissue (Lola vs Powerman) has the Sony BMG logo already.

lightbulb likes this.
  24. ianhilluk

ianhilluk Forum Resident

25. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Universal bought Sanctuary and then were forced to sell some parts of it off to BMG after they acquired EMI, the BMG that owns those parts is primarily a licensing company and an entirely separate entity to the BMG that was previously purchased by Sony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.