FamilyNet to have a new format starting September 1 and other Rural Media Group news

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BradOlson, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven Thread Starter

For now, you notice that much of RFD-TV's programming is the same as that on RFD-TV, but to distinguish the brands, Rural Media Group has a program agreement with Sony for 5 years with Sony supplying the programming and represent advertising sales, while Rural Media Group is responsible for the daily operations and distribution on cable/satellite.

The shows provided by Sony to FamilyNet are the following with the launch of the partnership:
    I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, All In The Family, Brothers, Malcolm and Eddie, Good Times, Sanford and Son, What's Happening Now!!, The Monkees, Barney Miller, T.J. Hooker, Starsky and Hutch, Charlie's Angels, Fantasy Island

Some of the movies that Sony will air on FamilyNet will include Rudy, Born Free, Funny Lady, Short Circuit 1 & 2, Annie, A River Runs Through It

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
    Steve Carras and jupiter8 like this.
  2. BradOlson

Steve Carras likes this.
  3. BradOlson

4. BradOlson

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Sounds like some great additions to the channel!

BradOlson likes this.
  6. BradOlson

7. BradOlson

8. BradOlson

The FamilyNet link above is the actual schedule for the new formatting but select your time zone. The series Brothers that Sony owns the rights to is a short lived series from 2009 that aired on Fox. The series Brothers that aired on Showtime in the 1980s that actually lasted longer is owned by Paramount/Viacom and FamilyNet does not have access to the Viacom library.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  9. BradOlson

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  10. BradOlson

Here are Mollie Busta Lange's (she's the Mollie B hosting the Mollie B Polka Party) words in regards to this: I have disappointing news if you watch the MOLLIE B POLKA PARTY on FamilyNet. As of September 2014, you will no longer be able to watch the POLKA PARTY on FamilyNet. If you can add RFD-TV to your list of channels, please do, for we are still on RFD-TV. Or for a small fee go towww.rfdtv.com and join the Country Club. You can watch the current programs and archived shows... It's kind of like DVR for RFD, you can watch it when you have time.

11. BradOlson

I am watching the launch of the new format of FamilyNet and the prints are great.

12. BradOlson

Right now, T.J. Hooker is on and next is Starsky and Hutch. They just finished airing I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched.

Mark Nelson likes this.
  13. BradOlson

FamilyNet is even showing the credit screens properly and the aspect ratios are correct.

jupiter8 and Mark Nelson like this.
  14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Wow! That's unexpected! Glad to hear it.

15. Pickoid

Pickoid Forum Resident

This is terrible news for me. We don't get RFD on U-Verse. The Marty Stuart show is one of my favorite shows. I could get by with nothing but BBC Top Gear and Marty Stuart. I'll have to get my Marty fix some other way.

16. BradOlson

www.rfdcc.com

17. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Thanks for the heads up, Brad. Love this new schedule - it's a blast from the past!

BradOlson likes this.
  18. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I am glad to see a lot of old favorites bounce around from Antenna to Me-TV to now this channel! At least they are always on somewhere!

19. BradOlson

Another reason why RFD-TV shows are no longer also running on FamilyNet is because the simulcasting was an impediment to their programming so these reruns and the partnership with Sony was necessary in moving forward and that Rural Media Group is working on adding RFD-TV to cable lineups that only have FamilyNet.

20. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'm confused by this thread. DirecTV shows RFD and their schedule has not changed at all. I guess all these old programs listed above are not available to me.

21. BradOlson

The old shows are on FamilyNet, their sister channel as of this past Labor Day. Before this development happened, RFD-TV and FamilyNet were airing the same shows.

22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

DirecTV usually has most everything but apparently not FamilyNet.

23. BradOlson

You should go to http://www.rfdtv.com/link/649370/find-us-in-your-area type your zip code and select DirecTV and request FamilyNet. All DirecTV subscribers who want to see this new format of the network, please do the same. DISH does carry both RFD-TV and FamilyNet. U-Verse subscribers should do the same thing, type your zip code and select AT&T U-Verse TV.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  24. BradOlson

This is the final weekend that RFD-TV programming gets broadcast on FamilyNet by popular demand, after this weekend, no more RFD-TV shows on FamilyNet, although the cattle auctions will still be on FamilyNet.

25. BradOlson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.