Finally! Iron Maiden BLACK VINYL reissues coming in September...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmpatrick, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Seriously guys,I have no idea,I`m not really in any way in the know just a dork on an internet forum:wtf:.If they are going this far as a longtime fan I would love to hear the rest like everybody else.:wave:

2. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

They were never officially released as separate albums so it is unlikely.

3. Mij Retrac

All of the singles and LPs are up on Amazon.com. The singles are 7.98 so I scooped up all of those and the last 5 albums that I didn't already pre order at UK. I don't see a version that had the red box on the US site.

4. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

So I re-spun the picture disc edition of the debut album that came out last year, and I have to say it sounds fantastic. The swooshing sounds you hear between the tracks (and very low I might add), cannot be heard during the music. I really enjoyed it actually, it was very distinct, and clear, so I can only imagine these new ones will sound great, on black vinyl. I will pick one up to try for myself, but I really think they will do a great job with these.

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

In keeping with the theme of this thread, my boss was kind enough to give me his original mint copy of Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind (Canadian Harvest press - with the initial green and yellow harvest label). Which is interesting as I never even knew that label existed for that album. My Canadian copy I had as a kid had the brain custom label, and my UK Utopia press has the custom labal as well. So I"m really happy to have another copy of this great album, with the original Harvest label.

6. riff2112

riff2112 Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the first 3 albums and box from amazon.uk and now the last 5 are available on amazon.com. But was there any mention of where these would be pressed at, especially US vs UK using different pressing plants?

7. Vinyl Fan 1973

Not sure if it will be the same as the last picture disk series. There was a pressing done in the US and the UK. The UK presses came with obi's that covered part of the LP cover. The UK ones were the only ones to have it, so they may do the same with this run as well.

8. riff2112

riff2112 Forum Resident

Yes, I actually bought all of those UK pic discs but never opened any of them after hearing how noisy they were, which I knew they probably would be, so why did I buy them? Seemed like a good idea at the time! So...guess I'll try to sell the pic discs to help offset the cost of these new ones. And I hope these are well mastered and pressed but don't know if I should go for all UK issues or get some US. Or are they all the same? Inquiring minds want to know. Ya know?

9. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

For $350+ you could buy the Limited Edition vinyl of Best of the Beast where all The Soundhouse Tapes tracks are on the last side of the 4th LP.

10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I just thought this would be the perfect chance since there are so many unnofficial Soundhouse Tapes vinyl and even Beast Over Hammersmith records out there.Oh well,I glad everything else is coming out soon and so far everything looks promising that these will sound right.It does seem strange we haven`t seen Maiden Japan !:confused:

11. Does anyone know if the picture discs are all analog?

12. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

That is what everyone is arguing about in this thread, personally I don't know but I very much doubt it, I am happy with my original UK Vinyl and Cd's :)

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Lego Maiden - UP the Irons as we wait for these reissues. :wtf:

14. wkcchampion

wkcchampion Well-Known Member

Hello, I've been away for a while (also from the KISS thread).
    I pre-ordered all the 7" singles available now and the red box + the 3 LPs.

Vinyl Fan 1973 and Mij Retrac like this.
  15. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

As did I. Cannot wait to get these.

Mij Retrac and wkcchampion like this.
  16. 1973_2fk4

1973_2fk4 Active Member

Hi!

Some know me perhaps from the KISS Vinyl thread (I was born with Kiss/ACDC/Maiden/Queen - all those great bands - and I grew up with them)

I just discovered yesterday all the Maiden Vinyl re-release thing. I ordered the first three with the box for the rest until SSOASS (I think these were all of their best records - although I like many many songs later recorded - example:My Generation cover is great)

The singles are nothing for me - just for the eye, but not for the ear I think.

I will order the rest of the LPs now too. Does anyone know if any "known persons" remastered the LPs?
    I am so happy they release them finally in black vinyl.
    Weeks ago I posted in a thread here "...I can't understand why Maiden doesn't relase those in High Fidelity Black Vinyl..." something like this and now - bah bah - Here it is...
    AND I ordered them from Amazon.de (58.xx for the first three with the box and I live in Germany so no shipping costs and very fast shipping) and they will be relased on the 10th of october. This is my birthday!

Can't wait to here more new Infos about the LPs!!

Have a nice day
    1973_2fk4

17. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

Or you could track down the Virus 12" vinyl and the Virus promo only CD and have all four Soundhouse Tapes tracks for about $60

jeffgt14 likes this.
  18. Mij Retrac

Almost all the singles have non LP tracks on them. Almost all of them are very good.

19. Mij Retrac

They claim to be.

20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I'd prefer a separate EP for Soundhouse cut on 12" 45RPM and if I can be greedy I'd like to get the complete Live at the Marquee show that forms part of the Live + One EP AND the complete Maiden Japan show cut on 2 LP's. I don't think it's a huge request since Maiden controls their catalog, the fans would absolutely love it.

steveharris likes this.
  21. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I want the Blaze records !! Please Maiden Please !

Wally Swift and SeventhGun like this.
  22. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

And i want No Prayer and Fear of the Dark

Blueshirt likes this.
  23. 1973_2fk4

1973_2fk4 Active Member

Yes, to tell you the truth - I want all LPs from No Prayer For... until the latest, too. INCLUDING both Blaze B. records.
    Sign Of The Cross & The Clansman are in my always changing Iron Maiden Top Ten... I love those songs, sung by Bruce or Blaze.
    (There is no band like IM that has never released really bad songs)

1973_2fk4

24. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

The versions on the Best Of The Beast LP box sound horrible and have serious flaws in the bass range. Sounds like taken from a distorted reel-to-reel tape. The versions on the original 7" sounds fantastic, compared to BOTB.

25. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Hmm. I'd there a good version that had Strange World on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.