SUPERMAN: THE MUSIC (1978-1988) box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

I wish they'd release a box like this of the 1966 Batman soundtrack. There are a lot of themes and scores that remain unreleased on any format.

2. Futurecity

Futurecity Forum Resident

I actually have the Rhino 2CD set (was it released in 2000?) and the SUPERMAN FSM boxed set, but haven't listened to either in ages, so was just curious to hear some opinions from you and other people, regarding which one might definitely sound better.

Are you suggesting the 2000 Rhino set sounds even worse than the original WB edited CD release? I always thought the Rhino set sounded terrific and was a major step up from the original WB CD at least, but maybe it's time I find the Rhino set and compare it with the FSB boxed version. I no longer own the original WB CD though.

3. Great stuff in that Thorne interview, I think he did a fine job on the score for Superman II. It probably has my favorite musical cue from the entire series, when Superman shows up to challenge the villains.

That older WB CD sounds like a product of its era, likely derived from EQed LP cutting masters. There are too many edits to really consider it a viable option, though I admit to occasionally pulling it out for nostalgia. It's the sound I grew up with despite its occasional brassiness and thinness.

Futurecity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.