AcousticSounds vs SoudStage vs Elusivedisc vs MusicDirect

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by stenway, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

When they don't have a product in the warehouse, they don't say that it's out of stock. They say that it usually ships in five days, or whatever number they think is most accurate. That's the number of days it takes them to get the product to the warehouse before they ship it.

2. skriefal

skriefal Senior Member

It doesn't typically take that long. But it can do so sometimes. Media Mail is lower priority than any other type of mail; if there isn't room on a truck or flight at one leg of its journey then it'll sit until there is (days if necessary). Media Mail is a money-loser for the postal service so they don't really care much about it. But some vendors still offer it as an option because it's cheap(er) than the alternatives.

3. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Thanks
    Thank you for the info! I try and remember it is just records and I have plenty of others to listen to.

4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Good observations. I want all these guys to make what they need to and stay in business. A few returns really hammer their margins. So, for me the free shipping is a very nice gesture if it doesn't take too long.

5. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Just an update....still waiting for my order from Soundstage. Had I ordered from Elusive I would easily have had it by now. This is two for two...lesson learned.

6. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well guys, said I would follow up. It has been over two weeks since I placed a nice order with these clowns. I sent an email two days ago asking whether my order had even shipped. No reply...and that is something I don't understand in today's vinyl market when you can buy this stuff pretty much anywhere. Tells me loud and clear they don't care. So, today I get home and there is a notice telling me I have to go to the post office and sign for it. Really? So, another delay. Never have had a vinyl vendor ship signature required and in my neighborhood there is no need. I am so done with these guys! Free shipping is not worth it. And I ship media mail all the time for my business. I would be long gone out of business if products I sell took two weeks to arrive. It is obvious they do not ship for a few days after they receive an order. They have to be losing a lot of business by offering free shipping as people like me will not order again. This is twice they have taken their time to send out my order, and not responding to an email inquiry is unacceptable customer no service. I think they probably put priority on orders that pay extra for faster shipping, and get to the other orders when they can. Not cool!

7. Gabe Walters

What did you order? Every product listing on their website tells you approximately how long the item will take to ship. Sometimes they just don't have things on hand, but they tell you that up front.

8. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I think the way the folks at Music Direct have set up their ordering system is moronic. The fact that they know there are bugs but haven't addressed them for years makes them idiots.

9. scottcon

scottcon Forum Resident

I've been ordering for well over a decade from from Elusive Disc without a single problem. By far they offer the best packaging, and I've never received a record with any seam damage. My worst luck has been from Soundstage, with several shipments arriving with seam splits, and I faced subsequent hassles trying to get them to replace the damaged records.
    -Scott

10. Gabe Walters

To avoid seam splits from Soundstagedirect, you can ask them to ship the records outside the jacket. That's really the only way to avoid them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.