Prince releases a new song from the album and it sounds..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

The track sounds pretty banal and forgettable. He's trying too hard to pamper to the same people who buy Beyoncé and Justin The Beaver tiny toons.

2. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I think I'm going to skip purchasing these releases based on the the few songs I've heard from both releases. He seems to be totally out of steam.

It will be interesting when these flop and is back fighting with WB.

sound chaser likes this.
  3. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Ok, don't get carried away here. I hear very few people talking about Prince, no kids wearing a Prince tshirt. I am not ready to say he was more influential than Dylan. No chance from my perspective.

Carserguev likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

but they were talking about influence on current music not on idiot kids walking around the mall

Emperor5353 and EVOLVIST like this.
  5. Emperor5353

Emperor5353 Forum Resident

Prince releases his first lp in 79 I think? (I will have to double check)
    You can name an artist in every decade since then that wears his/her Prince inspiration proudly
    His staying power has been enormous, despite some lackluster music as of late..
    The creativity is still there..we've seen flashes of it

6. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

are we talking about "U Know"?

it sort of catches up to you later.. I wasn't bowled over either... but I have it in my head now.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  7. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

The album tracks I have heard so far, have got me taking notice in a long time!

8. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

No not the reinvention of the wheel but on my first listen I'm intrigued and had me nodding my head.

I look forward to both releases, I guess 3rdeye will be the rock album and the new Prince album will be a more dancey affair from the sounds of this track, anyway 2 new Prince albums is something to look forward to, at least for me anyway.

9. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I press play and nothing happens...oh well, I'll hear it eventually.

10. As trite as this guy's video is, I do have to agree with nearly everything he said about these upcoming albums from Prince and 3rdEyeGirl. I really haven't been that enthused of singles that have come out thus far, as most of the songs sound predictable at best. However, the songs that have come from Art Official Age sound decent. Time will only tell.

11. Sander

Sander Senior Member

Funk N Roll had really got me looking forward to Art Official Age. One of the best Prince songs in years!

12. goombay

goombay Forum Resident

Loving this track.:righton:

13. liked that breakfast track a lot. funkroll (or whatever it's called) is okay by me. i was v. disappointed w/ Whitecaps. U Know is hit and miss for me - hate that autotune and the glitch-hop production effects, but it could be a grower into more hit than miss.

14. Sick Sick Phil

Sick Sick Phil Forum Resident

Around The World In A Day is a real hidden gem. I was able to get a sealed vinyl copy for $6 last year. However, I thought the target album was very good if a bit silly in places.

Frippwire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.