Creedence CCR returning to Analogue Productions vinyl; SACD to follow

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Galley, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Good news, even if you already have them. These albums deserve to be readily available to anyone who wants them and these are the versions to have. Nothing but win here.

MikeJedi, DaleH, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  2. I didn't get Cosmo and Bayou again recently. Those recent $18 fantasy issues. Don't know about mastering but they sound awesome for a good price. I'm not A-B ing so it doesn't matter

I understand higher priced records somewhat but I'm getting tired of the $40 plus price.

Millington likes this.
  3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, I skipped it because it was routinely panned. (I don't think I read one good review of it.)

4. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

The recent release of Bayou Country on Fantasy uses the Analogue Production Stampers. It's only on 150G vinyl, but it sounds great to me.
    I only looked in the dead wax because it sounded so good, and was shocked to see Kevin Gray / Steve Hoffman @ ATM etched in the dead wax.

From what I've read around here, Cosmo also uses them.

Who knows how long Fantasy will use these stampers, though. With Analogue Productions re-releasing them, I'd bet Fantasy will have another lacquer cut, if they haven't already.

5. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

Did the 150g 2014 Fantasy reissues include the s/t, Green River, and or Willy and the Poor Boys?

6. FLF

FLF The insurgency began and you missed it.

Maybe I lost it in the details, but does anyone know why QRP isn't repressing these at 45 RPM? I've been wanting this box set for ages now and while 200g vinyl is more than welcome, I was hoping for 45 rpm. After purchasing The Doors Infinite box, it's sure easy to get spoiled! Either way, I can't wait to get my hands on both the vinyl and SACD releases. ;)

7. videoman

videoman Senior Member

My "go to" version of "Bayou Country" is the SH mastered DCC CD. I don't how it's going to get much better than that. It makes sense that I read here that these new releases are going to be reissues of previous remasters.

The price they charge? Whatever the market will allow, I suppose. I have questions about how the labels might try to control price by limiting supply and creating scarcity, but that's probably a topic for another thread.

My question was really just wondering if there's actually anything MORE to pull out of these original masters. At what point are they just trying to pretend that they can for marketing purposes. But if these are new issues of previously released GREAT masterings....then that makes good sense to me.

8. Only 150 gram? I wish all new records were that. I think 180 plus is a hyped waste and not necessarily better

They sound wonderful and the a perfect retail price. Not sure why only those two titles

9. No. Don't know why ???

10. Because most folks don't want to turn over every 7 minutes.

hishou and FLF like this.
  11. Raider4life

Raider4life Forum Resident

I bought the Analogue Productions vinyl box set when it first came out...simply outstanding...you cannot go wrong here.

12. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

I wonder if these titles will come out on Fantasy at all, or if this latest round of reissues by AP will be it.

13. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I have all the DCC gold CDs, too. They're great, every one of 'em.

masterbucket likes this.
  14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I've had enough experience with 180g and 200g pressing to know that there will be no discernable difference in sound. On the other hand, on my system, at least, there is a significant difference between the 45 rpm and 33 rpm tracks. The 45 rpm tracks just "breathe" and I never understood the original decision to release the 45 rpm tracks on lower priced "highlights" discs. I'm not usually one to cry "missed opportunity", but . . . . .

15. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

The DCCs were great, the AP SCAD hybrids were great too. The Fantasy remasters aren't good. Steve has commented before about the CCR recordings - the drums are dull compared to the vocals. Either leave the drums slightly dull and have natural vocals (DCC and AP), or brighten up the drums and have vocals that are sibilant (Fantasy remasters).
    Get these AP versions while you have a second chance. It's unlikely you'll get a third.

ruben lopez likes this.
  16. If you are talking about the recent two Fantasy LPs. Well they sound great. But I'm not A B ing

17. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

I was talking about the Fantasy remaster CDs. They might sound great in isolation, but when you hear the AP or DCC CDs, the AP and DCC Cds are a revelation in sound.

Carlox likes this.
  18. FLF

Has anyone picked these up yet? Curious to hear how these turned out!

Digging around the net for best prices on the new Absolute Originals box and I stumbled on a listing at importcds for the 2009 box here:

http://www.importcds.com/music/1646900/creedence-clearwater-revival-ccr-box-set-absolute-originals

Importcds lists 5-10 day shipping which leads me to think they may/may not even have them (assumed these sold out everywhere long ago?)

If not, would it be worth trying to snag a 45rpm box over a 33rpm 200gram release?

19. before the beach boys but after stevie ray vaughns next round of reissues

20. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Well although the 45rpm box is the best sounding and has the bonus 12" it's more of a sampler for each LP. I ended up getting both. No regrets.

FLF likes this.
  21. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

I remember a few people said they actually prefer the DCC's to the SACD's, anyone here share that opinion?

22. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Not me. Don't get me wrong the DCC's for the most part were pretty good (save for Cosmo's Factory) but the SACD's are IMO an improvement.

23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I am sure that they will not get in the 2009 box. That one sold out long ago. If you don't have them, I would recommend the new 200g box (although it is rather pricey at $280.00). An alternative is to order the individual albums that you want for $30 apiece.

It doesn't look like they are going to manufacture any more 45 rpm boxes. I have one, and I think they are the best Creedence has ever sounded, but it's just a sampling of tracks, so it seems very incomplete.

FLF likes this.
  24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

That would be me. I just like that DCC signature sound. Whatever was done back then never was quite replicated later imo.

Lucidae likes this.
  25. FLF

Thanks. I missed the boat on the 2009 box long ago. I kept running across seemingly different track listings and got confused about it just being a sampling of tracks. I'll bite on the 200g box even at that price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.